The Tampa Bay Buccaneers (8-5) visit the Atlanta Falcons (4-9) on Sunday, December 20, in a matchup between NFC South foes at Mercedes-Benz Stadium. Tampa Bay is favored by and the point total is set at for the outing.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of December 14, 2020, 2:41 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Buccaneers vs Falcons Betting Odds
Buccaneers vs Falcons Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Betting the Total (Over/Under)
- Tampa Bay and its opponents have combined to score more than 51 in six games (46.2% of matchups).
- In five (38.5%) games this season, the Falcons have combined with their opponents to go over 51 points.
- The total for this matchup is 51 points, 2.7 fewer than the combined scoring average of the two teams.
- The over/under for this game is set at 51 points, 3.6 points higher than the two teams’ opponents scoring average.
- Buccaneers games average 51.1 total points per game this season, equal to the over/under for this matchup.
- Falcons games average 50 total points, one fewer than the total for this matchup.
- The Buccaneers are the sixth-highest scoring team in the NFL this year. The Falcons have scored the 16th-most points.
- This matchup features the league’s 16th-ranked (Atlanta) and 11th-ranked (Tampa Bay) scoring defenses.
Buccaneers Betting Insights
- Most of Tampa Bay’s games this year — seven out of 13 — have gone over the point total (53.8%).
- Tampa Bay has compiled a 7-6 record against the spread this season.
- The Buccaneers have an ATS record of 4-2 when playing as at least 5.0-point favorites.
Falcons Betting Insights
- Most of Atlanta’s games this year — seven out of 12 — have failed to go over the point total (58.3%).
- Atlanta has a 5-7 record against the spread.
Buccaneers vs Falcons: Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total Yards||Result|
|12/29/2019||Buccaneers||Buccaneers||-1||48||-110||+-104||373-329 ATL||28-22 ATL|
|11/24/2019||Falcons||Falcons||-3.5||51.5||-180||+155||446-337 TB||35-22 TB|
When the Buccaneers Have the Ball
- The Buccaneers have put an average of 28.5 points per game on the scoreboard this season, 3.7 more than the 24.8 the Falcons have surrendered in each contest.
- In games where Tampa Bay score at least 28.5 points this season, they are 5-0 overall and 4-1 against the spread.
- When the Atlanta defense allows 24.8 points or fewer this year, the Falcons have pieced together a 3-5 overall record and a 3-4 record against the spread.
- The Buccaneers offense has averaged 358.2 total yards per game this season, 32.6 yards fewer than the 390.8 allowed by the Falcons defense. The Buccaneers average 5.7 yards per play while the Falcons allow 6.1 per play.
- When the Tampa Bay offense puts together a game with at least their 2020 average in yardage, they are 3-1 overall and 3-1 against the spread this season.
- When Atlanta allows fewer total yards to opposing offenses than their season average, they are 3-3 against the spread and 3-4 overall this season.
- The Falcons defense has given up an average of 109 yards per game to opposing running games this season. That is 11.8 more yards than the Buccaneers have gained running the football in 2020 (97.2).
- When Tampa Bay rushers gain at least a combined 97.2 yards this season, they are 5-1 overall and 4-2 against the spread.
- This season, when the Atlanta defense allows opponents to pick up less than 109 yards on the ground, they are 3-3 against the spread and 3-4 overall.
- The Buccaneers have turned the ball over 1.2 times per game this season, while the Falcons have averaged 1.4 takeaways per contest.
- When Tampa Bay turns the football over 1.2 times or fewer this season, they are 7-1 overall and 5-3 against the spread.
- Atlanta is 3-1 against the spread and 2-2 overall this season when they force at least 1.4 turnovers in a game.
When the Falcons Have the Ball
- The Falcons rack up just 2.6 more points per game (25.2) than the Buccaneers surrender (22.6).
- When Atlanta scores at least 25.2 points, it is 4-1 against the spread and 3-2 overall.
