The Boise State Broncos (0-1) hit the field against the UTEP Miners (2-0) in college football play at Albertsons Stadium in Boise, Idaho. The Broncos () start the action on September 10, 2021 at 9:30 PM ET on FS1 against the Miners ( on the moneyline to win). A point total of points has been set for the matchup.
Check out this article before you make a bet on this game for the best available odds and everything else you need to know about the contest — from team and player stats to key metrics, betting insights and more.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of September 10, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Boise State Vs. UTEP Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
Boise State Offense Vs. UTEP Defense
|Broncos Offense||Stats (Rank)||Miners Defense|
|31.0 (58)||Points/Gm||15.5 (46)|
|283.0 (110)||Yards/Gm||261.5 (27)|
|263.0 (48)||Pass Yards/Gm||152.0 (33)|
|20.0 (127)||Rush Yards/Gm||109.5 (58)|
|6.7 (82)||Yards/Pass||5.5 (37)|
|0.8 (127)||Yards/Rush||3.7 (64)|
|28.6% (100)||3rd Down %||21.7% (19)|
|1 (33)||Turnovers||3 (15)|
|0 (1)||Sacks||5 (10)|
UTEP Offense Vs. Boise State Defense
|UTEP Offense||Stats (Rank)||Boise State Defense|
|34.0 (52)||Points/Gm||36.0 (104)|
|461.0 (40)||Yards/Gm||573.0 (126)|
|216.0 (66)||Pass Yards/Gm||318.0 (116)|
|245.0 (27)||Rush Yards/Gm||255.0 (116)|
|10.0 (26)||Yards/Pass||8.6 (105)|
|5.3 (35)||Yards/Rush||5.3 (106)|
|30.4% (95)||3rd Down %||58.8% (118)|
|3 (101)||Turnovers||2 (34)|
|2 (53)||Sacks||3 (37)|
When Boise State Has The Ball
- The Broncos are 110th in college football, gaining 283.0 yards per game, while the Miners rank 27th in yards conceded (261.5).
- Boise State converts 28.6% of its third-down plays (100th in college football). UTEP’s defense gives up third-down conversions at a 21.7% clip (19th).
- The Broncos have the 127th-ranked rushing offense in the FBS (20.0 yards per game). They face the Miners’ 58th-ranked rushing defense, which gives up 109.5 on the ground per game.
- Boise State averages 0.8 yards per carry (127th in college football) compared to the 3.7 per rushing attempt UTEP allows (64th in the FBS).
When UTEP Has The Ball
- The Miners’ rushing game ranks 27th in the FBS (245.0 yards per game). The Broncos give up 255.0 rushing yards per game (116th).
- Boise State’s defense ranks 126th in yards allowed per game (573.0), while UTEP’s offense is 40th in college football at 461.0 yards per game.
- The Miners rank 26th in the FBS at 10.0 yards per pass attempt. The Broncos allow 8.6 yards per passing play (105th in college football).
- UTEP ranks 35th with 5.3 yards per carry, compared to the 5.3 per rush Boise State gives up (106th in the FBS).
Boise State Betting Trends And Insights
- The Broncos have not played as the moneyline favorite so far this season.
UTEP Betting Trends And Insights
- This is the first time the Miners will play as underdogs this season.
Boise State Players To Watch
- This year, Hank Bachmeier has recorded 263 passing yards (263.0 yards per game) while going 25-for-39 (64.1% completion percentage) and throwing two touchdowns and one interception.
- Andrew Van Buren has rushed for a team-leading 26 yards on 10 carries (26.0 yards per game) while scoring one touchdown.
- So far this year Cyrus Habibi-Likio has run for 23 yards on 12 carries (23.0 ypg).
- Khalil Shakir has five catches and paces his team with 91 receiving yards (91.0 ypg) while scoring two touchdowns.
- Stefan Cobbs has hauled in four catches for 63 yards (63.0 yards per game).
- Octavius Evans has 32 receiving yards on four receptions, averaging 32.0 yards per game.
UTEP Players To Watch
- Gavin Hardison leads the team with 432 passing yards (216.0 yards per game) and has a 64.1% completion percentage this year (25-of-39) while throwing four touchdowns with one interception.
- Ronald Awatt has churned out a team-best 200 rushing yards (100.0 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Willie Eldridge has run for 122 yards on 18 carries (61.0 yards per game) this year.
- This season Jacob Cowing has seven receptions for a team-high 181 receiving yards (90.5 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Justin Garrett’s stat line this year shows nine catches for 119 yards and one touchdown. He puts up 59.5 receiving yards per game.
- Tyrin Smith is averaging 76.0 yards per game, racking up four receptions for 76 yards.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from