NFC South opponents meet in Week 2 when the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-0) take the field against the Atlanta Falcons (0-1). The Falcons, on the moneyline to win, and the Buccaneers, listed at on the spread, kick things off on September 19, 2021 at 4:05 PM ET on FOX. Sportsbooks have installed a total of points for the contest.
In this article we will surface what you need to know to place a bet on the game. That includes key metrics, injury updates, and weather conditions, while also updating you with the best odds available.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of September 19, 2021, 5:13 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Buccaneers Vs. Falcons Betting Odds
Buccaneers Vs. Falcons Player Props
Buccaneers Vs. Falcons Betting Angles
Buccaneers Vs. Falcons Weather
Light rain and 8 mph winds are predicted at Raymond James Stadium on Sunday (as of 5:13 PM on September 19), with a high temperature of 85 degrees Fahrenheit.
Buccaneers Vs. Falcons Injury Report
Tampa Bay Injuries
|Carlton Davis III||CB||Hamstring||Probable|
|Khalil Davis||DL||Gameday Inactive||Out|
|Nick Leverett||G||Gameday Inactive||Out|
|Ke’Shawn Vaughn||RB||Gameday Inactive||Out|
|Kyle Trask||QB||Gameday Inactive||Out|
|Jaelon Darden||WR||Gameday Inactive||Out|
|Wayne Gallman||RB||Gameday Inactive||Out|
|John Cominsky||DE||Gameday Inactive||Out|
|Feleipe Franks||QB||Gameday Inactive||Out|
|Darren Hall||CB||Gameday Inactive||Out|
Buccaneers Offense Vs. Falcons Defense (2020)
|Buccaneers Offense||Stats (Rank)||Falcons Defense|
|30.8 (3)||Points/Gm||25.9 (19)|
|0.48 (2)||Points/Play||0.40 (20)|
|384.1 (7)||Yards/Gm||398.5 (29)|
|298.5 (4)||Pass Yards/Gm||307.4 (32)|
|94.9 (28)||Rush Yards/Gm||104.9 (6)|
|6.0 (7)||Yards/Play||6.2 (29)|
|7.6 (8)||Yards/Pass||7.9 (27)|
|4.1 (24)||Yards/Rush||4.4 (14)|
|43.5% (11)||3rd Down %||41.0% (17)|
|68.9% (7)||Red Zone %||64.3% (25)|
|17 (7)||Turnovers||21 (18)|
|22 (4)||Sacks||29 (23)|
Falcons Offense Vs. Buccaneers Defense (2020)
|Falcons Offense||Stats (Rank)||Buccaneers Defense|
|24.8 (16)||Points/Gm||22.2 (8)|
|0.37 (18)||Points/Play||0.35 (9)|
|368.4 (18)||Yards/Gm||327.1 (6)|
|288.8 (5)||Pass Yards/Gm||269.4 (23)|
|95.8 (27)||Rush Yards/Gm||80.6 (1)|
|5.5 (18)||Yards/Play||5.1 (6)|
|7.4 (15)||Yards/Pass||7.0 (11)|
|3.7 (31)||Yards/Rush||3.6 (1)|
|43.9% (10)||3rd Down %||40.0% (14)|
|53.4% (26)||Red Zone %||62.7% (20)|
|18 (9)||Turnovers||25 (5)|
|41 (22)||Sacks||48 (4)|
When The Buccaneers Have The Ball (2020)
- The Buccaneers averaged 298.5 passing yards per game last season, fourth in the NFL. They’ll face a Falcons pass defense that struggled, giving up 307.4 per game and ranked 32nd.
- Tampa Bay’s offense was the seventh-best in the NFL in yards per play a season ago (6.0), and Atlanta’s defense was 29th (6.2).
- The Buccaneers had the No. 28 rushing offense in the NFL last year (94.9 yards per game), and are going up against one of the league’s toughest defenses last season, the sixth-ranked Falcons (104.9 rushing yards allowed per game).
