The Arizona Cardinals (6-0) will try to keep their six-game winning streak intact when they face the Houston Texans (1-5) in Week 7. The Texans, on the moneyline to win, and the Cardinals, listed at on the spread, kick things off on October 24, 2021 at 4:25 PM ET on CBS. A point total of points has been set for the contest.
Before making a bet on this game, read this article where we surface the best available odds and dig into everything you need to know about the matchup — including key metrics, injuries, weather, and more.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of October 24, 2021, 4:12 PM ET. See the table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Cardinals Vs. Texans Betting Odds
Cardinals Vs. Texans Player Props
Cardinals Vs. Texans Betting Angles
Cardinals Vs. Texans Weather
State Farm Stadium has a retractable roof, but the weather report for Glendale on Sunday is dry (scattered clouds) and calm (2 mph winds), with a high temperature of 84 degrees Fahrenheit (as of 4:12 PM on October 24).
Cardinals Vs. Texans Injury Report
|Andy Isabella||WR||Gameday Inactive||Out|
|Chris Streveler||QB||Gameday Inactive||Out|
|Deshaun Watson||QB||Non Injury Related (personal)||Out|
|Jimmy Moreland||CB||Gameday Inactive||Out|
|Davion Davis||WR||Gameday Inactive||Out|
|Scottie Phillips||RB||Gameday Inactive||Out|
|Brevin Jordan||TE||Gameday Inactive||Out|
|Jimmy Morrissey||C||Gameday Inactive||Out|
Cardinals Offense Vs. Texans Defense
|Cardinals Offense||Stats (Rank)||Texans Defense|
|32.3 (4)||Points/Gm||28.7 (25)|
|0.49 (1)||Points/Play||0.46 (29)|
|403.0 (7)||Yards/Gm||391.2 (26)|
|290.2 (8)||Pass Yards/Gm||259.8 (15)|
|130.7 (5)||Rush Yards/Gm||141.3 (31)|
|6.1 (7)||Yards/Play||6.2 (28)|
|8.9 (2)||Yards/Pass||8.3 (29)|
|4.2 (14)||Yards/Rush||4.7 (27)|
|43.5% (8)||3rd Down %||40.6% (16)|
|67.9% (9)||Red Zone %||56.5% (13)|
|5 (3)||Turnovers||8 (10)|
|12 (14)||Sacks||10 (25)|
Texans Offense Vs. Cardinals Defense
|Texans Offense||Stats (Rank)||Cardinals Defense|
|15.3 (31)||Points/Gm||18.2 (3)|
|0.26 (31)||Points/Play||0.30 (4)|
|294.3 (29)||Yards/Gm||342.8 (10)|
|221.3 (30)||Pass Yards/Gm||232.2 (6)|
|87.2 (26)||Rush Yards/Gm||128.0 (23)|
|5.0 (28)||Yards/Play||5.6 (15)|
|7.3 (18)||Yards/Pass||6.9 (7)|
|3.3 (31)||Yards/Rush||5.2 (30)|
|44.0% (7)||3rd Down %||31.3% (3)|
|61.5% (18)||Red Zone %||55.6% (11)|
|11 (29)||Turnovers||13 (3)|
|13 (18)||Sacks||16 (5)|
When The Cardinals Have The Ball
- The Cardinals have the first-ranked offense in the NFL in terms of points per play (0.49), and will be up against the 29th-ranked defense in that category, owned by the Texans (0.46).
- Arizona is ranked second in the NFL in yards per pass (8.9), and will be facing Houston’s No. 29-ranked defense in that category (8.3).
- The Texans defense allows 141.3 yards per game on the ground (31st in the league). The Cardinals will be looking to exploit that fact with the No. 5 rushing offense (130.7 per game).
- Arizona’s offense is the seventh-best in the NFL in yards per play (6.1), and Houston’s defense is 28th (6.2).
When The Texans Have The Ball
- The Texans score 15.3 points per game (31st in the NFL), and will be up against a Cardinals defense which ranks third in the league (allowing 18.2 ppg).
- Houston averages 0.26 points per play (31st in the NFL), and Arizona allows 0.30 per play (fourth in the league).
- The Texans have committed the fourth-most turnovers in the league (11), and are playing the third-ranked Cardinals defense which has forced 13.
- Houston averages 221.3 yards through the air per game (30th in the NFL). Arizona ranks sixth, giving up 232.2 passing yards.
Cardinals Betting Trends And Insights
- Arizona is 5-1-0 ATS this season.
- Arizona and its opponents have combined to go over the point total three out of six times this season.
- Arizona and its opponents have gone over 47.5 combined points in five of six games this season.
- The Cardinals have been the moneyline favorite a total of three times this season, and they’ve won each of those games.
Texans Betting Trends And Insights
- Houston has compiled a 3-3-0 record against the spread this year.
- The Texans have been an underdog by 17.5 points or more this season once, and failed to cover the spread.
- Houston’s games have hit the over three out of six times this year.
- Houston and its opponents have combined to score more than 47.5 points twice this season.
- The Texans have won one of the six games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
Cardinals Players To Watch
- Kyler Murray has 1,741 yards through the air (290.2 per game) and a 73.8% completion percentage (144-for-195), heaving 14 touchdown passes and four interceptions. He also has 116 rushing yards on 37 carries (with three touchdowns).
- Chase Edmonds has churned out a team-high 316 rushing yards (52.7 per game) and zero scores. He has added 26 receptions for 163 yards .
- James Conner has 272 rushing yards on 79 attempts, and five touchdowns.
- DeAndre Hopkins has 26 receptions for a team-high 367 yards (61.2 per game) and six touchdowns.
- Christian Kirk has 26 catches for 358 yards (59.7 per game) and three touchdowns.
- A.J. Green is averaging 56.7 yards per game, with 21 catches for 340 yards and three touchdowns.
- Markus Golden has registered a team-leading 4.0 sacks, while adding 2.0 TFL and 16 tackles.
- Jordan Hicks has racked up 42 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 3.0 sacks, and he’s tops on his team in tackles.
- This season Byron Murphy leads the team with three interceptions and has added 20 tackles and seven passes defended.
Texans Players To Watch
- This year, Davis Mills has racked up 912 passing yards (152.0 per game) while completing 88 of 139 passes (63.3%), with five touchdowns and seven interceptions.
- Mark Ingram II has 86 carries for a team-high 285 rushing yards (47.5 per game) and one touchdown.
- Phillip Lindsay has 89 yards on 36 carries (14.8 yards per game), with one rushing touchdown.
- Brandin Cooks has hauled in 40 passes for a team best 481 yards and one touchdown. He has been targeted 57 times, and averages 80.2 yards per game.
- Chris Conley has contributed with 134 yards on seven catches and one touchdown. He has been targeted 12 times and averages 22.3 receiving yards.
- David Johnson has caught 14 passes on 18 targets for 127 yards and one touchdown, averaging 21.2 yards per game.
- This season Jonathan Greenard leads the team with 4.0 sacks and has added 5.0 TFL and 13 tackles.
- Christian Kirksey has racked up 43 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and one interception to lead the team in tackles so far.
- This season Justin Reid leads the team with two interceptions and has added 21 tackles and four passes defended.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from