The No. 14 BYU Cougars (8-2) bring a three-game winning streak into matchup with the Georgia Southern Eagles (3-7). The Eagles,on the moneyline to win, and the Cougars, listed at on the spread, kick things off on November 20, 2021 at 4:00 PM ET. The point total for the game is set at points.
Take a look at this article before you place a bet on this game for the best available odds and everything else you need to know about the contest — from team and player stats to key metrics, betting insights and more.
The betting trends in the article below reference odds valid as of November 20, 2021 at 4:02 PM ET. See below for a table with the latest odds for this matchup and get up to $1,000 Risk Free Bet at FanDuel today!
BYU Vs. Georgia Southern Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
BYU Offense Vs. Georgia Southern Defense
|Cougars Offense||Stats (Rank)||Eagles Defense|
|33.3 (33)||Points/Gm||31.6 (104)|
|451.8 (15)||Yards/Gm||304.5 (12)|
|265.0 (29)||Pass Yards/Gm||217.1 (53)|
|186.8 (37)||Rush Yards/Gm||87.4 (5)|
|8.7 (20)||Yards/Pass||9.3 (123)|
|5.2 (15)||Yards/Rush||4.0 (55)|
|47.9% (11)||3rd Down %||42.3% (102)|
|6 (15)||Turnovers||2 (129)|
|5 (30)||Sacks||8 (66)|
Georgia Southern Offense Vs. BYU Defense
|Georgia Southern Offense||Stats (Rank)||BYU Defense|
|22.3 (108)||Points/Gm||24.3 (56)|
|227.2 (129)||Yards/Gm||391.0 (84)|
|98.0 (128)||Pass Yards/Gm||245.6 (100)|
|129.2 (95)||Rush Yards/Gm||145.4 (65)|
|6.2 (111)||Yards/Pass||7.3 (69)|
|4.2 (71)||Yards/Rush||4.2 (74)|
|34.9% (102)||3rd Down %||41.0% (90)|
|6 (15)||Turnovers||14 (8)|
|10 (86)||Sacks||8 (66)|
When BYU Has The Ball
- The Cougars have committed the 15th-fewest turnovers in college football (6), and are up against the No. 129 team in terms of turnovers forced, the Eagles (2).
- BYU ranks 20th in the FBS at 8.7 yards per pass attempt. Georgia Southern allows 9.3 yards per passing play (123rd in college football).
- The Cougars convert 47.9% of their third downs (11th in college football), while the Eagles’ defense ranks 102nd in that category (42.3%)
- BYU has the 33rd-ranked offense in the FBS, averaging 33.3 points per game. Georgia Southern’s defense is 104th, giving up 31.6 points per contest.
When Georgia Southern Has The Ball
- The Eagles’ offense ranks 108th in the FBS at 22.3 points per game. They will be facing the Cougars’ defense which allows 24.3 per game (56th in college football).
- The Eagles’ offense is 129th in college football averaging 227.2 yards per game, while BYU ranks 84th in yards allowed (391.0).
- The Eagles’ offense averages 6.2 yards per pass attempt (111th in the FBS). The Cougars’ defense allows 7.3 yards per passing play (69th in college football).
- BYU allows 145.4 rushing yards per game (65th in the FBS). Georgia Southern’s rushing game ranks 95th in college football (129.2).
BYU Betting Trends And Insights
- BYU has put together a 5-5-0 ATS record so far this year.
- The Cougars have covered the spread once this season (1-1 ATS) when playing as at least 20-point favorites.
- So far this season, four out of BYU’s 10 games have gone over the point total.
- In four of 10 games this season, BYU and its opponents have combined to score more than 57.5 points.
- The Cougars have put together a 5-1 record in games they were favored on the moneyline (winning 83.3% of those games).
Georgia Southern Betting Trends And Insights
- Georgia Southern has covered four times in nine chances against the spread this season.
- The Eagles have been an underdog by 20 points or more this season once, and failed to cover the spread.
- Georgia Southern’s games have gone over the point total four out of nine times this year.
- Georgia Southern has combined with its opponent to score more than 57.5 points just twice this season.
- This season, the Eagles have been the underdog eight times and won one of those games.
BYU Players To Watch
- Jaren Hall has thrown for 1,995 yards while completing 64.7% of his passes (152-of-235), with 16 touchdowns and three interceptions this year (249.4 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 48 times for 260 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 32.5 yards per game.
- Tyler Allgeier has taken 203 attempts for a team-leading 1,157 rushing yards (115.7 yards per game) while scoring 17 touchdowns.
- Puka Nacua has 34 catches and paces his team with 671 receiving yards (74.6 ypg) while scoring three touchdowns.
- Neil Pau’u has tacked on 526 yards on 46 catches and six touchdowns. He puts up 52.6 receiving yards per game this year.
- This season Gunner Romney has caught 26 passes for 452 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 75.3 receiving yards per game.
Georgia Southern Players To Watch
- This season, Justin Tomlin has put up 607 passing yards (121.4 yards per game) while completing 49 of 95 passes (51.6% completion percentage), with one touchdown and six interceptions. He has tacked on 108 rushing yards on 55 carries (plus one touchdown), averaging 21.6 yards per game.
- Logan Wright has taken 81 carries for a team-leading 353 rushing yards (50.4 yards per game) while scoring three touchdowns.
- So far this year Gerald Green has rushed for 328 yards on 50 carries (54.7 ypg), with four rushing touchdowns.
- Khaleb Hood has racked up 19 receptions for 217 yards, best on his team. He averages 36.2 receiving yards per game.
- Derwin Burgess Jr. has contributed with 210 yards (on seven catches) and one touchdown.
- Beau Johnson has totaled 109 yards on 11 receptions with one touchdown, averaging 18.2 yards per game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from