- Tampa Bay had one of the best offenses in the NFL in yards per game last season (No. 7 at 384.1 YPG), and will be facing the 29th-ranked Atlanta defense from a year ago (398.5 ypg allowed).
When The Falcons Have The Ball (2020)
- The Falcons averaged 3.7 yards per carry last season (31st in the league) compared to the 3.6 per attempt the Buccaneers allowed (first).
- Atlanta had the No. 27 rushing offense in the NFL last year (95.8 yards per game) and is going up against one of the league’s stoutest defenses from a season ago, belonging to top-ranked Tampa Bay (80.6 yards allowed per game).
- The Falcons conceded 41 sacks last year to rank 22nd in the league. The Buccaneers’ defense compiled 48 (fourth-most).
- Atlanta had one of the league’s best passing offenses last season, a fifth-ranked unit that picked up 288.8 yards per game. It will be up against the No. 23 defense in that category from a year ago, owned by Tampa Bay (269.4).
Buccaneers Betting Trends And Insights
- Tampa Bay covered nine times in 16 matchups with a spread last season.
- Last season, the combined scoring went over the point total nine times in Tampa Bay’s games.
- In nine of 20 games last season, Tampa Bay and its opponents combined to total more than 52.5 points.
- The Buccaneers won 10 of the 13 games they were favored on the moneyline last season (76.9%).
Falcons Betting Trends And Insights
- Atlanta went 7-9-0 ATS last season.
- Atlanta’s games went over the point total seven out of 16 times last year.
- Atlanta played seven games last season that ended with a combined score higher than 52.5 points.
- Last season, the Falcons were the underdog 11 times and won three, or 27.3%, of those games.
Buccaneers Players To Watch
- Tom Brady racked up 4,633 passing yards (289.6 per game) with a 65.7% completion percentage last season, while throwing for 40 touchdowns with 12 interceptions.
- A season ago Ronald Jones II picked up 978 rushing yards (61.1 per game) and scored seven touchdowns.
- Last season Giovani Bernard ran for 416 yards on 124 carries (26.0 yards per game), with three rushing touchdowns. Bernard also made an impact in the passing game, with 47 catches for 355 yards and three TDs.
- Last season Mike Evans grabbed 70 passes for 1,006 yards (62.9 per game) with 13 touchdowns.
- Chris Godwin also tacked on 840 receiving yards on 65 grabs and seven touchdowns. He was targeted 84 times, and put up 52.5 yards per game.
- Rob Gronkowski caught 45 passes on 77 targets for 623 yards and seven touchdowns, averaging 38.9 yards per game.
- Jason Pierre-Paul boasted an impressive stat line of 9.5 sacks, 11.5 TFL, 76 tackles, and two interceptions last year.
- Devin White collected 183 tackles, 18.0 TFL, and 9.0 sacks over his last campaign.
- Last season, Carlton Davis grabbed four interceptions and added 84 tackles, 3.5 TFL, and 18 passes defended.
Falcons Players To Watch
- Matt Ryan recorded 4,581 passing yards (286.3 per game) with a 65% completion percentage last year (407-for-626), throwing for 26 touchdowns with 11 interceptions.
- Wayne Gallman rushed for 682 yards on 147 carries (42.6 yards per game) and scored six touchdowns a season ago.
- Last year Mike Davis ran for 642 yards on 165 carries (40.1 yards per game), with six rushing touchdowns. He also caught 59 passes for 373 and two TDs.
- Calvin Ridley grabbed 90 passes for 1,374 yards last season with nine touchdowns. He was targeted 143 times, and averaged 85.9 yards per game.
- Russell Gage also contributed with 786 yards on 72 grabs and four touchdowns. He was targeted 110 times, and averaged 49.1 receiving yards last season.
- Hayden Hurst caught 56 passes on 88 targets for 571 yards and six touchdowns, averaging 35.7 receiving yards per game.
- Last season Deion Jones racked up 4.5 sacks, 11.0 TFL, 139 tackles, and two interceptions.
- Foyesade Oluokun’s 2020 campaign saw him total 156 tackles, 5.5 TFL, 3.0 sacks, and two interceptions.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from