Online sportsbooks change their sports betting promo codes very often. This page will showcase the best sportsbook promo codes available in December 2023. You will find the best ways to get started at sportsbooks like Caesars Sportsbook, the BetMGM app, FanDuel, Bet365, and BetRivers.
The sports betting promos include bonus bets, odds boosts, first bet insurance, and deposit match offers. These bonus offers can be used on various wagering markets, like props, parlays, futures, moneylines, and spreads. Click PLAY NOW below to get started.
As previously noted, there are a multitude of legal sportsbooks from which to receive sports betting bonuses. We’ll run through each with a thorough explanation of the latest offers.
If you’re interested in betting on the NFL during the fall and winter months, there are plenty of football bonus codes to get you started.
|Sportsbook||Bonus Offer||Promo Code|
|Caesars Sportsbook||$1,000 First Bet on Caesars||THELINES1000|
|BetMGM Sportsbook||Up to $1,500 back in Bonus Bets if you don’t win||THELINES|
|BetRivers Sportsbook||Up to $500||LINESRIV|
|FanDuel Sportsbook||Bet $5 on any moneyline with FanDuel and get $150 in Bonus Bets if your team wins||Click to claim promo|
|Bet365 Sportsbook||First Bet Safety Net up to $1,000|
OR, Bet $5, Get $150 in Bonus Bets
|THELINESCO for Colorado
THELINESIA for Iowa
THELINESKY for Kentucky
THELINESNJ for New Jersey
THELINESOH for Ohio
THELINESVA for Virginia
|DraftKings Sportsbook||Get up to $1,200 in Bonuses in all states.|
Get up to $200 in Bonus Bets in MA.
|Click to claim promo|
Best Sports Betting Promos In Detail
1. Caesars Sportsbook: Use Promo Code THELINES1000
New users will get a $1,000 First Bet on Caesars. The Caesars promo code is THELINES1000. New and existing customers who bet with Caesars Sportsbook also earn Caesars Rewards and Tier Credits. The six different Caesars Rewards levels are: gold, platinum, diamond, diamond plus, diamond elite, and seven stars. The more tier credits you earn, the more perks you receive.
Meanwhile, rewards credits are the true rewards that you can redeem for bonus bets, along with free or discounted hotel rooms, food, and free casino play. Caesars converts every reward credit into one cent.
After using the Caesars promo code, you can bet on almost any sport under the sun. There are daily profit boosts for most sports. A recent example was from the MLB Playoffs. The Caesars promo was titled “Playoff Dingers.” By opting in, bettors received 25 percent profit boosts to use on a player to hit a home run market for any postseason game.
- Bonus offer: $1,000 First Bet on Caesars
- Best feature: Caesars Rewards
- App Store rating: 4.6 (Apple), 4.4 (Google)
- Payout speed: Same day based on approval
2. BetMGM Sports Betting App: Use Bonus Code THELINES
New players with BetMGM are eligible to receive up to $1,500 back in bonus bets if you don’t win your first bet. In order to receive this promotion to its fullest extent, use the BetMGM bonus code THELINES with a deposit of $10 or more.
The site also utilizes a “One Game Parlay” option, allowing bettors to build multi-leg parlays around single games. This tool is located on the main bar for most major sporting events.
BetMGM also has a great rewards program, and one of its offers for the NFL season includes a chance to win tickets to Super Bowl 58. By betting at least $100 throughout the week, MGM bettors get one ballot to the “Touchdown in Vegas” Super Bowl contest.
Experienced sports bettors will love BetMGM because of all of its options. You can combine multiple Same Game Parlays with SGP+ and try teaser bets on football and basketball.
- Bonus offer: Up to $1,500 back in Bonus Bets if you don’t win
- Best feature: Great daily odds boosts
- App Store rating: 4.8 (Apple), 4.5 (Google)
- Payout speed: Pays in 6 hours
Sign up for BetMGM Sportsbook here with the bonus code THELINES.
3. BetRivers Sportsbook: Use Promo Code LINESRIV
Just enter our BetRivers sports betting promo code LINESRIV during your registration. Once you complete your initial deposit, you’ll need to enter the BetRivers deposit code SPORTS. This two-step process doesn’t reflect the simplicity of receiving this sportsbook’s promo offer.
After correctly following these steps and placing your first bet on BetRivers, you’ll be refunded with a bet credit — up to a maximum of $500 — should the wager lose.
Let’s say deposit $300 and then place a $300 bet. If the wager doesn’t come to fruition in your favor, your account will be credited within 24 hours. You’ll then have 30 days to use the credit before its expiration.
