The Houston Rockets (13-34) are underdogs against the Boston Celtics (23-25) at TD Garden on Friday, April 2. The game starts at 7:30 PM ET on NBCS-BOS. The over/under is in the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of April 2, 2021, 6:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Celtics vs Rockets Betting Odds
Celtics vs Rockets Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of April 2
Tristan Thompson: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Semi Ojeleye: Out (Side)
David Nwaba: Day To Day (Wrist),
Dante Exum: Out (Calf),
Eric Gordon: Out (Groin),
John Wall: Day To Day (Knee)
Celtics and Rockets Records ATS
- Boston is under .500 against the spread this season with a record of 22-26
- The Celtics are 1-0 against the spread in 2020-21 when they are at least a 9.5-point favorite.
- Boston and its opponents have outscored the set over/under in 52.1% of its games this season (25/48).
- Houston holds a losing record ATS this season with 15 wins, 31 losses, and one tie ATS.
- 28 of Houston’s 47 games (59.6%) this season have fallen short of the over/under.
Head to Head
In their last meeting, the Celtics knocked off the Rockets 134-107. Jaylen Brown led the Celtics with 24 points, and Victor Oladipo paced the Rockets with 26. The Celtics covered the spread as 11-point favorites, and the teams combined to score 241 total points to go over the 221.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|3/14/2021||Celtics||Rockets||-11||221.5||-590||429||Regular Season||134-107 BOS|
- Boston and its opponents have hit the over on Friday’s 224 total in 27 out of 48 games (56.2%) this season.
- In Houston’s games this season, the competing teams combined for a higher point total than Friday’s matchup over/under in 19 out of 47 matchups (40.4%).
- This season the average total for Celtics games is 223.5 points, 0.5 fewer than the over/under of 224 points for this contest.
- A difference of 3.1 points separates this game’s over/under (224 points) and the average total points bet in Rockets’ games (220.9 points) this season.
- The Celtics’ average implied point total this season is 3.5 fewer points than their implied total in Friday’s game (113.5 implied points on average compared to 117 implied points in this game).
- This season, Boston has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (117) 17 times.
- The Rockets’ average implied point total on the season (115 points) is eight points higher than their implied total in this matchup (107 points).
- Houston has scored more than 107 points in 23 games this season.
- The Celtics are the NBA’s 16th-highest scoring team (112.2 PPG), while the Rockets allow their opponents the 22nd-fewest points per game (113.6) in the league.
- The Celtics have out-scored their opponents by a total of 43 points this season (0.9 points per game on average), and opponents of the Rockets have out-scored them by 295 more points on the year (6.3 per game).
- Jayson Tatum leads the Celtics scoring 25.3 points per game.
- Tatum’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 37.5, 1.0 higher than his season average of 36.5.
- Tristan Thompson paces Boston with 8.4 rebounds a game and Marcus Smart leads the team with 5.4 assists per contest.
- Smart’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 23.5, 1.9 greater than his season average of 21.6.
- Kemba Walker is the top three-point shooter for the Celtics, hitting 2.8 per game.
- Walker’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 0.3 shots lower than his season average of 2.8.
- Smart leads the team with 1.4 steals per game. Robert Williams III collects 1.9 blocks a contest to pace Boston.
- Williams’ blocks prop over/under for the contest is set at 3.5, 1.6 blocks higher than his season average of 1.9.
- Christian Wood leads the team in both scoring (21.2 points per game) and rebounding (9.7 rebounds per game).
- Wood’s points prop total for the game is set at 19.5, 1.7 points less than his season average of 21.2.
- John Wall has the title of Houston assist leader, dishing out 6.8 assists per game this season.
- Wall’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 32.5, 2.2 higher than his season average of 30.3.
- Eric Gordon makes more threes per game than any other member of the Rockets, averaging 2.6 treys per game.
- Gordon’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.1 shots less than his season average of 2.6.
- Jae’Sean Tate is at the top of Houston’s steals hierarchy with 1.1 steals per game and Wood leads the squad in blocks with 1.5 per game.
- Tate’s steals prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.4 steals greater than his season average of 1.1.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from