- This season, Tampa Bay has a 4-1 record against the spread and a 5-0 record overall in games when it holds opponents to 28.5 or fewer points.
- The Falcons collect 36.6 more yards per game (366.9), than the Buccaneers give up per outing (330.3). On average, the Falcons gain 5.4 yards per play, while the Buccaneers give up 5.1 per play.
- Tampa Bay has a 3-3 record ATS and a 4-2 record overall when holding its opponents to 330.3 yards or less.
- This season, the Falcons pile up 98.3 yards per game on the ground, 17.4 more per game than the Buccaneers allow per contest (80.9).
- Atlanta has a 4-2 ATS record and a 3-3 overall record when the team rushes for at least 98.3 yards.
- This season, Tampa Bay is 3-3 against the spread and 4-2 overall when holding opponents to no more than 80.9 rushing yards.
- This year, the Falcons turn the ball over 1.2 times per game, 0.4 fewer turnovers per game than the 1.6 the Buccaneers force on average.
- Atlanta has a 5-5 record against the spread and a 4-6 record overall when it turns the ball over 1.2 times or less.
- This season, Tampa Bay has a 3-4 record against the spread and a 5-2 record overall when it forces at least 1.6 turnovers.
Buccaneers Players to Watch
- Tom Brady has thrown for 3,496 yards while completing 64.8% of his passes (322-of-497), with 30 touchdowns and 11 interceptions in 13 games this year (268.9 yards per game).
- Ronald Jones II has taken 180 attempts for a team-leading 900 rushing yards (69.2 yards per game) while scoring six touchdowns in 13 games.
- Leonard Fournette has 271 yards on 69 carries (27.1 ypg), with three rushing touchdowns over the course of 10 games. He also has 28 catches for 171 yards (17.1 ypg).
- Mike Evans has grabbed 51 passes to lead the team with 669 yards while scoring 11 touchdowns. He has been targeted 86 times and averages 51.5 yards per game over 13 outings.
- Chris Godwin’s statline this year shows 51 catches for 587 yards and three touchdowns over the course of nine games. He puts up 65.2 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 63 times.
- Rob Gronkowski has caught 38 passes on 64 targets for 507 yards and five touchdowns, averaging 39.0 yards per game in 13 contests in 2020.
- Jason Pierre-Paul has notched a team-leading 9.5 sacks, while adding six TFL, 50 tackles, and two interceptions over 13 games.
- This year, Devin White has collected 118 tackles, nine TFL, and five sacks.
- Carlton Davis has picked off four passes to lead the team while adding 59 tackles, three TFL, and 17 passes defended.
Falcons Players to Watch
- This year, Matt Ryan has collected 3,660 passing yards (281.5 yards per game) while going 317-for-498 (63.7% completion percentage) and throwing 19 touchdowns and 11 interceptions in 13 games.
- Todd Gurley II has churned out a team-high 645 rushing yards (53.8 yards per game) and scored nine touchdowns in 12 games.
- Brian Hill has 337 yards on 79 carries (25.9 ypg), with one rushing touchdown over the course of 13 games.
- This season, Calvin Ridley has 67 catches (on 108 targets) to lead the team with 1,029 yards (85.8 per game) with eight touchdowns in 12 games.
- Julio Jones’ statline this year shows 51 catches for 771 yards and three touchdowns in nine games. He puts up 85.7 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 68 times.
- Russell Gage has caught 54 passes on 84 targets for 604 yards and two touchdowns, averaging 46.5 yards per game.
- Deion Jones has 3.5 sacks to lead the team, and has also collected 7.0 TFL, 84 tackles, and two interceptions over 13 games.
- Foyesade Oluokun has totaled 96 tackles, four TFL, three sacks, and one interception this season.
- Blidi Wreh-Wilson has a team-high three interceptions and has tacked on seven tackles, one TFL, and four passes defended.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from