Here is a look at the top offers from legal US sportsbooks. This page will be regularly updated with promos for new and existing online sportsbook users, with the latest odds boosts and prop bets.
The offers you’ll find here are from sportsbooks like DraftKings Sportsbook, FanDuel Sportsbook, BetMGM, PointsBet and Caesars Sportsbook.
List of the top football betting promos for October 2021
|Sportsbook||Bonus Offer||Promo Code|
|DraftKings Sportsbook||Up to $1,050 Free||Click to claim now|
|FanDuel Sportsbook||$1,000 Risk Free Bet||Click to claim now|
|BetMGM Sportsbook||$1,000 Risk Free Bet||PLAYBONUS|
|Caesars Sportsbook||$5,000 Risk Free Bet||LEGALRF|
|PointsBet Sportsbook||Up to $2,000 Free||BETBONUS|
|BetRivers Sportsbook||Up to $250 Free||PLAY250|
New players at DraftKings Sportsbook can deposit a minimum of $5 and get $50 free. The site also offers a 20% deposit bonus, up to $1,000.
Special Promo: DraftKings NFL Special - Bet $5, Get $200! Money line wager $5 on any NFL team to win, and if your team wins, you win $200 in free bets in addition to your cash winnings from the wager. Plus, a $50 free bet and a 20% bonus up to $1,000 on your first deposit - To Claim Click This Link
New players at FanDuel Sportsbook can get their first bet refunded as site credit if it loses, up to $1,000. No promo code is required. Use the link below to claim this offer.
FanDuel also has Multi-Sport Parlay Insurance. Bet a five-leg or larger parlay and if it loses, the site will offer a free bet in the amount wagered, up to $20.
Pick any NFL game and get a same-game parlay. Click the Same Game Parlay tab to build from the props, spread, and total prices. Wager three legs or more that total +200 or greater payout and if the bet loses, receive the amount wagered as a free bet, up to $10.
New players get a Risk-Free bet up to $500 on fixed odds and a Risk-Free bet up to $1,500 on any Pointsbetting market as part of PointsBet’s 2 Risk-Free Bets Up to $2,000 promotion. Losing bets will be re-paid in site credit.
- Refer a friend to get $50 for each account. Send the unique link to start the sign-up process to get the bonus.
- The site now features single-game parlays for all NFL action. Select a game, click Single Game Parlay, and go through the traditional and Pointsbetting options.
Sign up for PointsBet Sportsbook here and use the bonus code BETBONUS on sign up.
New players with BetMGM can get an up to $1,000 risk-free first bet. Just use the bonus code below with a deposit of $10 or more.
For those who prefer to bet in-game, there’s $20 in free bets waiting. Just wager $50 or more in-play and receive the bonus.
Opt-in to bet the First Touchdown Scorer in a game risk free. If the player doesn’t score the first TD, get back the bet as site credit, up to $20.
The site also has the Easy Parlay option to build multi-leg parlays around different games. Select the Easy Parlay icon on the main bar and select from moneylines, spreads, and totals for the week.
Each game has the Parlay Builder option as well. Choose from a variety of pre-built three-leg parlays with differing payouts.
BetMGM Special - Bet $10, Win $200 if your team scores a touchdown - To Claim Click This Link and use bonus code PLAYBONUS
New players at FOX Bet get their first bet Risk-Free. If the wager loses, the amount bet will be offered as site credit, up to $500. No promo code is required for this offer.
Bet a three-leg parlay (-200 odds or better on each leg) for $10 or more Monday through Friday and get an instant $5 free bet. Opt-in to get started on this once a week offer.
Follow @FoxBet on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook to get a chance to win a $100 free bet every Friday morning at 10 AM EST.
(Note: must opt-in to claim risk-free bet. Go to the promotions tab, click on “FIRST BET ON US RISK FREE,” register, click “View challenges” and hit opt-in button.)
Best sports betting sites
How sports betting promos work
Online sportsbook promotions are a great way to get into sports betting. Legal US sportsbooks in new markets offer a variety of promotions to gain activity with new and existing customers.
New sportsbook customers will often find a signup bonus for their first deposit. This kind of sportsbook promotion will give the player bonus dollars to wager with. In return, the sportsbook will acquire a new customer. This is often a win-win for both parties.
Unlike many other mobile apps, sports bettors with existing accounts can also participate in a variety of promotions. Sportsbooks offer better odds regularly for all customers with odds boosts and other similar promotions.
The easiest way to find out about sports betting promotions is to enable notifications on a mobile device with an account. Sportsbooks will often push a notification out on the day when promotions are active.
Players can also easily find sports betting promotions directly on sportsbook websites and apps. This is also where a player will find terms and conditions for each promotion. This is important as sportsbooks all have their own specific rules for a promotion.
The wide variety of sports betting promotions encourage players to open accounts with multiple sportsbooks. Having a variety of sports betting accounts allows players to shop around and wager where they find the best odds. This is a widely forgotten benefit of using sports betting promotions. Finding the best odds is one way to becoming a sharper sports bettor.
