The Orlando Magic (14-27) visit the Boston Celtics (20-20) after losing five straight road games. The Celtics are favored by 8.5 points in the contest, which starts at 3:30 PM ET on Sunday, March 21, 2021. The matchup has an over/under of 216.5 points.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of March 21, 2021, 1:05 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Celtics vs Magic Betting Odds
Celtics vs Magic Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of March 21
Romeo Langford: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Tristan Thompson: Out (Health and Safety Protocols)
Jonathan Isaac: Out For Season (Knee),
James Ennis III: Day To Day (Calf),
Cole Anthony: Out (Rib),
Markelle Fultz: Out For Season (Knee),
Terrence Ross: Out (Knee),
Michael Carter-Williams: Day To Day (Illness)
Celtics and Magic Records ATS
- Boston is under .500 against the spread this season with a record of 18-22
- The Celtics have a losing record against the spread when favored by at least 8.5 points, going 1-2 this season.
- Boston and its opponents have outscored the set over/under in 55% of its games this season (22/40).
- Orlando has played as expected this season with an even 20-20-1 record ATS.
- 21 of Orlando’s 41 games (51.2%) this season have fallen short of the over/under.
Head to Head
Jaylen Brown scored a team-high 21 points to help lead the Celtics past Aaron Gordon (17 points) and the Magic 124-97 in their last matchup on January 15, 2021. The Celtics were favored by 4 points in the game and covered the spread in the win. The teams put up a total of 221 total points to cover the 213.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/15/2021||Celtics||Celtics||-4||213.5||-176||144||Regular Season||124-97 BOS|
- Boston’s games this season have gone over the point total for Sunday’s matchup total (216.5 points) in 75% of opportunities (30 out of 40 matchups).
- In Orlando’s games this season, the competing teams combined for a higher point total than Sunday’s matchup total in 21 out of 41 matchups (51.2%).
- The Celtics have seen a 223.2 average over/under in their games this season, 6.7 points more than the over/under in this contest.
- Magic’s games have an over/under of 216 points this season, 0.5 points fewer than the total points bet for this contest.
- The Celtics have an average implied point total of 113.2 this season, which is 0.2 points higher than their implied total in Sunday’s game (113).
- Boston has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (113) 18 times.
- The Magic’s average implied point total on the season (112 points) is eight points higher than their implied total in this matchup (104 points).
- Orlando has scored more than 104 points 21 times this season.
- The Celtics are at the 19th spot in the NBA’s scoring charts (111.9 PPG), while the Magic allow the 12th-fewest points per game (111.3) in the league.
- The Celtics have totaled 27 more points than their opponents this season (0.7 per game on average), while the Magic have been out-scored by 270 total points (6.6 per game average differential).
- Jayson Tatum leads the Celtics scoring 25.0 points per game.
- Marcus Smart leads Boston with 5.3 assists a game and Tristan Thompson paces the squad with 8.4 rebounds per outing.
- Kemba Walker is the top three-point shooter for the Celtics, hitting 2.8 per game.
- Smart leads the team with 1.6 steals per game. Robert Williams III collects 1.8 blocks a game to pace Boston.
- Nikola Vucevic holds the top Magic spot in two categories: scoring (24.7 points per game) and rebounding (11.8 rebounds per game).
- The Orlando leader in assists is Michael Carter-Williams with 4.3 assists per game.
- Evan Fournier leads the Magic in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 2.7 made threes per game.
- Orlando’s Terrence Ross has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.1 per game and Mohamed Bamba is first in blocks with 0.9 per game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from