The Houston Rockets (11-25) are heavy underdogs (+10.5) as they try to stop a six-game home losing streak when they take on the Boston Celtics (19-17) on Sunday, March 14, 2021 at Toyota Center. The contest airs at 8:00 PM ET on NBCS-BOS. The over/under is set at 224 in the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from FanDuel Sportsbook as of March 14, 2021, 1:05 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Celtics vs Rockets Betting Odds
Celtics vs Rockets Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of March 14
Romeo Langford: Out (Health and Safety Protocols)
P.J. Tucker: Out (Not with team),
David Nwaba: Day To Day (Wrist),
Dante Exum: Out (Calf),
John Wall: Out (Knee),
Eric Gordon: Out (Groin),
Christian Wood: Out (Ankle),
Danuel House Jr.: Out (Knee),
Rodions Kurucs: Out (Oblique)
Celtics and Rockets Records ATS
- Boston is under .500 against the spread this season with a record of 17-19
- Boston and its opponents have outscored the set over/under in 55.6% of its games this season (20/36).
- Houston has a 12-24 record against the spread this season.
- 23 of Houston’s 36 games (63.9%) this season have fallen short of the over/under.
- Boston’s games this year have gone over the point total for Sunday’s matchup total (224 points) in 55.6% of opportunities (20 out of 36 matchups).
- 13 Houston games this year (36.1% of its matchups) finished with a final total higher than Sunday’s point total of 224 points.
- The Celtics have seen a 223.1 average over/under in their games this season, 0.9 points fewer than the over/under in this matchup.
- Rockets’ games have an over/under of 220.4 points this season, 3.6 points fewer than the total points bet for this contest.
- The average implied total for the Celtics this season is 112.9 points, 4.1 fewer points than their implied total of 117 points in Sunday’s game.
- Boston has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (117) 13 times this season.
- The Rockets’ average implied point total on the season (114.5 points) is 7.5 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (107 points).
- This season, Houston has scored more than this game’s implied total of 107 points 16 times.
- The Celtics are at the 20th spot in the NBA’s scoring charts (111.9 PPG), while the Rockets allow the 22nd-fewest points per game (113.2) in the league.
- The Celtics have totaled a total of 26 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 0.7 per game), while the Rockets have been out-scored by opponents on average this year (by 214 total points, -6 per game).
- The Celtics scoring leader is Jayson Tatum, who contributes 25.1 points per game.
- Boston is led in rebounding by Tristan Thompson’s 8.3 rebounds per game and assisting by Marcus Smart’s 5.8 assists per game .
- Kemba Walker is the top three-point shooter for the Celtics, hitting 2.9 per game.
- Boston’s steals leader is Smart, who grabs 1.7 per game. Robert Williams III leads the team averaging 1.6 blocks a contest.
- Christian Wood leads the team in both scoring (22.0 points per game) and rebounding (10.2 rebounds per game).
- The Houston leader in assists is John Wall with 6.0 assists per game.
- Eric Gordon makes more threes per game than any other member of the Rockets, averaging 2.6 treys per game.
- Houston’s Victor Oladipo has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.5 per game and Wood is first in blocks with 1.5 per game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from