The New Orleans Pelicans (20-25) visit the Boston Celtics (23-23) as underdogs after Zion Williamson scored 38 points in the Pelicans’ 112-103 victory over the Mavericks. The matchup airs on NBA TV at 7:30 PM ET on Monday, March 29. The point total for the matchup is set at .
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of March 29, 2021, 12:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Celtics vs Pelicans Betting Odds
Celtics vs Pelicans Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of March 29
Evan Fournier: Day To Day (Health protocols),
Romeo Langford: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Tristan Thompson: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Semi Ojeleye: Out (Side)
Lonzo Ball: Day To Day (Hip),
Jaxson Hayes: Day To Day (Wrist)
Celtics and Pelicans Records ATS
- Boston is under .500 against the spread this season with a record of 22-24
- The Celtics have an even record against the spread when favored by at least 4 points, going 9-9 this season.
- Boston and its opponents have hit the over in 25 of 46 games this season (54.3%).
- New Orleans has a 21-23 record against the spread this season.
- When they play as at least a 4-point underdog, the Pelicans frequently have trouble covering with only a 6-8 record against the spread.
- New Orleans and its opponents have typically hit the over this season, doing so in 63.6% (28) of its 44 games played.
Head to Head
The Pelicans defeated the Celtics 120-115 in the last meeting between the teams on February 21, 2021. Jayson Tatum scored 32 points to pace the Celtics, and Brandon Ingram scored 33 points for the Pelicans. The Pelicans covered the spread as 2-point underdogs, and the teams combined to score 235 total points to go over the 230-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/21/2021||Celtics||Pelicans||-2||230||-131||108||Regular Season||120-115 NO|
- Boston’s games this year have gone over the point total for Monday’s matchup point total (230.5 points) in 32.6% of opportunities (15 out of 46 matchups).
- In New Orleans’ games this season, the competing teams combined for a higher point total than Monday’s matchup total in 23 out of 45 matchups (51.1%).
- On average, the over/under in Celtics games is 6.9 points fewer than the over/under of 230.5 points in this contest.
- A difference of 0.4 points separates this game’s over/under (230.5 points) and the average total points bet in Pelicans’ games (230.1 points) this season.
- The Celtics have an average implied point total of 113.5 this season, which is 3.5 points lower than their implied total in Monday’s game (117).
- Boston has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (117) 17 times.
- The 115.8-point average implied total on the season for the Pelicans is 2.8 more points than the team’s 113-point implied total in this matchup.
- New Orleans has scored more than 113 points in 28 games this season.
- The Celtics are at the 16th spot in the NBA’s scoring charts (112.4 PPG), while the Pelicans allow the 25th-fewest points per game (114.8) in the league.
- The Celtics have totaled 54 more points than their opponents this season (1.2 per game on average), and the Pelicans have scored 23 more points than their opponents (0.6 per game).
- The Celtics scoring leader is Tatum, who puts up 25.1 points per game.
- Tatum’s points prop over/under for the game is set at 33.5, 8.4 points greater than his season average of 25.1.
- Marcus Smart leads Boston with 5.4 assists a game and Tristan Thompson paces the squad with 8.4 rebounds per outing.
- Smart’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 26.5, 5.2 higher than his season average of 21.3.
- Kemba Walker is the top three-point shooter for the Celtics, connecting on 2.9 per game.
- Walker’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 0.4 shots lower than his season average of 2.9.
- Boston’s blocks leader is Robert Williams III, who collects 1.8 per game. Smart leads the team averaging 1.5 steals an outing.
- Smart’s steals prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, equal to his season average of 1.5.
- The Pelicans leader in scoring is Williamson with 26.3 points per game. He also adds 7.0 rebounds per game and 3.5 assists per game.
- Williamson’s points prop total for the game is set at 30.5, 4.2 points greater than his season average of 26.3.
- When it comes to New Orleans leaders in rebounds and assists, the team has two players at the top: Steven Adams with 9.0 rebounds per game and Lonzo Ball with 5.6 assists per game.
- Adams’ rebounding prop over/under for the matchup is listed at 10.5 boards, 1.5 rebounds greater than his season average of 9.0.
- Ball is tops from three-point range for the Pelicans, knocking down 3.0 threes per game.
- Ball’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.5 shots less than his season average of 3.0.
- New Orleans’ Ball has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.3 per game and James Johnson is first in blocks with 0.8 per game.
- Johnson’s blocks prop total for the game is set at 0.5, 0.3 blocks lower than his season average of 0.8.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from