BetRivers Sportsbook Bonus Code
Updated November 2022
BetRivers $500 Welcome Bonus
BetRivers (also known as Rivers Sportsbook) is part of the Rush Street family, and new users are currently eligible welcome bonus worth a maximum of $500. To claim this bonus simply register a new BetRivers account and enter the BetRivers affiliate code PLAYRIV when doing so.
The company hasn’t wasted any time growing its online sportsbook portfolio by entering several states in the legal sports betting market.
BetRivers plans to spread its wings even further as more states offer legal, regulated sports betting.
So what sets BetRivers apart in the uber-competitive world of sports betting?
Is the platform worth taking the time to check out? Are there any enticing bonuses for sports bettors?
Read on as we explore the answer to those and many other questions about BetRivers.
BetRivers Online Sportsbook bonus
Getting customers in the door and keeping them around awhile is the name of the game for online sportsbooks.
Making that happen isn’t always easy, especially in today’s crowded marketplace. To stand out, an enticing bonus offer can do the trick. You’ll find one of those at BetRivers and it’s quite generous.
New players are entitled to a second chance bet for up to $500 with the BetRivers bonus code PLAYRIV. If you’re in New York, the BetRivers welcome bonus is only good for up to $100.
BetRivers Sportsbook Bonus Code
|Online Sportsbook||BetRivers Sportsbook|
|BetRivers Affiliate Code||PLAYRIV|
|Welcome Bonus||Second chance bet up to $500|
|Legal States||AZ, CO, IL, IN, IA, LA, MD, MI, OH, NJ, NY, PA, VA & WV|
|Last Verified||February 2023|
Do I need a bonus code for BetRivers?
Yes, to be eligible for the promotion, you will need to use this link to visit BetRivers and enter our BetRivers sportsbook bonus code PLAYRIV during registration. Then when you make your opening deposit, you’ll need to enter the BetRivers deposit code SPORTS.
While some bonus offers can be a little confusing and have multiple strings attached, that’s not the case at BetRivers.
Simply place your first bet, if it loses you’ll be refunded with a bet credit up to maximum of $500.
Here’s an example of how it works:
When you sign up at BetRivers, you deposit $100 and then place a $100 bet. If the bet loses, you get a bet credit back within 24 hours. You then have 30 days to use the BetRivers credit before it expires.
Rivers VIP, Loyalty rewards
BetRivers offers iRush Rewards, an excellent loyalty program.
It works in tiers, starting at level one for the lowest level and working up to 11. Just like most casino loyalty programs, players climb the tier ladder depending on how much they play.
Players can keep track of their status easily on-site via a rewards meter, which lets them know where they stand. Players can redeem points in the iRush Rewards store, which features special offers and redemption for bonus opportunities.
For users that advance to the top tiers, VIP-level gifts and events are available. All told, the iRush Rewards program is a solid offering that is laid out clearly for players to understand.
Redeeming rewards at retail locations
Yes, players can redeem iRush Rewards at retail Rush Street locations.
Naturally, the higher a player advances, the more benefits he or she receives. It’s still an intriguing feature that helps to further separate BetRivers from other online operators.
BetRivers Sportsbook Ohio Launch
Owned by Rush Street Interactive, BetRivers had easy access to Ohio when sports betting launched there on January 1, 2023. Rush Street has a partnership with Penn National Gaming. Through this partnership, Rush Street applied for a “second skin license.” The second skin license is granted to the state’s casinos and sports organizations that can show it will benefit the state.
Hollywood Casino ended up being BetRivers’ partner in Ohio, and BetRivers was among the operators go live on New Year’s Day.
Sign up with BetRivers Sportsbook in Ohio and claim a second-chance bet worth up to $500 when you use the BetRivers Ohio affiliate code PLAYRIV in February 2023.
