The Tampa Bay Buccaneers (6-2) take a three-game winning streak into a matchup with the New Orleans Saints (5-2), winners of four in a row, on Sunday, November 8, 2020 at Raymond James Stadium. Tampa Bay is a favorite in the game.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of November 3, 2020, 2:41 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Saints vs. Bucs betting odds
- The over/under in this game is 52.0 points, 0.5 higher than the average total in Buccaneers games this season.
- This season, Saints games have resulted in an average scoring total of 57.6, which is 5.6 points higher than the over/under for this matchup.
- Tampa Bay and its opponents have combined to score more than 52.0 in three games (37.5% of matchups).
- In five (71.4%) games this season, the Saints have combined with their opponents to go over 52.0 points.
- These two teams score a combined average of 60.3 points per game, higher than the total for this matchup by 8.3 points.
- The Buccaneers are the fourth-highest scoring team in the NFL this year. The Saints have scored the seventh-most points.
- These teams surrender a combined 48.7 points per game, 3.3 fewer points than this contest’s total.
- This game features the league’s 23rd-ranked (New Orleans) and seventh-ranked (Tampa Bay) scoring defenses.
Buccaneers Betting Insights
- Tampa Bay’s games have hit the over in five out of eight outings this season (62.5%).
- Tampa Bay has a 4-4 record against the spread.
- The Buccaneers have a split ATS record of 2-2 when favored by at least 5.5 points.
Saints Betting Insights
- New Orleans’ games have hit the over in all seven outings this season.
- New Orleans has put together a losing 2-5 record against the spread this season.
- The Saints have a losing ATS record of 0-3 when playing as at least 5.5-point underdogs.
Buccaneers vs Saints: Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total Yards||Result|
|9/13/2020||Saints||Saints||-4.50||48.00||-180||+155||310-271 TB||34-23 NO|
|11/17/2019||Saints||Buccaneers||-5||51||-215||+185||334-328 TB||34-17 NO|
|10/6/2019||Saints||Saints||-3||46.5||-157||+138||457-252 NO||31-24 NO|
When the Buccaneers Have the Ball
- The Saints defense has allowed 28.1 points per game this season, about the same amount as the 30.9 the Buccaneers have scored.
- In games where Tampa Bay score at least 30.9 points this season, they are 4-0 overall and 3-1 against the spread.
- New Orleans is 4-0 overall and 1-3 against the spread this season in games where they allow fewer than 28.1 points.
- The Buccaneers hold a 40.3-yard advantage in total yards gained versus total yards allowed compared to the Saints defense this season (368.4 to 328.1). The Buccaneers average 5.6 yards per play while the Saints give up 5.3 per play.
- In contests where the Tampa Bay offense totals at least their average yard output this season, they are 1-1 against the spread and 2-0 overall.
- When the New Orleans defense allows less than their season average for total yards this season they are 2-1 against the spread and 3-0 overall.
- The Saints have allowed opposing rushing attacks to average 90.6 yards per game in 2020 compared to the 102.6 yards the Buccaneers offense has averaged on the ground per contest.
- When Tampa Bay rushers gain at least a combined 102.6 yards this season, they are 3-1 overall and 2-2 against the spread.
- This season, when the New Orleans defense allows opponents to pick up less than 90.6 yards on the ground, they are 2-1 against the spread and 3-0 overall.
- This season, the Saints have forced an average of 0.9 turnovers per game compared to the 1 time Buccaneers have turned the football over in each contest.
- When Tampa Bay turns the football over 1 time or fewer this season, they are 5-1 overall and 3-3 against the spread.
- New Orleans’ record this season when they force more than 0.9 turnovers: 2-2 ATS, 3-1 overall
When the Saints Have the Ball
- The Saints score 8.8 more points per game (29.4) than the Buccaneers give up (20.6).
- New Orleans is 2-2 against the spread and 3-1 overall a season ago when the team notches at least 29.4 points.
