The Atlanta Hawks (11-16) are underdogs as they attempt to turn around a four-game losing streak when they visit the Boston Celtics (14-12) on Wednesday, February 17 at TD Garden. The matchup airs at 7:30 PM ET on NBCS-BOS. The matchup has an over/under of points.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from William Hill Sportsbook as of February 17, 2021, 1:25 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Celtics vs Hawks Betting Odds
Celtics vs Hawks Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of February 17
Marcus Smart: Out (Calf),
Kemba Walker: Out (Rest),
Romeo Langford: Out (Right wrist),
Daniel Theis: Out (Finger)
Rajon Rondo: Out (Back),
Kris Dunn: Out (Right ankle),
Bogdan Bogdanovic: Out (Knee),
De’Andre Hunter: Out (Right Knee)
Celtics and Hawks Records ATS
- Boston is over .500 against the spread this season with a record of 14-12.
- When favored by at least 2 points, the Celtics are 8-6 against the spread this season.
- 13 of 26 Boston games this season (50%) resulted in a total more than the contest’s over/under.
- Atlanta has a 13-14 record ATS this season.
- When they play as at least a 2-point underdog, the Hawks tend to cover the spread with a 7-6 record against the spread.
- 40.7% of Atlanta’s 27 games this season have reached the over/under.
- Boston’s games this year have resulted in a higher total score than Wednesday’s matchup total (223 points) in 13 out of 26 opportunities (50% of matchups).
- In 48.1% of Atlanta’s games this season (13 of 27), the total points scored was greater than Wednesday’s 223-point over/under.
- This season the average total for Celtics games is 219.5 points, 3.5 fewer than the over/under of 223 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this contest is 2.6 points fewer than the average over/under in Hawks’ games this season (225.6 points).
- The Celtics have an average implied point total of 112.6 this season, which is 0.4 points lower than their implied total in Wednesday’s game (113).
- This season, Boston has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (113) 11 times.
- The Hawks’ average implied point total on the season (117 points) is six points higher than their implied total in this matchup (111 points).
- This season, Atlanta has scored more than this game’s implied total of 111 points 17 times.
- The Celtics are the NBA’s 22nd-highest scoring team (110.5 PPG), while the Hawks allow their opponents the 17th-fewest points per game (112.8) in the league.
- The Celtics have totaled 38 more points than their opponents this season (1.5 per game on average), while the Hawks have been out-scored by one total points (zero per game average differential).
- Jaylen Brown leads the Celtics scoring 26.0 points per game.
- Brown’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 32.5, 2.6 lower than his season average of 35.1.
- Marcus Smart leads Boston with 6.1 assists per game and Tristan Thompson paces the squad with 8.4 rebounds per outing.
- Smart’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 20.5, 1.4 less than his season average of 21.9.
- The Celtics are led by Jayson Tatum from long distance. He makes 2.7 shots from deep per game.
- Tatum’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 3.5, 0.8 shots higher than his season average of 2.7.
- Smart leads the team with 1.8 steals per game. Tacko Fall collects 1.3 blocks a game to pace Boston.
- Smart’s steals prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.3 steals less than his season average of 1.8.
- Trae Young’s strong showing this season give him the top spot on the Hawks scoring and assists leaderboards with 25.9 points per game and 9.3 assists per game.
- Young’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 39.5, 0.4 higher than his season average of 39.1.
- Clint Capela collects all of the boards and is the Atlanta leader in rebounds, grabbing 14.0 per game.
- Capela’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 25.5, 3.4 less than his season average of 28.9.
- Bogdan Bogdanovic leads the Hawks in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 2.3 made threes per game.
- Bogdanovic’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 0.2 shots higher than his season average of 2.3.
- Nobody on Atlanta grabs more steals than Kevin Huerter (1.2 per game) or blocks more shots than Capela (2.2 per game).
- Huerter’s steals prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.3 steals higher than his season average of 1.2.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from