BetRivers Ohio affiliate code for February 2023
|Ohio Online Sportsbook||BetRivers Sportsbook Ohio|
|Ohio Affiliate Code||PLAYRIV|
|Welcome Promotion||Second chance bet up to $500|
|Ohio Partner||Hollywood Casino|
|Launch Date||January 1, 2023|
|Last Verified||February 6, 2023|
Must be 21+. Available in OH only. If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, call 1-800-GAMBLER. Sports gaming is provided in partnership with Dayton Real Estate Ventures, LLC d/b/a Hollywood Gaming at Dayton Raceway.
BetRivers Sportsbook Maryland Launch
The BetRivers retail sportsbook opened in Summer 2022, at Bingo World in Brooklyn Park, Maryland. The brick-and-mortar sportsbook offers 12 self-service betting kiosks and three betting windows. So it was no surprise when the operator was included in the first wave of online sportsbooks to launch in the state as well.
BetRivers sportsbook Maryland came online on November 23, 2022.
BetRivers MD code for February 2023
|Maryland Online Sportsbook||BetRivers Sportsbook|
|Maryland Affiliate Code||PLAYRIV|
|Sign-Up Promotion||Second chance bet up to $500|
|Maryland Partner||Bingo World|
|Launch Date||November 23, 2022|
|Last Verified||February 2023|
BetRivers Sportsbook New York Launch
New York became the first state that BetRivers expanded into when it launched in NY on January 8, 2022. With BetRivers NY now up and running there are nine states featuring BetRivers online sportsbooks.
BetRivers NY allows New York sports bettors the chance to bet on tons of their favorite teams, including the New York Yankees, New York Mets, New York Giants, New York Knicks, New York Rangers, New York Islanders, Brooklyn Nets and a whole lot more. One thing New Yorkers are not able to wager on, however, is NY-based colleges and universities. Under New York sports betting laws, wagering on in-state college teams is prohibited.
With New York being the hub for so many things in life, the only question now is how long before New York supplants New Jersey as the sports betting capital of the US?
BetRivers NY code for February 2023
|New York Online Sportsbook||BetRivers Sportsbook|
|BetRivers New York Affiliate Code||PLAYRIV|
|Welcome Bonus||Second chance bet up to $100|
|Local Partner||Rivers Casino & Resort|
|Last Verified||February 2023|
BetRivers Sportsbook Kansas Launch
Sports betting was legal in Kansas as of July 1, 2022. Sportsbooks were not able to open then, unfortunately, as the framework for sports betting in the Sunflower State was not yet finalized.
We are still waiting to find out which Kansas Casino BetRivers will partner with to gain market access in the state.
BetRivers KS code for February 2023
|Kansas Online Sportsbook||BetRivers Sportsbook|
|Kansas Affiliate Code||PLAYRIV|
|Sign-Up Bonus||Second chance bet up to $500|
|Last Verified||February 2023|
BetRivers Sportsbook Louisiana Launch
BetRivers online sportsbook launched on January 28, 2022, on the first day it was allowed to do so.
Louisiana sports bettors are sure to be excited to wager on their hometown teams the New Orleans State, LSU Tigers and New Orleans Pelicans, just to name a few. However, if you’re in Louisiana you cannot bet remotely if you’re in one of nine parishes that voted against sports betting. Those nine parishes are Caldwell, Franklin, West Carroll, Catahoula, Jackson, LaSalle, Sabine, Union and Winn.
You also are not allowed to bet remotely if you’re on Native American tribal lands controlled by one of these four tribes: Chitimacha Tribe, Coushatta Tribe, Tunica-Biloxi Indian Tribe and Jena Band of Choctaw Indians.
BetRivers LA code for February 2023
|Louisiana Online Sportsbook||BetRivers Sportsbook|
|Louisiana Affiliate Code||PLAYRIV|
|Welcome Bonus||Second chance bet up to $500|
|Last Verified||February 2023|
BetRivers Sportsbook Arizona Launch
Sports betting was legalized in Arizona in April 2021. For many states, the process from legality to launch has taken some time, but things moved quickly in the desert as the official unveiling took place on September 9, 2021. BetRivers got in the action with its launch the following month, going live on October 23.