You can start betting on sports after using the BetRivers promo code to get your welcome bonus. BetRivers will give you daily house specials with boosted odds. Bettors will also want to check out BetRivers’ “Prop Central” tab, where plenty of props are available to bet on every day.
- Bonus offer: Up to $500
- Best feature: House special betting options
- App Store rating: 4.5 (Apple), 4.4 (Google)
- Payout speed: Instantly upon approval
4. FanDuel Sportsbook: No Code Required
FanDuel has a great welcome offer of bet $5 on any moneyline and get $150 in Bonus Bets if your team wins.
FanDuel is one of the most trusted brands in the sports betting space. The site rewards its users with parlay insurance on select games. There are also daily odds boosts on NFL, NBA, MLB, and college football games.
- Bonus offer: Bet $5 on any moneyline with FanDuel and get $150 in Bonus Bets if your team wins
- Best feature: Same Game parlays
- App Store rating: 4.8 (Apple), 4.7 (Google)
- Payout speed: Pays in 6 hours
5. Bet365 Bonus Code: Use Promo Code THELINESCO for Colorado, THELINESIA for Iowa, THELINESNJ for New Jersey, THELINESOH for Ohio, THELINESVA for Virginia, THELINESKY for Kentucky
This sports betting app is offered in a limited number of states, including Colorado, Iowa, Kentucky, New Jersey, Ohio, and Virginia. If you reside in or are visiting one of those states, new bettors can choose between a First Bet Safety Net up to $1,000 OR Bet $5 Get $150 in Bonus Bets.
You’re required to deposit at least $10 and bet at least $1 to qualify. The value of these bonus bets isn’t factored into your net winnings as long as those bets cash in.
Bet365 allows users to bet on same game parlays and has an early payout offer for select NFL games. The way this works is you get your bet paid out if the team you back goes up by 17 points or more at any point in the contest.
- Bonus offer: First Bet Safety Net up to $1,000 OR, Bet $5, Get $150 in Bonus Bets
- Best feature: Generous welcome bonus for new bettors
- App Store rating: 4.3 (Apple), 2.0 (Google)
- Payout speed: Same day based on approval
6. DraftKings Sportsbook: No Code Required
The DraftKings promo code provides one of the best sports betting welcome bonuses around. New users in all states at DK can get up to $1,200 in bonuses. New DraftKings users in Massachusetts will get up to $200 in Bonus Bets.
Just like any of the other sportsbooks that are listed, you can use your bonus bets on MLB futures, such as which team will win the World Series this season. If you’re using your cash funds on single-game bets, this strategy tends to be the most lucrative option for bonus bets, as your “bonus stake” won’t be included in your net winnings.
DraftKings is a trusted brand in the US sports betting space, largely due to its daily fantasy origins. The DraftKings sports betting app has daily pools contests, including free entry options. Some of these pools have prizes up to $25,000 or more.
- Bonus offer: Get up to $1,200 in Bonuses in all states; In MA – Get up to $200 in Bonus Bets
- Best feature: Expansive live betting options
- App Store rating: 4.8 (Apple), 4.6 (Google)
- Payout speed: Instantly upon approval
Other Top Sportsbook Bonuses
Here are other top sportsbook promos for this week.
DraftKings Sportsbook Tourney Tuesday
DraftKings Sportsbook is offering a single-use 25% profit boost token eligible to be used with any NBA bet for the two In-Season Tournament quarterfinal-round games being played on Tuesday, 12/5. Maximum bet is $25 and a minimum of -500 odds per leg apply when the boost is used with any same-game parlay.
BetRivers Quick Picks
BetRivers is offering several pre-built NBA same-game parlays for Tuesday night’s games, including:
- A four-leg parlay for the Knicks-Bucks clash with +1300 odds that cashes if the Bucks’ Giannis Antetokounmpo finishes over 48.5 points + rebounds + assists, the Knicks’ Julius Randle and Jalen Brunson both finish with over 36.5 points + rebounds + assists and the Bucks’ Damian Lillard finishes with over 37.5 points + rebounds + assists.
- A four-leg parlay for the Suns-Lakers battle with +1200 odds that cashes if the game finishes with over 229 total points, the Suns cover a -5.5-point spread, the Suns’ Devin Booker finishes with over 2.5 made three-pointers and the Suns’ Kevin Durant scores over 30.5 points.
FanDuel Sportsbook No Sweat Same Game Parlay
FanDuel Sportsbook is offering a 3+ leg risk-free same-game parlay bet on either of Tuesday’s two nationally televised TNT games, the Knicks-Bucks and Suns-Lakers In-Season Tournament quarterfinal-round contests. Wagers must have final odds of +400 or longer to qualify and all legs must involve either of the two games. Refunds, if applicable, are issued to user in Bonus Bets within 72 hours of settlement.
