The UNC Asheville Bulldogs (13-6, 5-1 Big South) will attempt to continue a four-game win streak when they visit the Charleston Southern Buccaneers (7-10, 3-3 Big South) on Wednesday, January 18, 2023 at CSU Field House. The matchup airs at 7:00 PM ET on ESPN+. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Bulldogs’ (to win on the moneyline) matchup with the Buccaneers ( ).
The betting facts in what follows reference odds valid as of January 18, 2023 at 5:39 PM ET.
Sign up for DraftKings today and get up to $1,250 in bonuses! New bettors only.
UNC Asheville vs Charleston Southern Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
UNC Asheville Offense Vs. Charleston Southern Defense
|UNC Asheville Offense||Stats (Rank)||Charleston Southern Defense|
|74.5 (131)||Points/Gm||74.9 (319)|
|8.1 (228)||Possessions/Game||13.7 (323)|
|47.3 (47)||Field Goal %||46.9 (324)|
|38.0 (35)||3PT %||36.2 (294)|
|54.6 (41)||Effective FG %||53.6 (322)|
|56.7 (86)||True Shooting %||60.7 (324)|
Charleston Southern Offense Vs. UNC Asheville Defense
|Charleston Southern Offense||Stats (Rank)||UNC Asheville Defense|
|76.9 (69)||Points/Gm||70.0 (203)|
|13.7 (40)||Possessions/Game||8.1 (133)|
|44.8 (165)||Field Goal %||42.4 (125)|
|35.0 (122)||3PT %||29.5 (27)|
|51.7 (149)||Effective FG %||47.3 (78)|
|54.1 (206)||True Shooting %||51.5 (70)|
Best Betting Sites For UNC Asheville vs Charleston Southern
UNC Asheville Betting Insights
- UNC Asheville has put together a 9-8-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Bulldogs have covered the spread four times this season (4-3 ATS) when playing as at least 2.5-point favorites.
- So far this season, seven out of UNC Asheville’s 17 games have hit the over.
- The Bulldogs and their opponents have gone over 145.5 combined points in six of 17 games this season.
- The average point total in UNC Asheville’s games this season is 144.5, 1.0 point fewer than this matchup’s over/under.
Charleston Southern Betting Insights
- Charleston Southern has won 11 games against the spread this season, while failing to cover four times.
- When playing as at least 2.5-point underdogs this season, the Buccaneers have an ATS record of 8-3.
- Charleston Southern and its opponents have combined to go over the point total 12 out of 15 times this season.
- The Buccaneers and their opponents have combined to score more than 145.5 points in seven of 15 games this season.
- Charleston Southern’s outings this season have a 151.8-point average over/under, 6.3 more points than this game’s total.
UNC Asheville Key Players
- The Bulldogs points and rebounds leader is Drew Pember. He puts up 19.1 points per game and pulls down 9.7 rebounds.
- Caleb Burgess paces the team with 3.7 assists per game.
- The Bulldogs are led by Tajion Jones from beyond the arc. He knocks down 2.8 shots from deep per game.
- UNC Asheville’s steals leader is Trent Stephney, who collects 1.4 per game. Pember leads the team averaging 2.8 blocks a contest.
Charleston Southern Key Players
- The Buccaneers leader in scoring is Claudell Harris Jr. with 19.0 points per game. He also adds 4.1 rebounds per game and 2.2 assists per game.
- The Charleston Southern leaders in rebounds and assists are Taje’ Kelly (5.5 rebounds per game) and Tyeree Bryan (2.2 assists per game).
- Tahlik Chavez is tops from three-point range for the Buccaneers, knocking down 2.9 treys per game.
- Charleston Southern’s Harris Jr. has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.1 per game and RJ Duhart is first in blocks with 0.8 per game.