The Cleveland Cavaliers (14-25) are underdogs as they attempt to break a four-game losing streak when they host the Boston Celtics (20-18) on Wednesday, March 17 at Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse. The contest airs at 8:00 PM ET on FS-OH. The point total is in the matchup.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of March 17, 2021, 12:05 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Celtics vs Cavaliers Betting Odds
Celtics vs Cavaliers Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of March 17
Romeo Langford: Day To Day (Health and Safety Protocols),
Tristan Thompson: Day To Day (Health and Safety Protocols)
Andre Drummond: Out (Not with team),
Taurean Prince: Day To Day (Shoulder),
Kevin Love: Day To Day (Calf),
Matthew Dellavedova: Out (Appendicitis)
Celtics and Cavaliers Records ATS
- Boston is under .500 against the spread this season with a record of 18-20
- When favored by at least 8.5 points, the Celtics are 1-2 against the spread in 2020-21.
- Boston and its opponents have outscored the set over/under in 55.3% of its games this season (21/38).
- Cleveland has a 15-24 record against the spread this season.
- Cleveland and its opponents have regularly been held under the total points bet this season, only reaching the over in 35.9% (14) of their 39 games played.
Head to Head
Jaylen Brown (33 points) led the Celtics over Collin Sexton (13 points) and the Cavaliers 141-103 in their last matchup on January 24, 2021. The Celtics were favored by 6 points in the game, and covered the spread. The 244 total points in the matchup went over the 212.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/24/2021||Celtics||Celtics||-6||212.5||-231||189||Regular Season||141-103 BOS|
- Boston and its opponents have hit the over on Wednesday’s 214 total in 31 out of 38 games (81.6%) this year.
- In Cleveland’s games this season, the competing teams added up to a higher point total than Wednesday’s matchup total in 21 out of 39 matchups (53.8%).
- This season, the average total for Celtics games is 223.6 points, 9.6 more than the over/under of 214 points for this contest.
- The over/under for this matchup is 1.1 points fewer than the average over/under in Cavaliers’ games this season (215.1 points).
- The Celtics’ average implied point total this season is 2.2 more points than their implied total in Wednesday’s game (113.2 implied points on average compared to 111 implied points in this game).
- Boston has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (111) 23 times.
- The Cavaliers’ average implied point total on the season (112.4 points) is 9.4 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (103 points).
- Cleveland has scored more than 103 points in 19 games on the season.
- The Celtics are the NBA’s 19th-highest scoring team (112.4 PPG), while the Cavaliers allow their opponents the 16th-fewest points per game (111.9) in the league.
- The Celtics have totaled a total of 45 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 1.2 per game), while the Cavaliers have been out-scored by opponents on average this year (by 336 total points, -8.6 per game).
- Jayson Tatum leads the Celtics scoring 25.2 points per game.
- Tatum’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 35.5, 1.0 less than his season average of 36.5.
- Marcus Smart leads Boston with 5.5 assists a game and Tristan Thompson paces the team with 8.4 rebounds per contest.
- Smart’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 20.5, 0.2 less than his season average of 20.7.
- The Celtics are led by Kemba Walker from beyond the arc. He connects on 2.8 shots from deep per game.
- Walker’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 2.5, 0.3 shots lower than his season average of 2.8.
- Boston’s steals leader is Smart, who collects 1.6 per game. Robert Williams III leads the team averaging 1.7 blocks an outing.
- Smart’s steals prop total for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.1 steals lower than his season average of 1.6.
- Sexton owns the Cavaliers top spot in scoring with 23.6 points per game and also tacks on 2.5 rebounds and 4.2 assists per contest.
- Sexton’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 29.5, 0.8 lower than his season average of 30.3.
- The Cleveland leaders in rebounds and assists are Andre Drummond (13.5 rebounds per game) and Darius Garland (5.8 assists per game).
- Garland’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 20.5, 3.2 less than his season average of 23.7.
- Cedi Osman is tops from three-point range for the Cavaliers, knocking down 1.9 threes per game.
- Osman’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 0.4 shots lower than his season average of 1.9.
- Larry Nance Jr. is at the top of Cleveland’s steals hierarchy with 1.8 steals per game and Jarrett Allen leads the squad in blocks with 1.7 per game.
- Nance’s steals prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.3 steals lower than his season average of 1.8.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from