BetRivers is partnered with the Indoor Football League’s Arizona Rattlers for its sports betting license in the state. There is no word yet as to whether BetRivers plans to open a retail sportsbook in Arizona.
Arizona is a hotbed for sports, and the debut of legalized sports betting quickly turned Arizona into one of the biggest states for online sportsbooks. BetRivers dishes out odds boosts and other promos for local squads like the Arizona Cardinals, Phoenix Suns, Arizona Coyotes, Arizona Diamondbacks and Phoenix Mercury.
College sports betting is also a go here, and there are no restrictions on betting on in-state teams, so wagering on the Arizona State Sun Devils and Arizona Wildcats is popular. Fans of other sports are more than covered as well as the PGA and NASCAR both regularly have events in the area.
BetRivers has a solid betting platform and a very highly-regarded loyalty program for users. As has been the case in other legal states where it’s available, it is carving out its niche in the highly competitive Arizona sportsbook scene.
BetRivers AZ code for February 2023
|Arizona Online Sportsbook||BetRivers Sportsbook|
|Arizona Affilaite Code||PLAYRIV|
|Sign-Up Bonus||Second chance bet up to $500|
|Local Partner||Arizona Rattlers (Indoor Football League)|
|Last Verified||February 2023|
Is BetRivers legal and safe?
The parent company of BetRivers also has holdings in the physical casino sector.
Once the legality of sports betting became more clear cut, the company was ready to act, and it was among the first to launch in several legal states. It’s completely safe to play on BetRivers in the legal states in which it is currently up and running.
Here’s a summary of where BetRivers stands in the following states.
- Arizona Sportsbooks: Sports betting went live in Arizona in September 2021, on the same day the NFL’s 2021-22 season kicked off. BetRivers came online the following month, launching on October 23.
- Colorado Sportsbooks: On May 1, 2020, BetRivers entered Colorado on the license of JP McGills Hotel & Casino.
- Illinois Sportsbooks: Rivers Casino Des Plaines is home to a BetRivers Sportsbook, which launched online in Illinois in June 2020. Unlike other states, Illinois required in-person signup until March 5, 2022. Prior to that date, users had to visit Rivers Casino at 3000 S River Road, Des Plaines to open a new BetRivers Sportsbook account. Now, online registration is a full go in The Land of Lincoln.
- Indiana Sportsbooks: BetRivers launched in the Hoosier State on Oct. 3, 2019, via a partnership with French Lick Resort Casino.
- Iowa Sportsbooks: BetRivers launched in Iowa in late 2020, in partnership with Wild Rose Casino.
- Kansas Sportsbooks: BetRivers could debut in Kansas as soon as 2022. We’re still awaiting word for when online sportsbook will be able to launch in Kansas. We also do not know yet which retail casino BetRivers Sportsbook is going to partner with to gain market access.
- Louisiana Sportsbooks: Louisiana launched retail sports wagering in October 2022. Online sports betting followed suit on January 28, 2022. BetRivers was part of the first operators to launch.
- Maryland Sportsbooks: Maryland online sportsbook debuted on November 23, 2022. BetRivers partnered with Bingo World in Brooklyn Park, Maryland, to launch in the Old Line State.
- Michigan Sportsbooks: Little River Casino Resort in Manistee is the land-based partner for BetRivers in Michigan, which launched in January 2021.
- New Jersey Sportsbooks: The NJ market was serviced by SugarHouse, a sister site in the Rush Street family, until summer 2022. At that point it rebranded to BetRivers.
- New York Sportsbooks: The New York sports betting market could easily become the biggest in the country. It went live on January 8, 2022, which is also the date that BetRivers Sportsbook NY debuted. BetRivers gain its sports betting license in New York thanks to a partnership with Rivers Casino & Resort in Schenectady.
- Ohio Sportsbooks: Ohio sports betting launched on January 1, 2023. BetRivers came online that very day, thanks in part to its licensing partnership with Hollywood Casino.
