The Buffalo Bills enter a showdown against the New England Patriots in the AFC Wild Card round. The Patriots, on the moneyline to win, travel to face the Bills, listed at on the spread, on January 15, 2022 at 8:15 PM ET on CBS. The point total for the game is set at points.
Read this article before you make a bet on this game for updated odds and everything else you need to know about the contest — from injury news and player stats to key metrics, weather conditions, and more.
The betting trends in this article use the latest odds as of January 15, 2022 at 8:12 PM ET. See below for a table with the latest odds for this outing and get up to $1,000 Risk Free Bet at BetMGM today!
Bills Vs. Patriots Betting Odds
Bills Vs. Patriots Player Props
Bills Vs. Patriots Betting Angles
Bills Vs. Patriots Weather
The weather report for Orchard Park on Saturday is dry (few clouds) and calm (6 mph winds), with a high temperature of 7 degrees Fahrenheit (as of 8:12 PM on January 15).
Bills Vs. Patriots Injury Report
|Bryan Cox Jr.||DE||Achilles||Out|
New England Injuries
Bills Offense Vs. Patriots Defense
|Bills Offense||Stats (Rank)||Patriots Defense|
|28.4 (3)||Points/Gm||17.8 (2)|
|0.42 (7)||Points/Play||0.29 (1)|
|381.9 (5)||Yards/Gm||310.8 (4)|
|261.8 (10)||Pass Yards/Gm||202.2 (2)|
|129.9 (6)||Rush Yards/Gm||123.7 (22)|
|5.7 (10)||Yards/Play||5.1 (3)|
|6.8 (21)||Yards/Pass||6.4 (2)|
|4.8 (5)||Yards/Rush||4.5 (22)|
|46.4% (3)||3rd Down %||36.5% (5)|
|62.3% (7)||Red Zone %||47.9% (2)|
|22 (13)||Turnovers||30 (3)|
|27 (2)||Sacks||36 (18)|
Patriots Offense Vs. Bills Defense
|Patriots Offense||Stats (Rank)||Bills Defense|
|27.2 (6)||Points/Gm||17.0 (1)|
|0.44 (3)||Points/Play||0.29 (1)|
|353.4 (15)||Yards/Gm||272.8 (1)|
|241.1 (14)||Pass Yards/Gm||179.2 (1)|
|126.5 (8)||Rush Yards/Gm||109.8 (13)|
|5.7 (10)||Yards/Play||4.6 (1)|
|7.7 (5)||Yards/Pass||5.7 (1)|
|4.4 (11)||Yards/Rush||4.2 (10)|
|43.5% (10)||3rd Down %||30.8% (1)|
|61.9% (11)||Red Zone %||51.1% (6)|
|23 (17)||Turnovers||30 (3)|
|27 (2)||Sacks||41 (11)|
When The Bills Have The Ball
- The Bills’ offense averages 6.8 yards per pass attempt (21st in the NFL). The Patriots’ defense gives up 6.4 yards per passing play (second in the league).
- New England allows 4.5 yards per rushing attempt (22nd in the NFL). Buffalo is fifth in rushing, averaging 4.8 per carry.
- The Bills are No. 2 ranked in the league in sacks conceded (27), up against the pass rush ranked 18th, the Patriots (36).
- Buffalo’s running game ranks sixth in the NFL (129.9 yards per game), while New England allows 123.7 per game (22nd-ranked run defense).
When The Patriots Have The Ball
- The Patriots are the NFL’s 17th-ranked offense in terms of committing turnovers (23), and are up against the third-ranked team in turnovers forced, the Bills (30).
- New England is 15th in the league, racking up 353.4 yards per game, while Buffalo ranks first in yards conceded (272.8).
- The Patriots’ 241.1 passing yards per game ranks 14th in the NFL. The Bills’ defense gives up 179.2 through the air (first in the league).
- Buffalo’s defense has compiled 41 sacks (11th-most in the NFL). New England has conceded 27 sacks to rank second in the league.
Bills Betting Trends And Insights
- Buffalo has compiled a 9-7-1 record against the spread this season.
- The Bills have been favored by 4.5 points or more 12 times this season, and covered the spread in six of those matchups.
- Buffalo’s games have gone over the point total eight out of 17 times this season.
- Buffalo and its opponents have gone over 42.5 combined points in nine of 17 games this season.
- The Bills have won nine of the 14 games they were the moneyline favorite this season (64.3%).
Patriots Betting Trends And Insights
- New England has won 10 games against the spread this year, while failing to cover seven times.
- The Patriots have been an underdog by 4.5 points or more once this season, and covered the spread.
- New England’s games have hit the over nine out of 17 times this season.
- New England has played 10 games this season that have gone over 42.5 combined points scored.
- This season, the Patriots have been the underdog five times and won two of those games.
Bills Players To Watch
- This year Josh Allen has recorded 4,407 yards through the air (259.2 YPG) while completing 63.3% of his passes, with 36 touchdowns and 15 interceptions. He’s also tops on his team with 763 yards on the ground on 122 carries (plus six scores), averaging 44.9 YPG.
- Devin Singletary has taken 188 attempts for a team-leading 870 rushing yards (51.2 per game) and seven touchdowns.
- Stefon Diggs has 103 receptions for a team-high 1,225 yards (72.1 per game) and 10 touchdowns.
- Cole Beasley’s stat line this year reveals 82 catches for 693 yards and one touchdown. He puts up 40.8 receiving yards per game and has been targeted 112 times.
- Emmanuel Sanders has caught 42 passes on 72 targets for 626 yards and four touchdowns.
- Mario Addison has registered a team-leading 7.0 sacks, while adding 8.0 TFL and 29 tackles.
- This season Tremaine Edmunds has racked up 108 tackles, 7.0 TFL, and one interception, leading his team in tackles.
- Micah Hyde has intercepted five passes to lead the team while adding 74 tackles, 4.0 TFL, 1.0 sack, and 10 passes defended.
Patriots Players To Watch
- This season Mac Jones has racked up 3,801 passing yards (223.6 per game) while going 352-for-521 (67.6%) and throwing for 22 touchdowns with 13 interceptions.
- Damien Harris has 202 carries for a team-high 929 rushing yards (54.6 per game) and 15 touchdowns.
- Rhamondre Stevenson has run for 606 yards on 133 carries (35.6 yards per game), with five touchdowns on the ground.
- Jakobi Meyers has been targeted 126 times and has 83 catches, leading his team with 866 yards (50.9 per game) while also scoring two touchdowns.
- Kendrick Bourne has tacked on 55 receptions (on 70 targets) for 800 yards and five touchdowns.
- Hunter Henry has racked up 603 yards on 50 receptions with nine touchdowns, averaging 35.5 yards per game.
- This season Matthew Judon leads the team with 12.5 sacks and has added 14.0 TFL and 60 tackles.
- Ja’Whaun Bentley’s 109 tackles, 5.0 TFL, and 1.0 sack make him the team’s top tackler.
- This season J.C. Jackson leads the team with eight interceptions and has added 58 tackles, 2.0 TFL, and 23 passes defended.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from