Types of sports betting promotions
Online sportsbooks offer a variety of promotions for new and existing customers. The names may vary by sportsbook but the promotions generally fall into the following categories.
- Signup Bonus: A signup bonus is exactly what it sounds like. A sportsbook will give a new customer a bonus just for signing up for a sports betting account and making a deposit.
- Reload Bonus: Again, this is what it sounds like. Existing customers can earn a bonus when they reload their online sportsbook account. This kind of bonus could keep customers active longer.
- Referral: Simply send a personal referral code from an online sportsbook to a new customer and receive bonus credit to place a wager after they sign up and make a deposit. The other player will also receive a bonus for signing up.
- Odds Boost: Online sportsbooks increase the odds for the player on certain wagering options by way of an odds boost. The better the odds for the player, the better the return for a winning wager.
- Insurance: Sometimes an online sportsbook will offer insurance for a specific wager. The company will give the player a betting credit if the particular wager loses. This is sometimes considered a risk-free bet.
- Free Contest: Online sportsbooks will sometimes offer contests specifically for existing players. Prizes may be cash, merchandise or betting credits.
- Free Bet: An online sportsbook might offer a free bet for a particular event or as a reward for making a certain wager. This is usually a bet credit that must be played before cashing out.
- Match Bet: This kind of sportsbook bonus is when a player places a wager. The online sportsbook will match the wager up to a listed amount. Sometimes the match is equal but other times is may be less.
- Online Casino Promotion: Online sportsbooks offer this kind of promotion to persuade players to try different online casino games like blackjack and slots.
- Player Parlay Promotion: An online sportsbook will create special player prop parlay wagers for certain events. This is particularly popular for football games where multiple players must achieve specific goals.
- Loyalty Bonus: Some online sportsbooks have loyalty clubs where players can earn merchandise, free bets, and more based on how much they wager. This kind of bonus gives a player extra loyalty points for certain wagers.
One note about promotional offers from sportsbooks. Bonuses, free bet credits, and cashback may require a playthrough. This kind of requirement means exactly what it says – the user must play the “money” or credit through the sportsbook before cashing out those funds.
For example, if a player deposits $100 in an account a sportsbook could match that money. The $100 from the sportsbook must be used at least once before it can be withdrawn.
There is no single industry standard for a playthrough requirement. Some online sportsbooks will require a single playthrough of the funds. Another sportsbook may require 50 playthroughs of the money or credit. Always check the terms and conditions of the promotion before signing up or placing a wager.
Sportsbook promo code
Many legal US online sportsbooks offer a promo code for new users. The promo codes are mutually beneficial. A sportsbook promo code is an easy way to get the attention of anyone looking for a new online sportsbook. Similarly, the user may get a promo code or direct link to obtain some kind of bonus when they sign up.
A sportsbook promo code may be an offer for a signup bonus, free bet, or both. Unfortunately, promo codes are usually good for new users only. A sportsbook customer may obtain a bonus by sharing their own personal promo code with a new user.
Using a sportsbook promo code is simple. Either enter a code at the online sportsbook when signing up for a new account or simply click a direct link that will populate the promo code in an online sportsbook.
Similar to online sportsbook bonuses, the money from the promo code may require a playthrough. Always read the terms and conditions to understand the requirements of signing up for a new sportsbook account.
Why do sportsbooks offer promo codes?
Online sportsbooks offer promo codes to attract customers. It’s as simple as that. The promo code offer is usually a sum large enough to entice a potential new or inactive user.
New customers are crucial for online sportsbooks to increase their customer base. There are very few sports bettors who win large sums of money over time. The acquisition of a new customer is often seen as someone who a sportsbook will make money from while active. Whatever the size of the promo code, a sportsbook company assumes the player will return that money and more over time.
Some sportsbooks will offer re-activation promo codes and bonuses for players that haven’t made a wager in a while. An online sportsbook is intelligent and understands the betting patterns of its customers. Making a promo code available to an old, inactive user could be another way for a sportsbook to generate revenue from a dormant customer.
Sportsbook promo FAQ
What is a sportsbook promo?
A sportsbook promo could be a free bet, match play, odds boosts, or other bonus.
Do I have to be a new customer to use a sportsbook promo?
It depends on the type of promotion. New customer bonuses are obviously not for players with existing accounts. However, new and existing customers may use odds boosts and other promotions.
What is a sportsbook playthrough requirement?
A customer must play through a certain sum of money from a sportsbook promo before withdrawing the funds.
Who is eligible for a sportsbook promo?
Sports bettors 21 or older in a state with legal online sportsbooks.
Where are sportsbook promotions available?
Websites like TheLines share sportsbook promos when detailing odds and information from different online sportsbooks.
When do I have to use a sportsbook promo?
All sportsbook promos have different requirements. Always check the terms and conditions before accepting a sportsbook promo.
Why do sportsbook promos exist?
Simply put, a sportsbook promo is intended to attract customers to place wagers.
Can I sign up for an account and withdraw sportsbook promo money right away?
No. The sportsbook promo usually has a playthrough requirement before those funds can be withdrawn