The Portland Trail Blazers (18-26) play the Boston Celtics (23-23) at TD Garden on January 21, 2022. The Celtics (on the spread, on the moneyline) take on the Trail Blazers on Friday at 7:30 PM ET. The matchup has a point total of .
The insights in the article below are based off odds valid as of January 21, 2022 at 5:10 PM ET. Keep scrolling for a look at all of the latest odds for this outing and get up to $1,000 Risk Free Bet at FanDuel today!
Celtics vs Trail Blazers Betting Odds
Celtics Vs. Trail Blazers Player Props
Injury Report as of January 21
PJ Dozier: Out (ACL),
Bol Bol: Out (Foot),
Aaron Nesmith: Day To Day (Ankle),
Marcus Smart: Day To Day (Reconditioning)
Larry Nance Jr.: Out (Knee),
Norman Powell: Out (Personal),
Dennis Smith Jr.: Day To Day (Ankle),
Damian Lillard: Out (Abdominal),
Cody Zeller: Out (Knee),
Nassir Little: Day To Day (Knee)
|Celtics Offense||Stats (Rank)||Trail Blazers Defense|
|107.5 (18)||Points/Gm||112.3 (25)|
|10.2 (29)||Possessions/Game||31 (28)|
|44.6 (22)||Field Goal %||47.6 (30)|
|33.7 (24)||3PT %||37.4 (30)|
|51.6 (23)||Effective FG %||55.4 (30)|
|55.5 (17)||True Shooting %||58.5 (30)|
|Trail Blazers Offense||Stats (Rank)||Celtics Defense|
|108.3 (15)||Points/Gm||105.8 (8)|
|31 (3)||Possessions/Game||10.2 (2)|
|44.6 (22)||Field Goal %||44.1 (6)|
|35.2 (13)||3PT %||34.5 (12)|
|52.3 (16)||Effective FG %||51.1 (6)|
|55.9 (16)||True Shooting %||54.6 (8)|
Celtics and Trail Blazers Betting Records
- Boston has won 21 games against the spread this season, while failing to cover or pushing 25 times.
- The Celtics have covered the spread once this season (1-3 ATS) when playing as at least 8-point favorites.
- A total of 20 out of Boston’s 46 games this season have gone over the point total.
- Portland has put together a 17-26-1 ATS record so far this year.
- The Trail Blazers have covered the spread twice this season (2-2 ATS) when playing as at least 8-point underdogs.
- In Portland’s 44 chances this year, the combined scoring has gone over the point total 21 times.
Head to Head
Dennis Schroder (31 points) led the Celtics over CJ McCollum (24 points) and the Trail Blazers in their last matchup on December 4, 2021. The Trail Blazers were favored by 1 point in the game, but the Celtics covered the spread. The 262 total points in the matchup went over the 212-point over/under.
|12/4/2021||Trail Blazers||Trail Blazers||-1||212||145-117 BOS*|
- 12/4/2021 DNP – Celtics: Al Horford; Trail Blazers: Anfernee Simons, Nassir Little
- The Celtics scoring leader is Jayson Tatum, who averages 25.2 points per game.
- Robert Williams III paces Boston with 9.3 rebounds per game and Marcus Smart leads the squad with 5.3 assists per contest.
- Tatum is the top three-point shooter for the Celtics, hitting 2.6 per game.
- Smart leads the team with 1.9 steals per game. Williams collects 2.1 blocks a game to pace Boston.
Trail Blazers Leaders
- Norman Powell outpaced his teammates on the Trail Blazers scoring front by putting up 18.6 points per game. He adds 2.9 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game this season.
- When it comes to Portland leaders in rebounds and assists, the team has two players at the top: Jusuf Nurkic with 10.7 rebounds per game and Anfernee Simons with 3.4 assists per game.
- Simons leads the Trail Blazers in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 2.6 made threes per game.
- Robert Covington is a defensive force for Portland, leading the team in both steals (1.5 per game) and blocks (1.2 per game).