Atlantic Division opponents meet when the Boston Celtics (25-26) host the New York Knicks (25-26) at TD Garden, beginning at 7:30 PM ET on Wednesday, April 7. The Knicks are underdogs in the game, the second matchup between the squads this season. The matchup’s over/under is .
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of April 7, 2021, 6:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Celtics vs Knicks Betting Odds
Celtics vs Knicks Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of April 7
Evan Fournier: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Tristan Thompson: Out (Health and Safety Protocols)
Mitchell Robinson: Out (Ankle)
Celtics and Knicks Records ATS
- Boston has covered the spread in less than half its games this season, putting together a record of 24-27 against the spread.
- The Celtics are 12-9 against the spread in 2020-21 when they are at least a 3.5-point favorite.
- Boston and its opponents have gone over the set total in only 25 of 51 games this season (49%).
- New York has outperformed the spread so far this season with a record of 30-21.
- The Knicks hold an even 2-2 record against the spread this season when they play as at least a 3.5-point underdog.
- 37.3% of New York’s 51 games this season have reached the over/under.
Head to Head
The Knicks got a team-high 20 points from Julius Randle on the way to a 105-75 win against Jaylen Brown (25 points) and the Celtics in their last matchup on January 17, 2021. The Celtics were 7-point favorites in the game, but the Knicks covered the spread in the loss. The teams combined to score 180 total points to fall short of the 210-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/17/2021||Celtics||Celtics||-7||210||-284||227||Regular Season||105-75 NY|
- In Boston’s matchups this season, the Celtics and their opponents have eclipsed Wednesday’s over/under of 214.5 points 38 times (74.5% of opportunities).
- In 18 out of New York’s 51 games this year (35.3%), the competing teams combined for a higher point total than the total in Wednesday’s matchup.
- On average, the Celtics have seen a 222.6 over/under in their games this season, 8.1 more points than the over/under in this contest.
- Knicks’ games have an over/under of 209.1 points this season, 5.4 points fewer than the total points bet for this contest.
- The average implied total for the Celtics this season is 113.5 points, 4.5 more points than their implied total of 109 points in Wednesday’s game.
- Boston has outscored its implied point total for this matchup (109) 36 times this season.
- The Knicks’ average implied point total on the season (109.6 points) is 3.6 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (106 points).
- This season, New York has scored more than this game’s implied total of 106 points 25 times.
- The Celtics are the league’s 16th-highest scoring team (112.1 PPG), while the Knicks allow the fewest points per game (104.1) in NBA action.
- The Celtics have out-scored their opponents by a total of 79 points this season (1.6 points per game on average), and the Knicks have put up 44 more points than their opponents on the year (0.9 per game).
- The Celtics scoring leader is Jayson Tatum, who contributes 25.1 points per game.
- Tatum’s points prop total for the contest is set at 27.5, 2.4 points greater than his season average of 25.1.
- Tristan Thompson paces Boston with 8.4 rebounds a game and Marcus Smart leads the team with 5.4 assists per matchup.
- Smart’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 23.5, 2.2 greater than his season average of 21.3.
- Kemba Walker makes 2.8 threes per game to lead the Celtics.
- Walker’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 0.3 shots less than his season average of 2.8.
- Smart leads the team with 1.5 steals per game. Robert Williams III collects 1.8 blocks an outing to pace Boston.
- Smart’s steals prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, equal to his season average of 1.5.
- Randle leads the Knicks with 22.9 points per game, 10.8 rebounds per game, and 6.0 assists per game.
- Randle’s points prop total for the contest is set at 21.5, 1.4 points lower than his season average of 22.9.
- Reggie Bullock makes more threes per game than any other member of the Knicks, averaging 2.2 treys per game.
- Bullock’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 0.3 shots higher than his season average of 2.2.
- Mitchell Robinson is at the top of New York’s steals hierarchy with 1.2 steals per game and Nerlens Noel leads the squad in blocks with 2.0 per game.
- Noel’s blocks prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.5 blocks lower than his season average of 2.0.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from