The winless New York Jets take a four-game losing streak into a matchup against the Arizona Cardinals (2-2) on Sunday, October 11 at MetLife Stadium. Arizona is a seven-point favorite in the contest and the over/under is set at 47.5.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of October 9. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings.com.
- Cardinals games this season average the same amount of points at this game’s over/under (47.5).
- The average total for Jets games is 49 points– 1.5 more than this game’s over/under.
- Cardinals games have gone over 47.5 points twice this season (50% of matchups).
- In one game this season, the Jets have combined with their opponents to go over 47.5 points.
- The two teams average a combined 40.7 points per contest– 6.8 fewer than the total for this matchup.
- The Cardinals are the 22nd-highest scoring team in the league this year. The Jets have scored the 31st-most points.
- These two teams combine to allow 55.8 points per game– 8.3 points more than the total for this matchup.
- Arizona is the league’s ninth-ranked scoring defense while New York is the 30th-ranked.
Cardinals Betting Insights
- Arizona’s games have gone over the point total in one out of four outings this season.
- Arizona has a 2-2 record against the spread this season.
- The Cardinals are 1-0 ATS when favored by at least 6.5 points.
Jets Betting Insights
- New York is 0-4 against the spread so far this year.
- New York’s games have hit the over in three out of four outings this season (75%).
Cardinals vs Jets: Last 5 Meetings
- In the past five meetings, New York has a 4-1 record against Arizona.
- New York has tallied 91 points in the last five meetings while only giving up 79 to Arizona
|Date||Home Team||Total Yards||Result|
|10/17/2016||Cardinals||396-230 ARI||28-3 ARI|
|12/2/2012||Jets||289-137 NYJ||7-6 NYJ|
When the Cardinals Have the Ball
- The Cardinals average 8.3 fewer points per game this season (24.5) than the Jets have allowed (32.8).
- In games where Arizona score at least 24.5 points this season, they are 1-0 overall and 1-0 against the spread.
- New York is 0-2 overall and 0-2 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 32.8 points.
- The Cardinals offense has averaged 370.2 total yards per game this season– 1.4 more yards than the 368.8 the Jets defense has allowed.
- On average, the Cardinals pick up 5.5 yards per play and the Jets give up 5.7.
- When Arizona hits their 2020 average in yardage, they are 2-1 overall and 2-1 against the spread this season.
- When New York allows fewer total yards to opposing offenses than their season average, they are 0-3 against the spread and 0-3 overall this season.
- The Jets have allowed opposing rushing attacks to average 129 yards per game. The Cardinals rush for 144.5 yards per game.
- When Arizona rushers gain at least a combined 144.5 yards this season, they are 2-0 overall and 2-0 against the spread.
- When New York limits opposing teams to 129 rushing yards or fewer this year, they are 0-3 against the spread and 0-3 overall.
- This season, the Jets force an average of 1.5 turnovers per game, equal to the 1.5 times Cardinals have turned the football over in each contest.
- In games where they turn the football over 1.5 times or fewer this season, Arizona is 2-1 overall and 2-1 against the spread.
- New York is 0-2 against the spread and 0-2 overall this season when they force at least 1.5 turnovers in a game.
When the Jets Have the Ball
- The Jets score 6.8 fewer points per game (16.2) than the Cardinals allow (23).
- When New York scores at least 16.2 points, it is 0-2 against the spread and 0-2 overall.
- This season, Arizona has a 1-0 record against the spread and a 1-0 record overall in games when it holds opponents to 24.5 or fewer points.
- The Jets average 84 fewer yards per game (278), than the Cardinals give up per outing (362). The Jets average 4.5 yards per play, while the Cardinals allow 5.7 per play.
- In games Arizona holds its opponents to 362 or fewer yards, it has a 1-1 record ATS and a 1-1 record overall.
- This season, the Jets rack up 98.5 rushing yards per game, 26 fewer per game than the Cardinals allow per outing (124.5).
- When New York rushes for at least 98.5 yards, it recorded a 0-3 ATS record and a 0-3 overall record.
- Arizona is 2-1 against the spread and 2-1 overall when holding opponents to 124.5 rushing yards or less.
- This year, the Jets turn the ball over 1.2 times per game– 0.4 more turnovers per game than the 0.8 the Cardinals force on average.
- New York is 0-2 against the spread and 0-2 overall when it turns the ball over 1.2 or fewer times.
- When it forces 0.8 or more turnovers, Arizona has a 1-1 record against the spread and a 1-1 record overall.
Cardinals Players to Watch
- Kyler Murray has thrown for 919 yards while completing 68.8% of his passes (99-of-144), with seven touchdowns and five interceptions in four games this year (229.8 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 32 times for 265 yards and four touchdowns, averaging 66.3 yards per game.
- Kenyan Drake has 254 yards on 67 carries (63.5 ypg) with one rushing touchdown in four games.
- In his first season with Arizona, DeAndre Hopkins has hauled in 39 passes to lead the team with 397 yards while scoring one touchdown. He has been targeted 46 times and averages 99.3 yards per game over four outings.
- Andy Isabella has added eight catches for 117 yards and two touchdowns over the course of four games. He puts up 29.3 receiving yards per game and has been targeted nine times.
- Dan Arnold has caught nine passes on 12 targets for 97 yards, averaging 24.3 yards per game in 2020.
- Haason Reddick has two sacks, two TFL, and nine tackles over four games.
- This season, Jordan Hicks has recorded 33 tackles and five TFL.
- Patrick Peterson has one interception, seven tackles, and two passes defended four in games this season.
Jets Players to Watch
- Frank Gore has taken 55 carries for a team-leading 174 rushing yards (43.5 yards per game) in his first year with the Jets.
- Jamison Crowder leads the Jets with 219 receiving yards (109.5 ypg) and one touchdown in two games this season.
- Braxton Berrios added 10 catches for 123 yards and two touchdowns in Crowder’s absence. He averages 30.8 yards per game and has been targeted 15 times.
- Chris Hogan has collected 98 yards on 11 passes in 2020, averaging 24.5 yards per game on 23 targets in four contests.
- Marcus Maye has notched two sacks, three TFL, and 28 tackles over four games.
- This year, Bradley McDougald has 28 tackles, a team high.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from