The Los Angeles Chargers (5-4) and the Pittsburgh Steelers (5-3-1) square off in a Week 11 matchup. The Steelers ( moneyline odds to win) will visit the Chargers ( ) on November 21, 2021 at 8:20 PM ET on NBC. A total of points has been set for the matchup by sportsbooks.
In this article we break down what you need before placing a bet on the game. That includes key metrics, injury statuses, weather conditions, and the best available odds.
The betting facts in the article below reference odds valid as of November 21, 2021 at 8:13 PM ET. Head to the table below for the latest lines for this contest and get up to $1,000 Risk Free Bet at BetMGM today!
Chargers Vs. Steelers Betting Odds
Chargers Vs. Steelers Player Props
Chargers Vs. Steelers Betting Angles
Chargers Vs. Steelers Weather
A high temperature of 76 degrees Fahrenheit, with clear sky and 8 mph winds, is the forecast for SoFi Stadium on Sunday (as of 8:13 PM on November 21).
Chargers Vs. Steelers Injury Report
Los Angeles Injuries
|Oday Aboushi||G||Knee (acl)||Out|
|Ryan Smith||CB||Torn Acl||Out|
|Easton Stick||QB||Gameday Inactive||Out|
|Trey Pipkins III||OT||Gameday Inactive||Out|
|Joshua Kelley||RB||Gameday Inactive||Out|
|Gabe Nabers||FB||Gameday Inactive||Out|
|Mark Webb Jr.||DB||Knee||Out|
|Tyson Alualu||DE||Fractured Ankle||Out|
|Dwayne Haskins||QB||Gameday Inactive||Out|
|Anthony McFarland Jr.||RB||Gameday Inactive||Out|
|Buddy Johnson||LB||Gameday Inactive||Out|
Chargers Offense Vs. Steelers Defense
|Chargers Offense||Stats (Rank)||Steelers Defense|
|24.3 (15)||Points/Gm||20.6 (8)|
|0.38 (13)||Points/Play||0.33 (8)|
|370.2 (10)||Yards/Gm||348.9 (13)|
|282.8 (8)||Pass Yards/Gm||244.3 (10)|
|100.2 (21)||Rush Yards/Gm||123.0 (24)|
|5.8 (12)||Yards/Play||5.6 (16)|
|7.2 (17)||Yards/Pass||7.4 (19)|
|4.4 (11)||Yards/Rush||4.6 (26)|
|43.9% (7)||3rd Down %||34.5% (6)|
|62.2% (12)||Red Zone %||46.2% (3)|
|9 (5)||Turnovers||8 (27)|
|16 (7)||Sacks||26 (7)|
Steelers Offense Vs. Chargers Defense
|Steelers Offense||Stats (Rank)||Chargers Defense|
|19.7 (25)||Points/Gm||25.3 (25)|
|0.30 (24)||Points/Play||0.39 (22)|
|331.1 (24)||Yards/Gm||361.1 (17)|
|247.6 (18)||Pass Yards/Gm||219.2 (3)|
|94.7 (26)||Rush Yards/Gm||155.1 (32)|
|5.0 (26)||Yards/Play||5.6 (16)|
|6.4 (28)||Yards/Pass||7.2 (13)|
|3.8 (27)||Yards/Rush||4.8 (31)|
|40.2% (14)||3rd Down %||45.9% (30)|
|58.3% (18)||Red Zone %||63.6% (20)|
|11 (11)||Turnovers||11 (17)|
|17 (8)||Sacks||17 (27)|
When The Chargers Have The Ball
- The Chargers have committed nine turnovers, fifth-lowest in the NFL, while the Steelers have forced eight turnovers (sixth-fewest in the league).
- Los Angeles ranks 11th with 4.4 yards per carry, compared to the 4.6 per rush Pittsburgh gives up (26th in the NFL).
- The Chargers score on 62.2% of their red zone trips (12th in the NFL), and will be up against the Steelers’ third-ranked defense in that category (46.2%).
- Los Angeles’ offense is 15th in the NFL at 24.3 points per game. It will be facing Pittsburgh’s defense which allows 20.6 per game (eighth in the league).
When The Steelers Have The Ball
- The Steelers are No. 8 ranked in the league in sacks conceded (17), playing the pass rush ranked 27th, the Chargers (17).
- Pittsburgh converts 40.2% of its third downs (14th in the league), while Los Angeles’ defense ranks 30th in that category (45.9%)
- The Steelers average 6.4 yards per pass attempt (28th in the NFL) compared to the 7.2 per pass the Chargers allow (13th in the league).
- Pittsburgh’s 247.6 passing yards per game ranks 18th in the NFL. Los Angeles’ defense allows 219.2 through the air (third in the league).
Chargers Betting Trends And Insights
- Los Angeles has compiled a 5-4-0 ATS record so far this year.
- A total of three out of Los Angeles’ nine games this season have hit the over.
- In four of nine games this season, Los Angeles and its opponents have combined to score more than 47.5 points.
- The Chargers have put together a 2-3 record in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 40% of those games).
Steelers Betting Trends And Insights
- Pittsburgh has covered three times in nine chances against the spread this season.
- This year, games featuring Pittsburgh have hit the over just twice.
- Pittsburgh has played just one game this season that finished with a combined score higher than 47.5 points.
- This season, the Steelers have been the underdog four times and won three of those games.
Chargers Players To Watch
- This season Justin Herbert has put up 2,545 yards through the air (282.8 YPG) while completing 65.4% of his passes, with 19 touchdowns and seven interceptions. He’s also tops on his team with 117 yards on the ground on 30 carries (plus two scores), averaging 13.0 yards per game.
- Austin Ekeler has taken 112 attempts for a team-high 523 rushing yards (58.1 yards per game) and five touchdowns. He’s also hauled in 39 passes for 340 yards with four touchdowns through the air, leading his team in receiving yards as well.
- Keenan Allen has 65 receptions for a team-high 698 yards (77.6 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Mike Williams’ stat line this year reveals 41 catches for 608 yards and six touchdowns. He averages 67.6 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 72 times.
- Joey Bosa has registered a team-leading 5.5 sacks, while adding 3.0 TFL and 28 tackles.
- Derwin James has collected 80 tackles, 3.0 TFL, 1.5 sacks, and one interception, and he’s tops on his team in tackles.
- This season Kyzir White leads the team with two interceptions and has added 65 tackles, 5.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and two passes defended.
Steelers Players To Watch
- Ben Roethlisberger has passed for 1,986 yards (196-of-299), with 10 touchdowns and four interceptions (220.7 yards per game).
- Najee Harris has taken 176 attempts for a team-leading 646 rushing yards (71.8 per game) while scoring four touchdowns. He’s also caught 44 passes for a team-high 317 yards with two touchdowns through the air.
- Chase Claypool has totaled 51 rushing yards on six carries (5.7 yards per game). He also has 29 catches for 433 yards (a team high) and one touchdown.
- Diontae Johnson has 52 catches (82 targets) and paces his team with 613 receiving yards (68.1 per game) while scoring three touchdowns.
- T.J. Watt has notched a team-leading 12.5 sacks, while adding 13.0 TFL and 39 tackles.
- Over the current campaign, Joe Schobert has totaled 63 tackles and 1.0 TFL and leads the team in tackles.
- This season Cameron Heyward leads the team with one interception and has added 47 tackles, 7.0 TFL, 4.5 sacks, and six passes defended.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from