- This season, Tampa Bay has a 3-1 record against the spread and a 4-0 record overall in games when it holds opponents to 30.9 or fewer points.
- The Saints collect 86.4 more yards per game (385.9), than the Buccaneers give up per matchup (299.5). The Saints average 5.8 yards per play, while the Buccaneers give up 4.8 per play.
- Tampa Bay’s record last season when they racked up at least their season average in total yards: 5-4 overall and 3-3-2 ATS.
- Tampa Bay has a 2-2 record ATS and a 2-2 record overall when holding its opponents to 299.5 yards or less.
- This season, the Saints run for 48.9 more yards per game (119.3) than the Buccaneers allow per contest (70.4).
- New Orleans has a 1-3 ATS record and a 3-1 overall record when the team runs for at least 119.3 yards.
- This season, Tampa Bay is 1-2 against the spread and 2-1 overall when holding opponents to no more than 70.4 rushing yards.
- The Saints turn the ball over just 0.7 times per game, 1.1 fewer turnovers per game than the 1.8 the Buccaneers force on average.
- New Orleans is 1-1 against the spread and 2-0 overall when it turns the ball over 0.7 or fewer times.
- This season, Tampa Bay has a 3-2 record against the spread and a 5-0 record overall when it forces at least 1.8 turnovers.
Buccaneers Players to Watch
- Brady leads the team with 2,189 passing yards (273.6 yards per game) and has a 66.2% completion percentage this year (204-of-308) while throwing 20 touchdowns and four interceptions in eight games.
- Jones has rushed for a team-leading 529 yards on 117 attempts (66.1 yards per game) while scoring four touchdowns in eight games.
- In six games in 2020, Fournette has run for 225 yards on 50 carries (37.5 ypg), with two rushing touchdowns. Fournette also makes an impact in the passing game, catching 16 passes for 100 (16.7 ypg).
- This season, Miller has 25 catches (on 38 targets) to lead the team with 400 yards (50.0 per game) with two touchdowns in eight games.
- Evans has also tacked on 373 yards on 30 grabs with seven touchdowns. He has been targeted 46 times and averages 46.6 receiving yards per game over the course of eight matchups this year.
- Over eight games in 2020, Gronkowski has caught 26 passes on 40 targets for 321 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 40.1 receiving yards per game.
- Pierre-Paul has registered a team-leading 6.5 sacks, while adding 4.0 TFL and 28 tackles over eight games.
- In eight games over the 2020 campaign, White has collected 68 tackles, 7.0 TFL, and five sacks and leads the team in tackles.
- Carlton Davis has picked off four passes to lead the team while adding 33 tackles, 3.0 TFL, and 13 passes defended eight over games.
Saints Players to Watch
- Brees has thrown for 1,898 yards while completing 73.1% of his passes (185-of-253), with 13 touchdowns and three interceptions in seven games this year (271.1 yards per game).
- Kamara has picked up a team-high 431 rushing yards (61.6 yards per game) and scored four touchdowns in seven games. He has added 55 catches for 556 yards (79.4 receiving yards per game) with three receiving touchdowns.
- Murray has 282 yards on 71 carries (40.3 ypg), with two rushing touchdowns over the course of seven games.
- Smith has also contributed with 25 catches for 291 yards and two touchdowns in seven games this year. He has been targeted 32 times and puts up 41.6 receiving yards per game.
- Cook has collected 249 yards on 19 passes with four touchdowns in 2020, averaging 41.5 yards per game on 29 targets in six contests.
- Hendrickson has 5.5 sacks to lead the team, and has also collected 6.0 TFL and 15 tackles over seven games.
- Demario Davis has collected 42 tackles, 4.0 TFL, and two sacks to lead the team in tackles so far in seven games over the course of the 2020 campaign.
- This season, Robinson leads the team with one interception and has added nine tackles and two passes defended seven in games.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from