The Boston Celtics (2-2) are favored by against the Memphis Grizzlies (1-2) on Wednesday, December 30, 2020 at 7:30 PM ET. The matchup airs on NBCS-BOS.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from FanDuel Sportsbook as of December 30, 2020, 12:41 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Celtics vs Grizzlies Betting Odds
Celtics vs Grizzlies Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of December 30
Celtics: Romeo Langford: Out (Right wrist), Tacko Fall: Out (Eye), Kemba Walker: Out (Left knee)
Grizzlies: Xavier Tillman: Out (Patellar Tendinitis), Jontay Porter: Out (Knee), Justise Winslow: Out (Hip), Ja Morant: Out (Ankle), Jaren Jackson Jr.: Out (Knee), De’Anthony Melton: Out (Health protocols), Killian Tillie: Out (Hamstring)
Celtics and Grizzlies Records ATS
- Boston went over .500 against the spread last season with a record of 50-34-5.
- The Celtics had a winning record against the spread when favored by 9 points or more, going 7-6 last season.
- In 49.4% of its games last season (44/89), Boston and its opponents outscored the set over/under.
- Memphis routinely covered the spread last season with a record of 37-36-1.
- The Grizzlies were at least a 9-point underdog third times last season, where they had a record of 1-1 against the spread.
- Memphis and its opponents typically did not cover the total points bet last season, only claiming the over in 47.3% (35) of their 74 games played.
Head to Head
In the last matchup between the teams on Tuesday, the Celtics knocked off the Grizzlies 122-107. Jayson Tatum led the Celtics with 29 points, and Ja Morant paced the Grizzlies with 26. The Celtics covered the spread as 4.5-point favorites, and the teams put up a total of 229 total points to hit the over on the 228.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|8/11/2020||Celtics||Grizzlies||-4.5||228.5||-180||148||Regular Season||122-107 BOS*|
|1/22/2020||Celtics||Celtics||-7||233||-290||236||Regular Season||119-95 BOS*|
|1/18/2019||–||Celtics||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||122-116 BOS|
|12/29/2018||–||Grizzlies||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||112-103 BOS|
|2/26/2018||–||Celtics||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||109-98 BOS|
|12/16/2017||–||Grizzlies||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||102-93 BOS|
|12/27/2016||–||Celtics||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||113-103 BOS|
|12/20/2016||–||Grizzlies||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||112-109 BOS|
|3/9/2016||–||Celtics||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||116-96 BOS|
|1/10/2016||–||Grizzlies||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||101-98 MEM|
- 8/11/2020 DNP – Grizzlies: Jaren Jackson Jr.
- 1/22/2020 DNP – Celtics: Jaylen Brown
- Last season, the Celtics were at the ninth spot in the NBA’s scoring charts (112.8 PPG), while the Grizzlies allowed the 21st-fewest points per game (113.9) in the league.
- The Celtics totaled 539 more points than their opponents last season (six per game on average), while the Grizzlies were out-scored by 82 total points (1.1 per game average differential).
- Tatum scored 23.4 points per game last season.
- Jeff Teague dished out 6.1 assists per game and Tristan Thompson grabbed 10.1 rebounds per contest.
- Marcus Smart grabbed 1.7 steals per game. Daniel Theis collected 1.3 blocks a contest.
- Morant averaged 17.8 points per game last season while also adding 7.3 assists.
- Jonas Valanciunas grabed 11.3 rebounds per game.
- De’Anthony Melton nicked 1.3 steals per game. Jaren Jackson Jr. collected 1.6 blocks a contest.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from