The Los Angeles Chargers (2-7) take a three-game losing streak into a matchup with the New York Jets (0-9) on Sunday, November 22, at SoFi Stadium. Los Angeles is favored by points in the contest. The over/under is set at .
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of November 17, 2020, 1:41 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
- Chargers games have gone over 47 points on six occasions this season (66.7% of matchups).
- In two (22.2%) games this season, the Jets have combined with their opponents to go over 47 points.
- The two teams average a combined 38.5 points per contest, 8.5 fewer than the total for this matchup.
- These two teams combine to surrender 57 points per game, which is 10 greater than the total for this matchup.
- Chargers games average 52.3 total points per game this season, equal to the over/under for this matchup.
- Jets games average 43.2 total points, 3.8 fewer than the total for this matchup.
- The Jets are the NFL’s 32nd-highest scoring team this season compared to the 17th-ranked Chargers.
- This matchup features the NFL’s 30th-ranked (New York) and 22nd-ranked (Los Angeles) scoring defenses.
Chargers Betting Insights
- Los Angeles’ games have hit the over in six out of nine outings this season (66.7%).
- Los Angeles has compiled a 5-4 record against the spread this season.
Jets Betting Insights
- New York has a losing 2-7 record against the spread.
- Four of New York’s nine games this year have gone over the point total (44.4%).
When the Chargers Have the Ball
- The average points per game output for the Chargers this season, 25.1, is 4.7 fewer than the 29.8 the Jets have given up in each contest.
- In games where Los Angeles score at least 25.1 points this season, they are 1-4 overall and 3-2 against the spread.
- When the New York defense allows 29.8 points or fewer this year, the Jets have pieced together a 0-3 overall record and a 1-2 record against the spread.
- The Jets defense has allowed an average of 402.7 yards per game this season, just one yard fewer than the 403.7 the Chargers offense has averaged. The Chargers pick up 5.7 yards per play while the Jets allow 6.1 per play.
- When the Los Angeles offense puts together a game with at least their 2020 average in yardage, they are 1-4 overall and 2-3 against the spread this season.
- When New York allows fewer total yards to opposing offenses than their season average, they are 0-4 against the spread and 0-4 overall this season.
- The Chargers have averaged 131.6 yards per game on the ground this season, 10.7 yards more than the Jets have allowed to opposing rushing attacks (120.9).
- When Los Angeles rushers gain at least a combined 131.6 yards this season, they are 2-2 overall and 3-1 against the spread.
- This season, when the New York defense allows opponents to pick up less than 120.9 yards on the ground, they are 0-5 against the spread and 0-5 overall.
- The Chargers have turned the ball over 1.2 times per game this season, while the Jets have averaged 1.1 takeaways per contest.
- In games where they turn the football over 1.2 times or fewer this season, Los Angeles is 2-4 overall and 4-2 against the spread.
- New York’s record this season when they force more than 1.1 turnovers: 0-3 ATS, 0-3 overall
When the Jets Have the Ball
- The Jets average 13.8 fewer points per game (13.4) than the Chargers give up (27.2).
- New York is 1-2 against the spread and 0-3 overall a season ago when the team notches at least 13.4 points.
- Los Angeles has a 3-2 record against the spread and a 1-4 record overall in games when it surrenders 25.1 points or less.
- The Jets collect 83.9 fewer yards per game (265.9), than the Chargers allow per outing (349.8). On average, the Jets gain 4.5 yards per play, while the Chargers give up 5.6 per play.
- In games Los Angeles holds its opponents to 349.8 or fewer yards, it has a 2-3 record ATS and a 2-3 record overall.
- The Jets rush for 98.8 yards per game, 18.6 fewer per game than the 117.4 the Chargers allow per outing.
- When New York rushes for at least 98.8 yards, it had a 1-5 ATS record and a 0-6 overall record.
- This season, Los Angeles is 2-3 against the spread and 0-5 overall when holding opponents to no more than 117.4 rushing yards.
- This year, the Jets turn the ball over 1.1 times per game, 0.2 more turnovers per game than the 0.9 the Chargers force on average.
- New York is 1-5 against the spread and 0-6 overall when it turns the ball over 1.1 or fewer times.
- This season, Los Angeles has a 4-3 record against the spread and a 2-5 record overall when it forces at least 0.9 turnovers.
Chargers Players to Watch
- Rookie Justin Herbert has 2,333 passing yards (291.6 yards per game) and has a 66.8% completion percentage this year (201-of-301) while throwing 19 touchdowns and six interceptions. He also has 176 rushing yards on 37 carries with three touchdowns, averaging 22.0 yards per game.
- Joshua Kelley has rushed for 313 yards on 98 attempts (34.8 yards per game) and one touchdown. He also averages 15.7 receiving yards per game, grabbing 19 passes for 141 yards.
- This season, Keenan Allen has 65 catches (93 targets) for 690 yards (76.7 per game) and five touchdowns.
- Mike Williams has also contributed with 431 yards on 25 grabs with three touchdowns. He has been targeted 45 times and puts up 53.9 receiving yards per game.
- This season, Hunter Henry has caught 37 passes on 58 targets for 387 yards and two touchdowns, averaging 43 receiving yards per game.
- Uchenna Nwosu has registered 3.5 sacks, three TFL, and 19 tackles over nine games.
- Kyzir White has collected 70 tackles, four TFL, and 0.5 sacks so far this year.
Jets Players to Watch
- This year, Sam Darnold has racked up 1,045 passing yards (174.2 yards per game) while going 112-for-191 (58.6% completion percentage) and throwing three touchdowns and six interceptions in six games. He has tacked on a 138 rushing yards on 18 carries with one touchdown, averaging 23 yards per game.
- Frank Gore has picked up a team-high 386 rushing yards (42.9 yards per game).
- Lamical Perine has 168 yards on 47 carries (21 ypg), with one rushing touchdown over the course of eight games.
- This season, Jamison Crowder has 31 catches (48 targets) for 409 yards (81.8 per game) and three touchdowns in five games.
- Breshad Perriman has caught 16 passes on 24 targets for 219 yards and two touchdowns, averaging 43.8 yards per game.
- Quinnen Williams has notched a team-leading three sacks, while adding seven TFL and 31 tackles.
- This season, Neville Hewitt has totaled 72 tackles and one TFL.
- Pierre Desir has a team-high three interceptions and has tacked on 45 tackles, two TFL, and eight passes defended.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from