Borgata Sportsbook Bonus Code and Review
Updated August 2022
Borgata Sportsbook debuted online in New Jersey in May 2019 and currently offers new customers the chance to claim $100 in free bets just by making one $20 bet.
New Borgata online sportsbooks will be hitting other states soon, including Pennsylvania.
This review covers how you can unlock the $100 in free bets, along with the best parts of the sportsbook app, options to deposit and cash out at Borgata (and there are many) and available sports bets you can place. We’ll start with the sign-up bonus.
Borgata Sportsbook sign-up bonus
When you join Borgata Sportsbook and enter the code PLAYNJ, you will receive $100 in free bet credits after making one $20 wager. The bonus free bets come in the form of $10 credits, and you have seven days to use them before the bets expire.
However, unlike many online sportsbooks where you enter the bonus code while signing up, at Borgata you will enter the code when you place your initial deposit. The space for supplying the code is directly above the green “Deposit” button, so make sure you enter it before clicking the button.
Borgata Sportsbook bonus code 2022
|Online Sportsbook||Borgata Sportsbook NJ|
|Wager bonus||$100 in free bets with $20 wager|
|Last updated||October 2022|
How the bonus works
The Borgata Sportsbook welcome bonus is straightforward and easy to understand.
- Create a new account with Borgata.
- Enter the code PLAYNJ and make your first deposit.
- Place a bet of $20 or more.
- Receive $100 worth of $10 free bets.
- Use those free bets within one week before they expire.
The only other thing to be mindful of is that with the free bets, you do not get that money back if you win your bet; you only receive the winnings from your free bets.
This is a great welcome bonus and, generally speaking, one of our favorites for any online sportsbook. The reason is simple: You don’t have to make a large deposit or big bet to get the full benefit.
The worst you could do is lose your initial $20 bet and then proceed to lose all ten of your $10 free wagers, and you still only would be out $20 after making $120 in bets. And let’s be real, we’re pretty confident that you’re going to win at least a few of those bets.
Borgata loyalty program
Another considerable benefit of choosing Borgata Sportsbook is that, when you do, you’ll become a part of M life Rewards, which is the loyalty program connected with MGM Resorts.
M life Rewards members are eligible for perks at MGM casinos around the world, including having dedicated sportsbook windows and discounted or even comped hotel rooms based on how much you play.
You earn reward points based on the size of your bet as well as the odds and type of bet you place. The more points you earn, the higher tier you reach and, thus, the more benefits you earn.
Redeem rewards at retail locations
Since M life Rewards is the loyalty program at MGM Resorts around the globe, you will be able to redeem your points at just about any MGM property.
That includes the Bellagio, Aria, Mandalay Bay, Mirage, MGM Grand, Luxor and New York, New York casinos in Las Vegas. There’s also Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa in Atlantic City, Empire City Casino in New York, and MGM Grands in Detroit, Massachusetts and China.
You can check your rewards status online and see what tier you’re in and what rewards you have waiting or are close to achieving.
Borgata Online Sportsbook: Creating a new account
Creating an account is easy. Use this link to visit Borgata Sportsbook and click the “Register” button and then you’ll need to enter your:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Birth date
- Last four digits of your Social Security number
Once you submit, you’ll need to answer some questions to help verify your identity. If you are not able to answer all of them, you’ll need to upload a form of ID, such as a driver’s license. And that’s all it takes to create an account with Borgata.
Borgata sports betting app review
The Borgata Sportsbook app was created in part by Roar Digital, the same entity responsible for the BetMGM Sportsbook. It is for that reason that Borgata’s app shares many similarities with the BetMGM offering.
- Speed: If there is one issue we have with the app, it would be its overall speed. We want to stress that Borgata is not slow, but it is not as responsive as other apps in the industry. When moving from one page to another, especially the promotions page, you’ll notice one to three seconds of lag time. It’s not the end of the world, but still definitely is noticeable.
- Overall performance: Other than the lag-time issue, the overall performance of Borgata’s app is very good. We appreciate how the Easy Parlay page enables you to create your own parlays. The headers also make navigation easy.
- Markets: Borgata has betting markets for all the top sports and leagues. We’ve personally never encountered a time when we couldn’t find odds for a major pro or college game on the Borgata app.
- Live betting: Not only does the Borgata app offer tons of in-game betting options, but it also has a lot of live streaming sports. Be cognizant, though, that you can stream events only if you’ve made a deposit with Borgata, and at this time you’re not going to be able to watch events from major leagues on the app. As for live betting itself, Borgata has a page dedicated to all the live events you can wager on, and individual games even include animations of what is happening in real time.
- Bet slip: Borgata’s betting slip lets you easily place wagers. For round robins in particular you have tons of options, including for selecting a banker (meaning that pick must win). Our one issue is that the default settings are for a $50 wager, but you can change that in your user settings.
- General layout: We have no complaints about the overall layout of the Borgata app. With navigation bars at the top and bottom of pages, it makes moving around pain-free. And easy-to-see links to the homepage, bet slip and your account mean you should always be able to quickly find whatever it is you’re looking for.
- Cashier: Arguably the best part of Borgata is its cashier because of the plethora of options you have for depositing and withdrawing money in your account. Just click on My Account > Cashier and you’ll be able to efficiently make deposits and withdrawals, and check your payment history.
Borgata sports betting site review
The Borgata Sportsbook website offers users nearly the same experience as the Borgata app, just customized for a desktop or laptop computer. Overall, everything is located in just about the same spot on the browser version as on the Apple and Android version.
