The Boston Celtics (15-13) are slightly favored (by 2.5 points) to stop a three-game road losing streak when they visit the New Orleans Pelicans (12-17) on Sunday, February 21, 2021 at 3:30 PM ET. The point total for the matchup is set at 233.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of February 21, 2021, 12:41 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Celtics vs Pelicans Betting Odds
Celtics vs Pelicans Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of February 21
Marcus Smart: Out (Calf),
Romeo Langford: Out (Right wrist)
Steven Adams: Day To Day (Ankle)
Celtics and Pelicans Records ATS
- Boston is over .500 against the spread this season with a record of 15-13.
- The Celtics are 8-6 against the spread in 2020-21 when they are at least a 2.5-point favorite.
- 15 of 28 Boston games this season (53.6%) resulted in a total greater than the contest’s over/under.
- New Orleans has a 13-16 record against the spread this season.
- When they play as at least a 2.5-point underdog, the Pelicans tend to have trouble covering with only a 5-7 record against the spread.
- 19 of New Orleans’ 29 games (65.5%) this season have gone over the over/under.
- Boston and its opponents have gone over Sunday’s 233 total in seven out of 28 games (25%) this season.
- In New Orleans’ games this season, the competing teams combined for a higher point total than Sunday’s matchup over/under in 12 out of 30 matchups (40%).
- This season the average total for Celtics games is 220.4 points, 12.6 fewer than the over/under of 233 points for this contest.
- A difference of 3.9 points separates this game’s over/under (233 points) and the average total points bet in Pelicans’ games (229.1 points) this season.
- The average implied total for the Celtics this season is 112.5 points, 5.5 fewer points than their implied total of 118 points in Sunday’s game.
- So far this season, Boston has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (118) 10 times.
- The 114.3-point average implied total on the season for the Pelicans is 0.7 fewer points than the team’s 115-point implied total in this matchup.
- New Orleans has scored more than 115 points 13 times this season.
- The Celtics are the league’s 22nd-highest scoring team (111 PPG), while the Pelicans allow the 24th-fewest points per game (114.9) in NBA play.
- The Celtics have put up a total of 42 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 1.5 per game), while the Pelicans have been out-scored by opponents on average this year (by 122 total points, -4.1 per game).
- The Celtics scoring leader is Jayson Tatum, who averages 25.8 points per game.
- Tatum’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 37.5, 0.1 lower than his season average of 37.6.
- Boston is led in rebounding by Tristan Thompson’s 8.2 rebounds per game and assisting by Marcus Smart’s 6.1 assists per game .
- Smart’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 20.5, 1.4 less than his season average of 21.9.
- Kemba Walker makes 2.8 threes per game to lead the Celtics.
- Walker’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.3 shots less than his season average of 2.8.
- Boston’s steals leader is Smart, who grabs 1.8 per game. Tacko Fall leads the team averaging 1.3 blocks a game.
- Smart’s steals prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.3 steals lower than his season average of 1.8.
- Zion Williamson outpaced his teammates on the Pelicans scoring front by putting up 25.0 points per game. He adds 6.7 rebounds and 3.1 assists per game this season.
- Williamson’s points prop total for the game is set at 23.5, 1.5 points lower than his season average of 25.0.
- Steven Adams (8.9 rebounds per game) and Lonzo Ball (5.0 assists per game) are the New Orleans leaders in rebounds and assists.
- Adams’ rebounding prop over/under for the game is set at 8.5 boards, 0.4 rebounds less than his season average of 8.9.
- Ball leads the Pelicans in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 3.0 made threes per game.
- Ball’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 0.5 shots less than his season average of 3.0.
- Ball is at the top of New Orleans’ steals hierarchy with 1.3 steals per game and Brandon Ingram leads the squad in blocks with 0.9 per game.
- Ball’s steals prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.2 steals greater than his season average of 1.3.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from