TheLines Reputation and Mission
TheLines is a leading resource for live betting odds and cutting-edge sports betting news and strategy. We provide information to both casual bettors and professional sharps about how and where to find the most value at the online sportsbooks every day.
We seek to help visitors to our site gain the knowledge and awareness to improve their returns every time they place a bet.
What we write about at TheLines
We are always looking for writers who are subject matter experts about the various markets where sports betting exists.
Some of the content we write includes:
- Breaking news
- Opinion pieces
- Longform feature stories
- Tips and strategy for sports betting
- State sports betting guides
- Reviews for the growing number of sportsbooks in the US
- Resources for new sports bettors
Freelance opportunities at TheLines
We need to hire writers who can add value to our content. They need to be able to take developments in the sports world and synthesize them into compelling pieces of writing.
Ideally, a writer at TheLines has a writing or journalism background and experience in sports gambling. At the very least, we’re looking for a writer that has a passion for sports and loves to communicate that passion with others.
Here are some other qualities that writers at TheLines should possess:
- Experience in creating professional, public-facing copy
- Experience in conducting interviews or other interactions with members of the community
- Knowledge or familiarity with current SEO practices
- Punctuality with regard to deadlines
- The ability to create and innovate angles and storylines appropriate for the site’s readers
If this description fits your experience or goals, please let us know. If possible, please provide links to your previous work and your typical pay rate.
Right now, we are seeking subject matter writers for content in the following areas:
- Horse Racing
TheLines is part of the Catena Media US network of sites. Catena Media is already a growing company with opportunities for more growth. We’d love to hear from you!