The one issue we did experience with using the Borgata website was that we were unable to have our location confirmed while using Safari on a MacBook. When we switched to Google Chrome on the same device, everything worked perfectly.
Other than that potential anomaly, we expect that your level of satisfaction should be pretty much the equivalent of what it is with the Borgata app.
Overall Borgata user experience
Borgata Sportsbook has plenty of features that sports bettors should be happy with, chief among them the Easy Parlay maker. On top of that, both the Borgata app and website are easy to use and offer quality odds on a variety of sports, with tons of betting choices, as well.
Our No. 1 complaint for both the app and website is that they are a tiny bit slower than other online sportsbooks, but as long as that isn’t a deal-breaker for you, Borgata is a very satisfactory sportsbook.
How does Borgata benefit casual bettors?
One of the best parts about online sportsbooks, in general, is how easy it is to place bets. If you are new to online sports betting, you always get to take a few extra seconds to make sure you are betting on exactly what you want and that your stake and potential return and adequate.
Another way that Borgata is great for casual bettors is its Easy Parlay builder. Being able to see all the games going on for top leagues and being able to change markets and add selections is spectacular.
How does Borgata benefit experienced bettors?
We mentioned that the Easy Parlay builder was great for casual bettors. Well, guess what, it’s great for experienced bettors, too. Just because something is simple and easy doesn’t mean it’s not also good. If you love making parlays, Borgata simply makes it much easier and faster to do so.
Another aspect that we think experienced bettors will like about Borgata is its round robin betting options. We haven’t come across many online oddsmakers who offer the ability to have a banker selection when creating your round robins.
Borgata betting options
Using the Borgata Sportsbook app, you can create just about every type of sports wager there is. Of course Borgata has moneyline bets, spreads and over/unders available. You also will find tons of prop betting choices.
When it comes to multi-wagers, Borgata lets users create parlays and round robins for all sports and teasers for football and basketball contests. Round robins at Borgata also allow you to add a banker, which means that selection has to be right in order for any of your round robins to win. Borgata also has an abundance of futures markets for you to wager on. Finally, you can live bet on practically any major sport and even lots of the minor ones at Borgata.
What’s not available at Borgata
For the most part, the only bets or sports not available at Borgata are those that are prohibited under New Jersey gambling law. That means you cannot wager on any college games involving New Jersey-based schools. You also cannot bet on any NCAA events that take place in the state.
Borgata odds boost
Borgata does offer odds boosts, but unfortunately, they are not always the best odds you will find on the sportsbook. Odds boosts appear on a scrolling marquee, and many of them are prebuilt parlay offers. However, we’ve found that sometimes you can get better odds by creating the exact same parlay on your own. So be sure to always check this if you see an offer you like.
Borgata sports lines
We compared the odds on Borgata to those of FanDuel, BetMGM, FOX Bet, DraftKings and PointsBet. Overall, Borgata never had the absolute best lines, but it was tied for the best for some games, and its odds always were very reasonable. Pricing is something that you should keep an eye on no matter what sportsbook(s) you do business with, to help ensure that you are getting the best deal.
How to deposit and cash out winnings
Borgata Sportsbook has a boatload of ways to deposit and withdraw your money. Here are all of them, starting with deposits:
- Online bank transfer
- Instant bank transfer
- Bank wire transfer
- Credit or debit card
- Play+ prepaid card
And here are all the ways you can cash out at Borgata:
- Online bank transfer
- Instant bank transfer
- Play+ prepaid card
- Check by mail
If you are in New Jersey, ou also can deposit and withdraw funds by going to the casino cage at the Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa. 1 Borgata Way, Atlantic City.
Is Borgata legal and safe?
Yes, Borgata Sportsbook is safe and legal. You must be at least 21 years old and in the relevant state at the time you make any bets. That is why you must have some form of geolocation technology on your computer, smartphone, laptop or tablet. If the software is unable to confirm your location, you won’t be able to wager.
- Borgata online sportsbook New Jersey. Borgata is licensed to offer sports betting in NJ, where sports betting is overseen by the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement. Borgata’s land-based partner in the Garden State is the Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa in Atlantic City. The Borgata Sportsbook app went live in New Jersey on May 14, 2019, while the retail sportsbook, Borgata Race & Sportsbook, debuted on June 14, 2018.
- Borgata online sportsbook Pennsylvania. The Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board has deemed the Borgata to be a Qualified Gaming Entity (QGE), which means they can launch in state without a land-based partner. They launched online casino and online poker in February and April of 2021, respectively, and we expect an online sportsbook to follow close behind.
How to contact customer support
To get in touch with Borgata’s help desk, you must first answer a series of FAQs that attempt to solve your problem. If that works, great. If not, you can say you still need more help.
Then you are able to begin a live chat (accessible 24 hours a day) or send an email via the website or app. After doing that, you must wait for someone from Borgata to contact you. You also can call 877-448-5833 to reach the general Borgata service desk to help answer your questions.
History of Borgata
Construction on Borgata began in September 2000 in Atlantic City where Steve Wynn and Mirage Resorts originally planned on building a hotel and casino called Le Jardin. On July 2, 2003, Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa opened and was the most successful casino in Atlantic City until 2017.
Zip ahead to 2018, and Borgata opens its retail sportsbook on site. The following year, thanks in part to a partnership between MGM Resorts and GVC Holdings, Borgata launched its sports betting app on May 14, 2019, the 15th such app in New Jersey.
Borgata Sportsbook PA is expected to launch in 2021, with other states likely to follow down the road.