The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of December 22, 2020, 1:41 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Browns vs Jets Betting Odds
Browns vs Jets Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Betting the Total (Over/Under)
- Games involving the Jets this year have averaged 44.2 points per game, a 2.8-point differential when compared to the over/under for this contest.
- Browns games have gone over 47 points on eight occasions this season (57.1% of matchups).
- New York’s games have gone over 47 points on four occasions (28.6% of games).
- This year’s combined scoring average for these two teams (41 points per game) is six fewer than the total for this contest.
- The Browns score the 12th-most points in the league this season, while the Jets’ offense puts up the 32nd-most.
- These two teams yield a combined 56.2 points per game, 9.2 higher than the total for this matchup.
- Cleveland is the NFL’s 23rd-ranked scoring defense while New York is the 28th-ranked.
Browns Betting Insights
- Cleveland’s games have hit the over in eight out of 14 outings this season (57.1%).
- Cleveland is just 6-8 against the spread.
Jets Betting Insights
- Most of New York’s games this year — eight out of 14 — have finished under the point total (57.1%).
- New York has a losing 5-9 record against the spread.
Browns vs Jets: Head to Head
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Total Yards||Result|
|9/16/2019||Browns||Jets||-6.5||45||-286||+250||375-262 CLE||23-3 CLE|
When the Browns Have the Ball
- The average points per game output for the Browns this season, 26.3, is 3.2 fewer than the 29.5 the Jets have given up in each contest.
- When they meet or go over their scoring average this season, Cleveland is 7-1 and 4-4 against the spread.
- When the New York defense allows 29.5 points or fewer this year, the Jets have put together a 1-4 overall record and a 2-3 record against the spread.
- The Jets defense has surrendered an average of 392.7 yards per game this season, 17.3 yards more than the 375.4 the Browns offense has averaged.
- The Browns pick up 5.9 yards per play while the Jets allow 5.8 per play.
- When the Cleveland offense puts together a game with at least their 2020 average in yardage, they are 7-1 overall and 4-4 against the spread this season.
- When the New York defense allows less than their season average for total yards, they are 2-5 against the spread and 1-6 overall.
- The Jets have allowed opposing rushing attacks to average 112.9 yards per game, compared to the 152.6 yards the Browns offense has averaged on the ground per contest.
- When Cleveland rushers gain at least a combined 152.6 yards this season, they are 5-0 overall and 2-3 against the spread.
- When New York holds opposing teams to 112.9 rushing yards or fewer this year, they are 2-4 against the spread and 0-6 overall.
- The Browns have turned the ball over 1 time per game this season, while the Jets have averaged 1.2 takeaways per contest.
- In games where they turn the football over 1 time or fewer this season, Cleveland is 9-2 overall and 5-6 against the spread.
- New York’s record this season when they force more than 1.2 turnovers: 1-4 ATS, 0-5 overall
When the Jets Have the Ball
- The Jets average 14.7 points per game, 12 fewer than the Browns give up per contest (26.7).
- New York is 4-2 against the spread and 1-5 overall a season ago when the team notches at least 14.7 points.
- This season, Cleveland has a 4-4 record against the spread and a 7-1 record overall in games when it holds opponents to 26.3 or fewer points.
- The Jets average 86.3 fewer yards per game (271.1), than the Browns allow per outing (357.4). On average, the Jets pick up 4.6 yards per play, while the Browns give up 5.6 per play.
- Cleveland has a 4-4 record ATS and a 6-2 record overall when holding its opponents to 357.4 yards or less.
- This season, the Jets pile up 102.9 rushing yards per game, just eight fewer yards per game than the Browns allow per contest (110.9).
- When New York rushes for at least 102.9 yards, it compiled a 1-5 ATS record and a 0-6 overall record.
- Cleveland is 6-4 against the spread and 9-1 overall when holding opponents to 110.9 rushing yards or less.
- This year, the Jets turn the ball over 1.2 times per game, 0.2 fewer turnovers per game than the 1.4 the Browns force on average.
- New York is 3-6 against the spread and 1-8 overall when it turns the ball over 1.2 or fewer times.
- When it forces 1.4 or more turnovers, Cleveland has a 5-1 record against the spread and a 6-0 record overall.
Browns Players to Watch
- Baker Mayfield leads the team with 3,082 passing yards (220.1 yards per game) and has a 64% completion percentage this year (260-of-406) while throwing 25 touchdowns and eight interceptions.
- Nick Chubb has taken 165 carries for a team-leading 931 rushing yards (93.1 yards per game) while scoring 10 touchdowns in 10 games.
- Kareem Hunt has 793 yards on 184 carries (56.6 ypg), with five rushing touchdowns. He also has 34 catches for 259 yards (18.5 ypg) and five touchdowns.
- This season, Jarvis Landry has 67 catches (on 95 targets) to lead the team with 789 yards (56.4 per game) while scoring three touchdowns.
- Rashard Higgins has added 544 yards on 35 grabs with four touchdowns. He has been targeted 49 times and puts up 45.3 receiving yards per game in 12 matchups this year.
- Over 11 games, Austin Hooper has caught 35 passes on 50 targets for 327 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 29.7 receiving yards per game.
- Myles Garrett has notched a team-leading 11 sacks, while adding nine TFL and 40 tackles.
- In 14 games, B.J. Goodson has totaled 91 tackles, two TFL, 0.5 sacks, and two interceptions.
- Denzel Ward has intercepted two passes while adding 44 tackles, one TFL, and 15 passes defended in 11 games.
Jets Players to Watch
- Sam Darnold has thrown for 1,767 yards while completing 59.7% of his passes (178-of-298), with six touchdowns and nine interceptions in 10 games this year (176.7 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 29 times for 194 yards and two touchdowns, averaging 19.4 yards per game.
- Frank Gore has churned out 605 rushing yards (43.2 yards per game) and scored two touchdowns.
- Ty Johnson leads the team with 196 rushing yards on 41 carries (17.8 yards per game), with one touchdown on the ground over the course of 11 games.
- This season, Jamison Crowder has 48 catches (on 76 targets) to lead the team with 576 yards (57.6 per game) while scoring five touchdowns in 10 games.
- Breshad Perriman’s statline this year shows 27 catches for 421 yards and three touchdowns over the course of 10 games. He puts up 42.1 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 47 times.
- Denzel Mims has collected 342 yards on 22 passes with zero touchdowns in 2020, averaging 42.8 yards per game on 41 targets in eight contests.
- Quinnen Williams has seven sacks to lead the team, and has also collected 10 TFL and 55 tackles over 13 games.
- This year, Neville Hewitt has racked up 120 tackles, six TFL, and two sacks.
- Marcus Maye has a team-high two interceptions and has tacked on 72 tackles, three TFL, two sacks, and 11 passes defended.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from