The New York Knicks (5-8) are underdogs (+8) as they attempt to stop a five-game losing streak when they visit the Boston Celtics (8-3) at 1:00 PM ET on Sunday, January 17, 2021 at TD Garden. The contest airs on NBA TV. The matchup’s point total is set at 212.5.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of January 17, 2021, 12:41 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Celtics vs Knicks Betting Odds
Celtics vs Knicks Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 17
Romeo Langford: Out (Right wrist),
Tacko Fall: Day To Day (Ankle),
Jayson Tatum: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Daniel Theis: Day To Day (Finger),
Carsen Edwards: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Kemba Walker: Day To Day (Left Knee),
Robert Williams III: Out (Health and Safety Protocols)
Nerlens Noel: Day To Day (Lower Back),
Frank Ntilikina: Out (Right Knee),
Mitchell Robinson: Day To Day (Right heel),
Alec Burks: Day To Day (Ankle)
Celtics and Knicks Records ATS
- Boston is over .500 against the spread this season with a record of 7-4.
- The Celtics have a losing record against the spread when favored by at least 8 points, going 0-2 this season.
- 6 of 11 Boston games this season (54.5%) resulted in a total more than the contest’s over/under.
- New York holds a losing record ATS this season with five wins and eight losses ATS.
- Nine of New York’s 13 games (69.2%) this season have fallen short of the over/under.
Head to Head
Jayson Tatum scored a team-high 30 points to lead the Celtics over Julius Randle (26 points) and the Knicks 113-104 in their last matchup on December 1, 2019. The Celtics were favored by 7.5 points in the game and covered the spread in the win. The teams scored 217 total points to cover the 209.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/1/2019||Celtics||Knicks||-7.5||209.5||-315||248||Regular Season||113-104 BOS*|
|11/1/2019||Celtics||Celtics||-9.5||211.5||-538||408||Regular Season||104-102 BOS*|
|10/26/2019||Celtics||Knicks||-5.5||218.5||-213||174||Regular Season||118-95 BOS|
|2/1/2019||–||Knicks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||113-99 BOS|
|12/6/2018||–||Celtics||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||128-100 BOS|
|11/21/2018||–||Celtics||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||117-109 NY|
|10/20/2018||–||Knicks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||103-101 BOS|
|2/24/2018||–||Knicks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||121-112 BOS|
|1/31/2018||–||Celtics||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||103-73 BOS|
|12/21/2017||–||Knicks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||102-93 NY|
- 12/1/2019 DNP – Celtics: Gordon Hayward; Knicks: Marcus Morris, Elfrid Payton
- 11/1/2019 DNP – Celtics: Jaylen Brown; Knicks: Elfrid Payton
- Boston and its opponents have hit the over on Sunday’s 212.5 total in 55 out of 11 games (500%) this season.
- In four out of New York’s 13 games this season (30.8%), the competing teams combined for a higher point total than the point total in Sunday’s matchup.
- The Celtics have seen a 223.9 average over/under in their games this season, 11.4 points more than the over/under in this matchup.
- A difference of 5.2 points separates this contest’s over/under (212.5 points) and the average total points bet in Knicks’ games (207.3 points) this season.
- The Celtics’ average implied point total this season is 2.5 more points than their implied total in Sunday’s game (112.5 implied points on average compared to 110 implied points in this game).
- Boston has scored more than its implied point total for this matchup (110) 54 times this season.
- The 110.6-point average implied total on the season for the Knicks is 8.6 more points than the team’s 102-point implied total in this matchup.
- This season, New York has scored more than this game’s implied total of 102 points seven times.
- The Celtics are at the ninth spot in the NBA’s scoring charts (114 PPG), while the Knicks allow the fifth-fewest points per game (106.3) in the league.
- The Celtics have out-scored their opponents by a total of 45 points this season (4.1 points per game on average), and opponents of the Knicks have out-scored them by 69 more points on the year (5.3 per game).
- The Celtics scoring leader is Tatum, who puts up 26.9 points per game.
- Tatum’s points prop over/under for the game is set at 25.5, 1.4 points lower than his season average of 26.9.
- Boston is led in rebounding by Tristan Thompson’s 8.8 rebounds per game and assisting by Marcus Smart’s 6.0 assists per game .
- Smart’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 23.5, 2.4 higher than his season average of 21.1.
- Tatum is the top three-point shooter for the Celtics, hitting 3.5 per game.
- Tatum’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 3.5, equal to his season average of 3.5.
- Boston’s steals leader is Jeff Teague, who grabs 1.7 per game. Robert Williams III leads the team averaging 1.5 blocks an outing.
- Williams’ blocks prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, equal to his season average of 1.5.
- Randle leads the Knicks with 23.2 points per game, 10.5 rebounds per game, and 6.7 assists per game.
- Randle’s rebounding prop over/under for the game is set at 11.5 boards, 1.0 rebound greater than his season average of 10.5.
- Austin Rivers leads the Knicks in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 2.2 made threes per game.
- Rivers’ three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.7 shots less than his season average of 2.2.
- One New York player is its leader in both steals and blocks. Mitchell Robinson averages 1.6 steals per game and 1.8 blocks per game.
- Robinson’s blocks prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.3 blocks lower than his season average of 1.8.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from