The Cleveland Cavaliers (20-36) hit the road in Central Division action against the Detroit Pistons (17-40) on Monday, April 19 at 7:00 PM ET. The Cavaliers are favorites in the game, the third matchup between the teams this season. The over/under for the matchup is .
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of April 19, 2021, 6:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Cavaliers vs Pistons Betting Odds
Cavaliers vs Pistons Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of April 19
Damyean Dotson: Day To Day (Knee),
Dylan Windler: Day To Day (Knee)
Sekou Doumbouya: Out (Neck),
Cory Joseph: Out (Illness),
Rodney McGruder: Out (Elbow),
Dennis Smith Jr.: Out (Knee),
Wayne Ellington: Out (Rest),
Mason Plumlee: Out (Rest),
Jerami Grant: Out (Quad)
Cavaliers and Pistons Records ATS
- Cleveland has covered the spread in less than half its games this season, putting together a record of 23-33 against the spread.
- When favored by at least 2.5 points, the Cavaliers are 1-4 against the spread in 2020-21.
- Cleveland and its opponents have outscored the set over/under in 39.3% of its games this season (22/56).
- Detroit has regularly covered the spread this season with a record of 29-24-2.
- When they play as at least a 2.5-point underdog, the Pistons routinely meet expectations with a 3-1 record against the spread.
- 29 of Detroit’s 55 games (52.7%) this season have fallen short of the over/under.
Head to Head
Collin Sexton scored a team-high 29 points to lead the Cavaliers past Jerami Grant (26 points) and the Pistons 122-107 in their most recent matchup on January 27, 2021. The Cavaliers were favored by 2 points in the game and covered the spread in the win. The teams put up a total of 229 total points to cover the 215-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|1/27/2021||Cavaliers||Cavaliers||-2||215||-130||108||Regular Season||122-107 CLE|
|12/26/2020||Pistons||Pistons||-1.5||214.5||-118||-103||Regular Season||128-119 CLE|
- In Cleveland’s matchups this season, the Cavaliers and their opponents have exceeded Monday’s point total of 213.5 points 31 times (55.4% of opportunities).
- In 33 out of Detroit’s 57 games this season (57.9%), the competing teams combined for more points than the over/under in Monday’s matchup.
- This season, the average total for Cavaliers games is 214.8 points, 1.3 more than the over/under of 213.5 points for this contest.
- Pistons’ games have a total points bet of 219 points this season, 5.5 points more than the over/under for this matchup.
- The Cavaliers’ average implied point total this season is 4.2 more points than their implied total in Monday’s game (112.2 implied points on average compared to 108 implied points in this game).
- Cleveland has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (108) 21 times.
- The average implied point total on the season for the Pistons (112.2) is 6.2 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (106).
- Detroit has scored more than 106 points 32 times this season.
- The Cavaliers are the NBA’s lowest-scoring team (103.8 PPG), while the Pistons allow their opponents the 14th-fewest points per game (111.4) in the league.
- The Cavaliers have been out-scored by 409 points this season (7.3 points per game on average), and opponents of the Pistons have out-scored them by 219 more points on the year (3.8 per game).
- Sexton leads the Cavaliers scoring 24.2 points per game.
- Sexton’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 30.5, 0.6 less than his season average of 31.1.
- Jarrett Allen paces Cleveland with 10.0 rebounds a game and Darius Garland leads the squad with 6.1 assists per outing.
- Garland’s PRA prop total for the game is set at 26.5, 0.9 higher than his season average of 25.6.
- The Cavaliers are led by Kevin Love from long distance. He knocks down 2.1 shots from deep per game.
- Love’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 2.5, 0.4 shots higher than his season average of 2.1.
- Cleveland’s blocks leader is Allen, who collects 1.6 per game. Larry Nance Jr. leads the team averaging 1.8 steals a game.
- Allen’s blocks prop over/under for the contest is set at 0.5, 1.1 blocks lower than his season average of 1.6.
- Grant owns the Pistons top spot in scoring with 22.4 points per game and also tacks on 4.7 rebounds and 2.9 assists per contest.
- Grant’s points prop total for the game is set at 22.5, 0.1 points higher than his season average of 22.4.
- When it comes to Detroit leaders in rebounds and assists, the team has two players at the top: Mason Plumlee with 9.0 rebounds per game and Killian Hayes with 3.9 assists per game.
- Plumlee’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 19.5, 3.2 less than his season average of 22.7.
- Wayne Ellington is tops from three-point range for the Pistons, knocking down 2.5 threes per game.
- Ellington’s three pointers made prop over/under for the game is set at 1.5, 1.0 shot less than his season average of 2.5.
- Cory Joseph is at the top of Detroit’s steals hierarchy with 1.0 steals per game and Grant leads the squad in blocks with 1.1 per game.
- Joseph’s steals prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.5 steals higher than his season average of 1.0.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from