The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of December 22, 2020, 1:41 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Buccaneers vs Lions Betting Odds
Buccaneers vs Lions Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Betting the Total (Over/Under)
- Buccaneers games have gone over 53.5 points on five occasions this season (35.7% of matchups).
- Detroit’s games have gone over 53.5 points on nine occasions (64.3% of games).
- This year’s combined scoring average for these two teams (52.5 points per game) is 1.0 fewer than the total for this contest.
- These two teams combine to allow 54 points per game, which is 0.5 greater than the total for this matchup.
- The over/under in this game is 53.5 points, 1.9 higher than the average total in Buccaneers games this season.
- The average total for Lions games is 55 points, 1.5 more than this game’s over/under.
- The Buccaneers score the seventh-most points in the league this season, while the Lions’ offense puts up the 19th-most.
- Detroit has surrendered the 32nd-fewest points in the league this season, while Tampa Bay has given up the 12th-fewest.
Buccaneers Betting Insights
- Tampa Bay’s games have hit the over in eight out of 14 opportunities this season (57.1%).
- Tampa Bay has a 7-7 record against the spread.
- The Buccaneers are 0-1 ATS when favored by at least 9.5 points.
Lions Betting Insights
- 9 of Detroit’s 14 games this year have gone over the point total (64.3% of its outings).
- Detroit has a losing 6-8 record against the spread.
Buccaneers vs Lions: Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total Yards||Result|
|12/15/2019||Buccaneers||Lions||-6||46||-240||+205||495-295 TB||38-17 TB|
When the Buccaneers Have the Ball
- The Buccaneers average points scored this season (28.6) and the Lions points allowed (31.1) are within 2.5 points of each other.
- In games where Tampa Bay score at least 28.6 points this season, they are 6-0 overall and 4-2 against the spread.
- When the Detroit defense allows 31.1 points or fewer this year, the Lions have pieced together a 5-3 overall record and a 6-2 record against the spread.
- The Buccaneers offense has averaged 362.3 total yards per game this season, 39.1 yards fewer than the 401.4 allowed by the Lions defense.
- The Buccaneers average 5.7 yards per play while the Lions allow 6.1 per play.
- When the Tampa Bay offense puts together a game with at least their 2020 average in yardage, they are 4-1 overall and 3-2 against the spread this season.
- When the Detroit defense allows less than their season average for total yards, they are 4-5 against the spread and 4-5 overall.
- The Lions have allowed opposing rushing attacks to average 137.3 yards per game, compared to the 93.9 yards the Buccaneers offense has averaged on the ground per contest.
- In games where the Tampa Bay rushing attack puts together at least their season average, the Buccaneers are 5-1 overall and 4-2 against the spread.
- This season, when the Detroit defense allows opponents to pick up less than 137.3 yards on the ground, they are 5-3 against the spread and 4-4 overall.
- The Buccaneers have turned the ball over 1.1 times per game this season, while the Lions have averaged 0.9 takeaways per contest.
- In games where they turn the football over 1.1 times or fewer this season, Tampa Bay is 8-1 overall and 5-4 against the spread.
- Detroit is 5-3 against the spread and 5-3 overall this season when they force at least 0.9 turnovers in a game.
When the Lions Have the Ball
- The Lions average just one more point per game (23.9) than the Buccaneers allow (22.9).
- Detroit is 5-3 against the spread and 4-4 overall a season ago when the team puts up at least 23.9 points.
- Tampa Bay has a 4-2 record against the spread and a 6-0 record overall in games when it gives up 28.6 points or less.
- The Lions rack up 24 more yards per game (357.1), than the Buccaneers allow per outing (333.1). The Lions average 5.6 yards per play, while the Buccaneers allow 5.2 per play.
- Tampa Bay has a 3-3 record ATS and a 4-2 record overall when holding its opponents to 333.1 yards or less.
- This season, the Lions rush for 14.8 more yards per game (92.6) than the Buccaneers allow per outing (77.8).
- Detroit has a 2-4 ATS record and a 2-4 overall record when the team runs for at least 92.6 yards.
- This season, Tampa Bay is 3-4 against the spread and 5-2 overall when holding opponents to no more than 77.8 yards on the ground.
- This year, the Lions turn the ball over 1.2 times per game, 0.3 fewer turnovers per game than the 1.5 the Buccaneers force on average.
- Detroit is 6-4 against the spread and 5-5 overall when it turns the ball over 1.2 or fewer times.
- This season, Tampa Bay has a 3-4 record against the spread and a 5-2 record overall when it forces at least 1.5 turnovers.
Buccaneers Players to Watch
- Tom Brady leads the team with 3,886 passing yards (277.6 yards per game) and has a 65.1% completion percentage this year (353-of-542) while throwing 32 touchdowns and 11 interceptions.
- Leonard Fournette has rushed for 320 yards on 83 carries (29.1 yards per game) and five touchdowns in 11 games. He also averages 17 receiving yards per game, grabbing 31 passes for 187 yards.
- In eight games, Ke’Shawn Vaughn has run for 47 yards on 11 carries (5.9 ypg), with zero rushing touchdowns.
- This season, Mike Evans has 57 catches (on 93 targets) to lead the team with 779 yards (55.6 per game) while scoring 11 touchdowns.
- Chris Godwin has also tacked on 623 yards on 55 catches with four touchdowns. He has been targeted 68 times and puts up 62.3 receiving yards per game over 10 matchups this year.
- Rob Gronkowski has caught 41 passes on 71 targets for 536 yards and five touchdowns, averaging 38.3 yards per game.
- Jason Pierre-Paul has 9.5 sacks to lead the team, and has also collected six TFL, 50 tackles, and two interceptions.
- This year, Devin White has racked up 130 tackles, 13 TFL, and eight sacks.
- Carlton Davis has a team-high four interceptions and has tacked on 68 tackles, three TFL, and 18 passes defended.
Lions Players to Watch
- Matthew Stafford has thrown for 3,774 yards while completing 64.2% of his passes (317-of-494), with 23 touchdowns and nine interceptions (269.6 yards per game).
- Adrian Peterson has racked up a team-high 531 rushing yards (37.9 yards per game) and scored six touchdowns.
- D’Andre Swift leads the team with 422 rushing yards on 92 carries (38.4 yards per game), with seven touchdowns on the ground over the course of 11 games. He also has 39 catches for 316 yards (28.7 per game) and two touchdowns.
- This season, Marvin Jones Jr. has 65 catches (on 101 targets) to lead the team with 779 yards (55.6 per game) while scoring seven touchdowns.
- T.J. Hockenson has also chipped in with 60 catches for 675 yards and six touchdowns. He has been targeted 92 times and puts up 48.2 receiving yards per game.
- Danny Amendola has collected 559 yards on 40 passes, averaging 46.6 yards per game.
- Romeo Okwara has collected a team-leading eight sacks, while adding 10 TFL and 41 tackles.
- This year, Jamie Collins Sr. has collected 102 tackles, six TFL, one sack, and one interception.
- This season, Duron Harmon leads the team with two interceptions and has added 55 tackles and four passes defended.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from