Giannis Antetokounmpo leads the Milwaukee Bucks (5-4) into a matchup with the Cleveland Cavaliers (5-4) after putting up 35 points in a 131-118 loss to the Jazz. The Cavaliers are 15.5-point underdogs in the game on Saturday, January 9, 2021, which tips off at 8:00 PM ET on FS-OH.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from FanDuel Sportsbook as of January 9, 2021, 12:41 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
Bucks vs Cavaliers Betting Odds
Bucks vs Cavaliers Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 9
Pat Connaughton: Out (Groin),
Sam Merrill: Day To Day (Left Ankle),
Torrey Craig: Out (Nose)
Collin Sexton: Day To Day (Ankle),
Dante Exum: Out (Calf),
Darius Garland: Out (Right Shoulder),
Dylan Windler: Out (Wrist),
Kevin Love: Out (Calf),
Kevin Porter Jr.: Out (Personal),
Matthew Dellavedova: Out (Concussion)
Bucks and Cavaliers Records ATS
- Milwaukee is under .500 against the spread this season with a record of 4-5
- The Bucks have a losing record against the spread when favored by at least 15.5 points, going 0-1 this season.
- Milwaukee and its opponents have hit the over in 7 of 9 games this season (77.8%).
- Cleveland has consistently covered the spread this season with a record of 5-4.
- Cleveland and its opponents have typically not covered the total points bet this season, only reaching the over in 22.2% (2) of their nine games played.
Head to Head
Antetokounmpo scored a team-high 29 points to lead the Bucks over Kevin Porter Jr. (15 points) and the Cavaliers 125-108 in their most recent matchup on Saturday. The Bucks were favored by 13.5 points in the game and covered the spread in the win. The teams combined to score 233 total points to go over the 224.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|12/14/2019||Bucks||Bucks||-13.5||224.5||-1378||785||Regular Season||125-108 MIL*|
|11/29/2019||Bucks||Cavaliers||-12.5||229.5||-775||557||Regular Season||119-110 MIL|
|10/28/2019||Bucks||Bucks||-15.5||225||-2429||1236||Regular Season||129-112 MIL|
|3/24/2019||–||Bucks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||127-105 MIL|
|3/20/2019||–||Cavaliers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||107-102 CLE|
|12/14/2018||–||Cavaliers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||114-102 MIL|
|12/10/2018||–||Bucks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||108-92 MIL|
|3/19/2018||–||Cavaliers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||124-117 CLE|
|12/19/2017||–||Bucks||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||119-116 MIL|
|11/7/2017||–||Cavaliers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||124-119 CLE|
- The Bucks are the NBA’s highest-scoring team (124.4 PPG), while the Cavaliers allow their opponents the second-fewest points per game (103.3) in the league.
- The Bucks have totaled a total of 96 more points than their opponents this year (an average of 10.6 per game), while the Cavaliers have been out-scored by opponents on average this year (by 11 total points, -1.2 per game).
- Antetokounmpo leads the Bucks in scoring (27.1 points per game) and rebounding (10.6 rebounds per game).
- Antetokounmpo’s rebounding prop over/under for the matchup is set at 12.5 boards, 1.9 rebounds higher than his season average of 10.6.
- The squad is led in assists by Khris Middleton’s 5.9 per game.
- Middleton’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 32.5, 2.2 lower than his season average of 34.7.
- Middleton is the top three-point shooter for the Bucks, connecting on 2.9 per game.
- Middleton’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.4 shots less than his season average of 2.9.
- Milwaukee’s steals leader is Jrue Holiday, who grabs 1.9 per game. Brook Lopez leads the team averaging 1.4 blocks a contest.
- Lopez’s blocks prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.1 blocks higher than his season average of 1.4.
- The Cavaliers leader in scoring is Collin Sexton with 25.1 points per game. He also adds 2.1 rebounds per game and 3.5 assists per game.
- Sexton’s points prop total for the contest is set at 26.5, 1.4 points higher than his season average of 25.1.
- Andre Drummond (14.3 rebounds per game) and Darius Garland (6.3 assists per game) are the Cleveland leaders in rebounds and assists.
- Garland’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 19.5, 7.3 less than his season average of 26.8.
- Garland is tops from three-point range for the Cavaliers, hitting 2.5 threes per game.
- Garland’s three pointers made prop over/under for the contest is set at 1.5, 1.0 shot less than his season average of 2.5.
- Nobody on Cleveland grabs more steals than Larry Nance Jr. (2.4 per game) or blocks more shots than Drummond (1.6 per game).
- Drummond’s blocks prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 0.9 blocks higher than his season average of 1.6.
The spread for this game suggested by the model (8.8 points) is much tighter than the 15.5-point edge FanDuel gives to the Bucks, though the data still has them as the favorite. Put your money on the Cavaliers to cover.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from