The Indiana Pacers (2-0) are underdogs against the Boston Celtics (1-1) at Bankers Life Fieldhouse on Sunday, December 27, 2020. The game tips at 8:00 PM ET on NBCS-BOS. The matchup has an over/under set at points.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from William Hill Sportsbook as of December 26, 2020, 8:55 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Celtics vs Pacers Betting Odds
Celtics vs Pacers Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of December 27
Romeo Langford: Out (Right wrist), Tacko Fall: Out (Eye), Kemba Walker: Out (Left knee)
Pacers: Jeremy Lamb: Out (Knee), Edmond Sumner: Day To Day (Illness), Goga Bitadze: Out (Right ankle), Brian Bowen II: Out (Groin)
Celtics and Pacers Records ATS
- Boston went over .500 against the spread last season with a record of 50-34-5.
- The Celtics were 30-23-4 against the spread in 2019-20 when they were at least a 2-point favorite.
- 44 of 89 Boston games last season (49.4%) resulted in a total more than the contest’s over/under.
- Indiana regularly covered the spread last season with a record of 38-36-3.
- As at least a 2-point underdog last season, the Pacers tended to covered the spread with a 19-17-2 record against the spread.
- Indiana and its opponents regularly hit the over last season, doing so in 50.6% (39) of its 77 games played.
Head to Head
Jayson Tatum (30 points) led the Celtics over Domantas Sabonis (28 points) and the Pacers 114-111 in their most recent matchup on Tuesday. The Celtics were favored by 3 points in the game, which pushed. The 225 total points in the matchup covered the 214.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/10/2020||Celtics||Pacers||-3||214.5||-147||124||Regular Season||114-111 BOS*|
|12/11/2019||Pacers||Pacers||-1.5||211||-121||102||Regular Season||122-117 IND*|
|4/5/2019||–||Pacers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||117-97 BOS|
|3/29/2019||–||Celtics||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||114-112 BOS|
|1/9/2019||–||Celtics||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||135-108 BOS|
|11/3/2018||–||Pacers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||102-101 IND|
- 3/10/2020 DNP – Celtics: Jaylen Brown; Pacers: Malcolm Brogdon, Jeremy Lamb
- 12/11/2019 DNP – Celtics: Marcus Smart; Pacers: Victor Oladipo
- Boston and its opponents went over Sunday’s 221 total in 39 out of 89 games (43.8%) last season.
- 32 Indiana games last year (41.6% of its matchups) finished with a final point total greater than Sunday’s over/under of 221 points.
- Last season the average total for Celtics games was 219.6 points, 1.4 fewer than the over/under of 221 points for this contest.
- Pacers’ games have an over/under of 216.7 points last season, 4.3 points fewer than the total points bet for this matchup.
- The Celtics had an average implied point total of 111.6 last season, which is 0.4 points lower than their implied total in Sunday’s game (112).
- Boston outscored its implied point total for this matchup (112) 49 times last season.
- The Pacers’ average implied point total last season (110.5 points) is 0.5 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (110 points).
- Last season, Indiana scored more than this game’s implied total of 110 points 41 times.
- Last season, the Celtics were the NBA’s ninth-highest scoring team (112.8 PPG), while the Pacers allowed their opponents the third-fewest points per game (107.7) in the league.
- The Celtics totaled 539 more points than their opponents last season (six per game on average), and the Pacers scored 101 more points than their opponents (1.3 per game).
- Tatum contributed 23.4 points per game last season.
- Tristan Thompson collected 10.1 rebounds per game and Jeff Teague dished out 6.1 assists per contest.
- Marcus Smart averaged 1.7 steals per game. Daniel Theis collected 1.3 blocks a game.
- TJ Warren averaged 19.8 points per game last season.
- Malcolm Brogdon dished out 7.1 assists per game and Sabonis grabbed 12.4 rebounds per matchup.
- Justin Holiday averaged 1.2 steals per game. Myles Turner collected 2.1 blocks a game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from