The New York Mets (11-11) meet the St. Louis Cardinals (16-12) a game after Jeff McNeil had a four-hit outing in an 8-7 win over the Phillies. The Cardinals are () in this matchup with the Mets (), which begins at 7:45 PM ET on Monday. New York has not named a starter while St. Louis is projected to start Adam Wainwright.
The betting insights and predictions in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of May 3, 2021, 2:00 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Cardinals vs Mets Betting Odds
Cardinals Probable Starter Adam Wainwright
- The Cardinals will send Wainwright (0-3) out to make his sixth start of the season. He is 0-3 with a 4.08 ERA and 32 strikeouts through 28 2/3 innings pitched.
- In his most recent appearance on Monday against the Phillies, the righty tossed nine innings, giving up two earned runs while surrendering six hits.
- The opposing Mets offense has the 27th-best slugging percentage (.364) and has hit the fewest home runs (17) in all of MLB. They have a collective .241 batting average, and are last in the league with 170 total hits and last in MLB play scoring 71 runs.
- The Cardinals were the moneyline favorite for three Wainwright starts this season — they lost all of the games.
Starting pitcher projections reflect team information as of May 3, 2021 at 2:09 PM ET and may change up to the start of game.
Mets Stats vs Wainwright (since 2007)
|Albert Almora Jr.||10||.000||0||0||1||.000||.000|
Cardinals Betting Trends
- The Cardinals’ offense is averaging 4.0 runs in home games while scoring 5.3 per game away from Busch Stadium.
- The Cardinals score the eighth-most runs in baseball (132 total, 4.7 per game).
- The Cardinals have compiled a 10-7 record in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 58.8% of those games).
- When playing as a moneyline favorite with odds of -124 or shorter, St. Louis has a 3-3 record (winning 50% of its games).
- St. Louis has played in 28 games with an over/under set, and has combined with their opponents to go over the total 13 times (13-13-2).
- St. Louis played as the moneyline favorite for eight of its last 10 games, and finished 6-2 in those matchups.
Mets Betting Trends
- The Mets are among the lowest scoring teams in the league, ranking last with just 71 total runs (3.2 per game) this season.
- They’ve scored 3.6 runs per game this season on the road while averaging 2.8 at home.
- The Mets have entered the game as underdogs six times this season and won four of those games.
- New York has played as an underdog of +108 or more once this season and lost that game.
- So far this season, New York and its opponents have hit the over in seven of their 22 games with a total.
- In three games as the underdog over the last 10 matchups, New York has a record of 2-1.
Cardinals Players to Watch
- Nolan Arenado leads the Cardinals with 18 runs batted in.
- Arenado ranks sixth in SLG among the qualifying hitters in MLB play.
- Dylan Carlson is hitting .265 with seven doubles, two triples, three home runs and 10 walks.
- Among the qualified batters in MLB play, Carlson’s .469 SLG ranks 19th.
Cardinals Batting Stats (2021)
Mets Players to Watch
- Pete Alonso leads New York in home runs with five and runs batted in with 16.
- Alonso’s SLG and OBP are not among league leaders among qualified hitters in MLB.
- Michael Conforto has collected 19 hits this season and has an OBP of .368. He’s slugging .419 on the year.
- Among qualified hitters, Conforto falls outside the MLB leaders in hits and batting average in the league.
Mets Batting Stats (2021)
Cardinals vs Mets Player Props
Powered By Data Skrive using data from