How we rate sports betting bonuses
The sports betting experts at TheLines always seek the best bonuses and promos from new sports betting sites. It is important to remember that not all sportsbook bonuses hold the same value.
You will get some amazing offers when you first sign up at one of the sportsbooks mentioned above. However, these offers are constantly changing, so it’s important to grab one that is best for you in a timely fashion.
For instance, legal sports betting launched earlier this year in Massachusetts. DraftKings ran a promo for new users in which you could get +100 odds on the Boston Celtics to score 1 point against the Houston Rockets. TheLines would rate this as an elite bonus that you should take advantage of. Sportsbooks will initially run these “No Brainer” promos to entice users to sign up and then to keep them returning to their book in search of similar deals. Unfortunately, these offers come and go rather quickly, depending on upcoming games and sporting events.
We encourage line shopping when making a bet so you can get the maximum payout. And the same goes for many of these “lower tier” sportsbooks odds boosts and promos.
Sportsbooks often have similar, if not identical, “lower tier” odds boosts on games. If you want to be profitable when betting on sports, you will want to find the best odds, odds boosts, and promos available. For instance, let’s say Caesars Sportsbook has an odds boost of Nikola Jokic or Jamal Murray to score the game’s first field goal at +270. DraftKings, meanwhile, has that same prop at +290. You’d want to bet at DraftKings instead of Caesars in this scenario.
Sportsbooks to avoid
The Professional and Amateur Sports Protection Act, also known as PASPA, was overturned in 2018. It cleared the way for legalizing sports betting in the US state-by-state. Despite the influx of the legal and regulated sportsbooks listed above, there are still some off-shore and unregulated sportsbooks in operation that you will definitely want to avoid.
Do not use:
- Jazz Sports
How Do Sportsbook Promos & Bonuses Work?
As described above, these promos and bonuses are intended to attain and retain new and current sportsbook customers. Therefore, they’re designed as perks to keep the bettors interested in a given sportsbook — with legal sports betting markets increasing yearly.
The sign-up bonus is the first course of action. This gives the users an opportunity to utilize the sportsbook with (typically) some sort of bonus bet in hand. On top of that, an established account will likely be eligible for more promotions via the sportsbook’s mobile app.
These tend to vary over the year. For instance, DraftKings is currently providing an “NBA No Sweat SGP (same game parlay),” in which a user can receive bonus bets if the SGP loses. Terms and conditions also apply, usually regarding the maximum amount you can bet with this promo.
Plus, some sportsbooks (like Caesars) offer monthly (or loyalty) bonus credit if you wager a certain amount in the previous month. Use the customer support option to determine whether this promotion is worthwhile for you at certain sportsbooks.
Overall, signing up with a variety of ‘books within your state allows you to be eligible for an assortment of promos and the ability to shop around for the best single-game odds, futures odds, or the like. Finding the best odds gives you a better chance at a more “valuable” bet. In the end, it all depends on your handicapping strategy.
Types of Sports Betting Promotions
Online sportsbooks offer a variety of promotions for new and existing customers. The names may vary by sportsbook but the promotions generally fall into the following categories.
- Signup Bonus: A signup bonus is exactly what it sounds like. A sportsbook will give a new customer a bonus for signing up for a sports betting account and depositing.
- Reload Bonus: Again, this is what it sounds like. Existing customers can earn a bonus when they reload their online sportsbook account. This kind of bonus could keep customers active longer.
- Referral: Send a personal referral code from an online sportsbook to a new customer and receive bonus credit to place a wager after they sign up and make a deposit. The other player will also receive a bonus for signing up.
- Odds Boost: Online sportsbooks increase the odds for the player on certain wagering options through an odds boost. The better the odds for the player, the better the return for a winning wager.
- Insurance: Sometimes, an online sportsbook will offer insurance for a specific wager. The company will give the player a betting credit if the particular wager loses.
- Contest: Online sportsbooks will sometimes offer contests specifically for existing players. Prizes may be cash, merchandise, or betting credits.
- Bonus Bet: An online sportsbook might offer a bonus bet for a particular event or as a reward for making a certain wager. This is usually a bet credit that must be played before cashing out.
- Match Bet: This sportsbook bonus is when a player places a wager, and the online sportsbook matches the wager up to a listed amount. Sometimes, the match is equal, but other times, it may be less than the value of the wager.
- Online Casino Promotion: Online sportsbooks offer this kind of promotion to persuade players to try different online casino games like blackjack and slots.
- Player Parlay Promotion: An online sportsbook will create special player prop parlay wagers for certain events. This is particularly popular for football games where multiple players must achieve specific goals.
