The Detroit Pistons (1-4) are underdogs against the Boston Celtics (3-3) at Little Caesars Arena on Sunday, January 3, 2021. The game tips at 3:00 PM ET on NBA TV.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of January 3, 2021, 12:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Celtics vs Pistons Betting Odds
Celtics vs Pistons Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 3
Romeo Langford: Out (Right wrist),
Javonte Green: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Kemba Walker: Out (Left knee)
Frank Jackson: Day To Day (Not With Team),
Blake Griffin: Day To Day (Concussion Protocol),
Jahlil Okafor: Day To Day (Ankle)
Celtics and Pistons Records ATS
- Boston is an even 3-3 against the spread this season.
- When favored by at least 7.5 points, the Celtics are 0-1 against the spread in 2020-21.
- 3 of 6 Boston games this season (50%) resulted in a total more than the contest’s over/under.
- With a 2-3 record ATS, Detroit has not routinely covered the spread this season.
- Three of Detroit’s five games (60%) this season have not covered the over/under.
Head to Head
Jerami Grant scored a team-high 24 points to help lead the Pistons past Jayson Tatum (28 points) and the Celtics 96-93 in their most recent matchup on Friday. The Celtics were favored by 8.5 points in the game, but the Pistons covered the spread in the loss. The teams scored 189 total points to go under the 213.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/1/2021||Celtics||Pistons||-8.5||213.5||-376||295||Regular Season||96-93 DET|
|1/15/2020||Celtics||Celtics||-9.5||218.5||-447||346||Regular Season||116-103 DET*|
|12/20/2019||Celtics||Celtics||-9||211.5||-477||361||Regular Season||114-93 BOS*|
|2/13/2019||–||Celtics||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||118-110 BOS|
|12/15/2018||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||113-104 DET|
|10/30/2018||–||Celtics||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||108-105 BOS|
|10/27/2018||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||109-89 BOS|
|2/23/2018||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||110-98 BOS|
|12/10/2017||–||Pistons||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||91-81 BOS|
|11/27/2017||–||Celtics||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||118-108 DET|
- 1/15/2020 DNP – Celtics: Jayson Tatum; Pistons: Luke Kennard, Blake Griffin, Reggie Jackson
- 12/20/2019 DNP – Celtics: Gordon Hayward, Marcus Smart; Pistons: Luke Kennard, Blake Griffin, Reggie Jackson
- The Celtics are at the 16th spot in the NBA’s scoring charts (109.8 PPG), while the Pistons allow the 22nd-fewest points per game (115.2) in the league.
- The Celtics have a negative point differential on the season (-7 total points, -1.2 per game), as do the Pistons (-34 total points, -6.8 per game).
- The Celtics scoring leader is Jaylen Brown, who contributes 27.5 points per game.
- Brown’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 29.5, 6.3 lower than his season average of 35.8.
- Tristan Thompson paces Boston with 8.6 rebounds per game and Marcus Smart leads the squad with 6.2 assists per matchup.
- Smart’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 22.5, 2.3 greater than his season average of 20.2.
- Tatum makes 3.0 threes per game to lead the Celtics.
- Tatum’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.5 shots less than his season average of 3.0.
- Boston’s blocks leader is Robert Williams III, who collects 1.6 per game. Jeff Teague leads the team averaging 2.0 steals an outing.
- Teague’s steals prop over/under for the contest is set at 0.5, 1.5 steals lower than his season average of 2.0.
- Grant owns the Pistons top spot in scoring with 23.0 points per game and also tacks on 5.6 rebounds and 1.4 assists per contest.
- Grant’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 20.5, 9.5 lower than his season average of 30.0.
- Mason Plumlee (11.2 rebounds per game) and Killian Hayes (4.0 assists per game) are the Detroit leaders in rebounds and assists.
- Hayes’ PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 12.5, 3.1 higher than his season average of 9.4.
- Grant leads the Pistons in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 2.6 made threes per game.
- Grant’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 1.1 shots lower than his season average of 2.6.
- Nobody on Detroit grabs more steals than Plumlee (1.6 per game) or blocks more shots than Grant (1.2 per game).
- Plumlee’s steals prop over/under for the contest is set at 0.5, 1.1 steals less than his season average of 1.6.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from