The Oklahoma City Thunder (20-31) are underdogs as they try to break a four-game losing streak when they host the Cleveland Cavaliers (18-32) on Thursday, April 8 at Chesapeake Energy Arena. The game airs at 8:00 PM ET on BSOK. The matchup has a point total of .
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from FanDuel Sportsbook as of April 8, 2021, 12:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Cavaliers vs Thunder Betting Odds
Cavaliers vs Thunder Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of April 8
Jarrett Allen: Out (Concussion),
Larry Nance Jr.: Out (Illness),
Dylan Windler: Day To Day (Knee)
Luguentz Dort: Out (Concussion Protocol),
Isaiah Roby: Out (Concussion),
Josh Hall: Out (Concussion-like symptoms),
Darius Miller: Out (Groin),
Mike Muscala: Out (Ankle),
Darius Bazley: Out (Shoulder),
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander: Out (Foot)
Cavaliers and Thunder Records ATS
- Cleveland is under .500 against the spread this season with a record of 20-30
- Only 22 of 50 Cleveland games this season (44%) resulted in a total greater than the contest’s over/under.
- Oklahoma City holds a losing record ATS this season with 24 wins, 26 losses, and one tie ATS.
- Oklahoma City and its opponents have typically hit the over this season, doing so in 51% (26) of its 51 games played.
Head to Head
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander (31 points) led the Thunder past Collin Sexton (27 points) and the Cavaliers 117-101 in their last matchup on February 21, 2021. The Thunder were favored by 3 points in the game, and covered the spread. The 218 total points in the matchup went under the 219.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/21/2021||Thunder||Cavaliers||-3||219.5||-149||123||Regular Season||117-101 OKC|
- Cleveland and its opponents have gone over Thursday’s 213.5 total in 27 out of 50 games (54%) this season.
- In 68.6% of Oklahoma City’s games this season (35 of 51), the total points scored was more than Thursday’s 213.5-point over/under.
- On average, the Cavaliers have seen a 214.2 over/under in their games this season, 0.7 more points than the over/under in this matchup.
- Thunder’s games have a total points bet of 219.2 points this season, 5.7 points more than the over/under for this contest.
- The average implied total for the Cavaliers this season is 112.2 points, 2.2 more points than their implied total of 110 points in Thursday’s game.
- Cleveland has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (110) 17 times.
- The Thunder’s average implied point total on the season (113.8 points) is 9.8 points higher than their implied total in this matchup (104 points).
- This season, Oklahoma City has scored more than this game’s implied total of 104 points 29 times.
- The Cavaliers are at the bottom of the NBA’s scoring charts (103.1 PPG), while the Thunder allow the 20th-fewest points per game (113.5) in the league.
- The Cavaliers have been out-scored by 394 points this season (7.9 points per game on average), and opponents of the Thunder have out-scored them by 397 more points on the year (7.8 per game).
- Sexton leads the Cavaliers in scoring, putting up 23.9 points per game.
- Sexton’s points prop total for the game is set at 23.5, 0.4 points less than his season average of 23.9.
- Jarrett Allen paces Cleveland with 9.9 rebounds per game and Darius Garland leads the team with 5.9 assists per outing.
- Allen’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 26.5, 1.8 higher than his season average of 24.7.
- Garland is the top three-point shooter for the Cavaliers, hitting 1.8 per game.
- Garland’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 2.5, 0.7 shots higher than his season average of 1.8.
- Cleveland’s blocks leader is Allen, who averages 1.7 per game. Larry Nance Jr. leads the team averaging 1.8 steals a game.
- Allen’s blocks prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.2 blocks lower than his season average of 1.7.
- The Thunder go-to guy, Gilgeous-Alexander, leads the team in both scoring (23.7 points per game) and assists (5.9 assists per game).
- Gilgeous-Alexander’s points prop over/under for the game is set at 20.5, 3.2 points less than his season average of 23.7.
- When it comes to rebounds, Moses Brown is the Oklahoma City leader with 8.3 per game.
- Brown’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 36.5, 19.5 higher than his season average of 17.0.
- Luguentz Dort makes more threes per game than any other member of the Thunder, cashing in 2.0 treys per game.
- Dort’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 2.5, 0.5 shots higher than his season average of 2.0.
- Oklahoma City’s Theo Maledon has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 0.9 per game and Brown is first in blocks with 1.2 per game.
- Brown’s blocks prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 0.3 blocks higher than his season average of 1.2.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from