- Loyalty Bonus: Some online sportsbooks have loyalty clubs where players can earn merchandise, bonus bets, and more based on how much they wager. This kind of bonus gives a player extra loyalty points for certain wagers.
One note about promotional offers from sportsbooks: bonuses, bet credits, and cashback may require a playthrough. This kind of requirement means exactly what it says – the user must bet the “money” or sportsbook bonus through the sportsbook before cashing out those funds.
For example, if a player deposits $100 in an account, a sportsbook could match that money. The $100 from the sportsbook must be used at least once before it can be withdrawn.
There is no single industry standard for a playthrough requirement. Some online sportsbooks will require a single playthrough of the funds. Another sportsbook may require 50 playthroughs of the money or credit. Always check the terms and conditions of the promotion before signing up or placing a wager.
How To Use Sports Betting Bonuses, Promos
Generally speaking, the best way to navigate sports betting bonus codes is to use them for futures bets.
That’s because you’re not receiving the “stake” of the bonus bet in your theoretical net profit, which is noted above. For instance, let’s say a sportsbook user receives a $50 bonus credit and decides to use it on a -130 moneyline wager. If the bet wins, this customer would then inherit $38.46 in his or her sportsbook funding. While you can then account for the stake if you roll over those winnings into another bet, you’re technically losing “value” on the bonus bet.
On the flip side, if a bettor places this bonus wager on a +3000 futures bet, the potential net outcome would be $1,500. Of course, a futures bet has a less likely chance of cashing than a single-game bet — solely based on implied probability. But this thought process revolves around using your “real money” for single-game wagers and your bonus funds for mainly futures bets.
For a full breakdown of futures wagers and specific betting markets, click here.
If you’re an ultra-casual or conservative sports bettor, this advice may not be applicable to you. Mind you, that’s totally fine. These recommendations allow bettors, who plan on being more active users, to fully earn the most “bang for their buck,” if you will.
Bonuses & Promo Reviews (By Sportsbook)
Here’s the most up-to-date listing list of sportsbook reviews, so you can obtain the best bonuses and promotions from the best betting sites.
- Caesars Sportsbook
- BetMGM Sportsbook
- FanDuel Sportsbook
- BetRivers Sportsbook
- Bet365 Sportsbook
- DraftKings Sportsbook
Bonuses & Promos (By State)
With sports betting legalization constantly on the move across the country, the number of sign-up opportunities continues to climb. That said, some states don’t have as many sportsbook licenses as others. To make things easier for you, we’ve gathered which ‘books are associated with every state with legal sports wagering.
For states that don’t yet have legal wagering, we’ve compiled DFS and free-to-play betting site offers for new users.
- Arizona Promo Codes
- Arkansas Promo Codes
- California Betting Promo Codes
- Colorado Promo Codes
- Connecticut Promo Codes
- Illinois Promo Codes
- Indiana Promo Codes
- Iowa Promo Codes
- Kansas Promo Codes
- Kentucky Promo Codes
- Louisiana Promo Codes
- Massachusetts Promo Codes
- Maryland Promo Codes
- Michigan Promo Codes
- New Jersey Promo Codes
- New York Promo Codes
- Pennsylvania Promo Codes
- Ohio Promo Codes
- Tennessee Promo Codes
- Virginia Promo Codes
- West Virginia Promo Codes
- Wyoming Promo Codes
Sportsbook Bonuses FAQ
A promo refers to an incentive a sportsbook operator provides a prospective customer, aiming to attract the bettor to get started or continue to use it. Promos can come in the form of deposit matches, bet credits, or first-bet insurance.
A sportsbook bonus usually comes in the form of a deposit match, bet insurance, odds boost, or bet credit that must be wagered. Bonuses can be offered to new and existing customers.
Playthrough requirements are actions a bettor must take before receiving the full value of the sportsbook bonus. For instance, a sportsbook might offer a $150 sign-up bonus but require a customer to wager the same amount on the site before the credit is added to their account.
Most welcome bonuses require new users to sign up with a promo code, deposit a minimum amount, and make an initial wager on the site. View the codes on this page to sign up today.
New customers 21+ (18+ in some states) and in a legal betting jurisdiction can claim a welcome bonus with a sportsbook. Many require a promo code to get started.
Almost all sportsbook bonuses have an expiration date. They typically expire after 30 days, but some expiration dates are as short as seven days. Expired bonuses are removed from the customer’s account.
They certainly are. These sportsbook promos and bonuses allow new users to explore a given operator and test out different markets. Make sure to always gamble responsibly.
Yes. You can use your sports betting bonuses via a sportsbook app or mobile website. You just need to log in to your account.
You can wager on most major markets with a bonus bet, such as futures odds or even same-game parlays. Check the offer’s terms and conditions for any restrictions.