The Tampa Bay Buccaneers (3-1) are favored by 3.5 points as they battle to keep their three-game winning streak intact in a matchup with the Chicago Bears (3-1) on Thursday, October 8 at Soldier Field. The over/under is set at 45.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of October 8. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings.com.
- Buccaneers games have gone over 44.5 points on three of four occasions.
- Chicago’s games have gone over 44.5 points on two of four occasions.
- The total for this matchup is 6.7 fewer than the combined scoring average of the two teams (51.2).
- The over/under for this game is 1.3 points higher than the two teams’ opponents scoring average (43.2).
- The points total average for Buccaneers games this season is 53– 8.5 points higher than the over/under for this matchup.
- Games involving the Bears this year have averaged 41.5 points per game– 3.0-points less when than this over/under.
- The Bears are 25th in scoring this season; the Bucs are ranked ninth.
- Tampa Bay is the NFL’s ninth-ranked scoring defense while Chicago is seventh.
Buccaneers Betting Insights
- Tampa Bay’s games have hit the over in three out of four outings this season.
- Tampa Bay has put together a 2-2 record against the spread this season.
- The Buccaneers are 2-1 ATS when favored by at least 5.5 points.
Bears Betting Insights
- Chicago’s games have gone over the point total in two out of four opportunities this season.
- Chicago has compiled a 2-2 record against the spread this season.
Buccaneers vs Bears: Last 5 Meetings
- In the past five meetings, Chicago is 3-2 against Tampa Bay.
- Chicago has scored 112 points in the last five meetings while giving up 109 to Tampa Bay
|Date||Home Team||Total Yards||Result|
|9/30/2018||Bears||483-311 CHI||48-10 CHI|
|9/17/2017||Buccaneers||311-310 TB||29-7 TB|
|11/13/2016||Buccaneers||360-283 TB||36-10 TB|
|12/27/2015||Buccaneers||389-327 TB||26-21 CHI|
|11/23/2014||Bears||367-204 TB||21-13 CHI|
When the Buccaneers Have the Ball
- The Buccaneers, on average, score 9.8 more points per game this season (30) than the Bears allow (20.2).
- In games where Tampa Bay scores at least 30 points this season, they are 2-0 overall and 1-1 against the spread.
- When the Chicago defense allows 20.2 points or fewer this year, the Bears have put together a 1-1 overall record, but a 0-2 record against the spread.
- The Buccaneers averaged 26.3 more yards than the Bears defense allows this season (371.5 to 345.2).
- The Buccaneers average 5.7 yards per play while the Bears give up 5.2 per play.
- In games where Tampa Bay hits their average yard output, they are 0-1 against the spread and 1-0 overall.
- When the Chicago defense allows less than their season average for total yards this season, they are 0-2 against the spread and 1-1 overall.
- The Bears defense gives up an average of 115 yards per game to opposing running games this season. That’s 17.2 more yards than the Buccaneers average running the football in 2020 (97.8).
- When Tampa Bay rushes for at least 97.8 yards this season, they are 2-0 overall and 1-1 against the spread.
- This season, when the Chicago defense allows less than 115 yards on the ground, they are 0-2 against the spread and 1-1 overall.
- This season, the Bears have forced an average of one turnover per game, compared to the 1.5 times Buccaneers have turned the football over in each contest.
- When Tampa Bay turns the football over 1.5 times or fewer this season, they are 2-0 overall and 1-1 against the spread.
- Chicago is 2-1 against the spread and 3-0 overall this season when they force at least one turnover in a game.
When the Bears Have the Ball
- The Bears put up 21.2 points per game, while the Bucs allow 23 per outing.
- When Chicago scores at least 21.2 points, they are 2-0 against the spread and 2-0 overall.
- This season, Tampa Bay has a 1-1 record against the spread and a 2-0 record overall in games when it holds opponents to 30 or fewer points.
- The Bears average 31.2 more yards per game (343.2) than the Buccaneers allow per outing (312). On average, the Bears gain 5.2 yards per play, while the Buccaneers give up 5.1 per play.
- Tampa Bay has a 1-1 record ATS and a 1-1 record overall when holding its opponents to 312 yards or less.
- This season, the Bears run for 46.3 more yards per game (110.5) than the Buccaneers allow per outing (64.2).
- Chicago has a 2-1 ATS record and a 3-0 overall record when they run for at least 110.5 yards.
- Tampa Bay is 1-1 against the spread and 2-0 overall when holding opponents to 64.2 rushing yards or less.
- This year, the Bears turn the ball over 1.2 times per game– 0.8 fewer turnovers per game than the two the Buccaneers force on average.
- Chicago is 1-1 against the spread and 1-1 overall when it turns the ball over 1.2 or fewer times.
- When they force two or more turnovers, Tampa Bay is 2-1 against the spread and 3-0 overall.
Buccaneers Players to Watch
- Tom Brady has thrown for 1,122 yards, 11 touchdowns, and four picks (280.5 yards per game) while completing 65.2% of his passes (101-of-155).
- Ronald Jones II has 57 rushing attempts for a team-leading 253 yards (63.3 yards per game) while scoring one touchdown in four games.
- In four games, Scotty Miller has caught 15 passes for 250 yards (62.5 ypg) and one touchdown.
- Mike Evans has 17 receptions for 230 yards and five touchdowns over the course of four games. He puts up 57.5 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 26 times.
- Shaquil Barrett has recorded three sacks, four TFL, and 21 tackles so far.
- In 2020, Devin White leads the Bucs with 37 tackles and has added two TFLs.
- Carlton Davis has picked off two passes to lead the team while adding 14 tackles, three TFL, and four passes defended four over games.
Bears Players to Watch
- David Montgomery has 218 rushing yards (54.5 yards per game), nine catches for 94 yards (23.5 receiving yards per game), and one receiving touchdown this season.
- Allen Robinson has been targeted 41 times and has 25 catches for 331 yards (82.8 ypg) and two touchdowns in four games this season.
- Darnell Mooney has chipped in with 13 catches for 145 yards and one touchdown over the course of four games. He has been targeted 20 times and averages 36.3 receiving yards per game.
- Jimmy Graham has 136 yards on 14 passes with three touchdowns in 2020, averaging 34 yards per game on 23 targets in four contests.
- Akiem Hicks has registered a team-leading 3.5 sacks, while adding four TFL and 17 tackles in four games.
- Roquan Smith has recorded 34 tackles and five TFL.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from