- Pennsylvania Sportsbooks: Rivers Casino in Pittsburgh serves as the home base for BetRivers, which made its online debut in the Keystone State in June 2019.
- Tennessee Sportsbooks: BetRivers is expected to launch online sports betting in Tennessee. No partner is needed and sports betting is online only.
- Virginia Sportsbooks: The Virginia version of BetRivers online sportsbook went live in January 2021. There are no land-based partners for Virginia’s regulated online sportsbooks operators.
- West Virginia Sportsbooks: BetRivers launched in June of 2022, in partnership with Mountaineer Casino.
Rush Street also has a presence in Connecticut via its PlaySugarhouse brand. Bet Rivers has ambitions towards launching in other states where sports betting is currently legal as soon as possible, and it’ll likely be the same story as new states come online.
Rivers Sportsbook: Creating a new account
The BetRivers sign-up process is quick and painless.
As an interested customer, you need to need to enter a few pieces of information and then your account is all set. When visiting the site for the first time, you’ll see a “Join Now” button in the upper right-hand portion of the screen.
After clicking on that, you’ll begin a three-step process.
Among the items you need to enter are an email address and password for accessing the site, a screen name and, e.g., your address.
This process is all standard operating procedure for legal and regulated online sportsbooks. While signing up, we didn’t come across anything that seemed out of the norm. The entire process takes only a few minutes.
Once you have created your account, you can browse around and get a feel for the site. You’ll find a layout that’s smooth and easy on the eyes, not to mention a whole host of different betting opportunities.
If you’re ready to make your first deposit, you’ll click the deposit button and walk through the clear steps which are laid out.
BetRivers offers several ways to move money in and out, which is another huge positive.
Questions are going to come up from time to time, whether it be about signing up, depositing or about how something works on site. BetRivers offers several support options that are easily accessible to help you out, including live chat.
Rivers Sportsbook App
The parent company of BetRivers has been around the block several times in the gaming sector. The knowledge acquired while doing so has resulted in a platform that is clean, easy to use and chock full of features without appearing clunky or jumbled.
Rivers betting app review
BetRivers has an app available for Android and Apple users that is accessible from the main website.
- Availability: An Android app is available in all legal states that BetRivers services. Users in Pennsylvania will need to use the workaround above on iOS, but an Apple app is available elsewhere.
- Speed: The BetRivers app is quick and responsive, with no noticeable lag time.
- Overall Performance: BetRivers has packed all the bells and whistles into a condensed form. It works well and provides users with a seamless experience.
- Markets: BetRivers offer numerous betting markets and sports, and they all are available on the mobile version.
- Live Betting: This is available on the BetRivers app and is easily accessible from the main screen.
- Bet Slip: The betting slip functions well on mobile and can be minimized and restored without interfering with the overall experience.
- General Layout: The layout is clean and smooth. BetRivers is visually appealing and easy to use.
- Cashier: The cashier function works fine on mobile. We didn’t come across any lags or glitches that prevent users from moving money in and out.
BetRivers browser review
The BetRivers desktop experience is a great one, as well. Navigating around the site is easy, as the layout is clean and clear. You won’t need to do a ton of hunting to find what you want.
In the center of the main screen, you’ll find a rotating list of the current promotions. Right below that is a listing of events that are currently going on or ready to get underway soon.
The left-hand part of the screen is devoted to a listing of sports.
All of the major ones are represented, as well as a nice amount of those in the niche variety. You will also find a clickable link for live betting opportunities.
On the right, the default is a news feed, but this is where the bet slip will appear as you begin building wagers. The slip itself is functional and responsive. You can easily add or take away games or events as needed.
Overall, BetRivers offers a great online experience.
The layout is appealing and makes everything easy to find. There’s plenty of information available at your fingertips, but BetRivers makes it all accessible without cluttering the screen unnecessarily.
BetRivers overall user experience
BetRivers gets high marks in several areas.
The sign-up and deposit functions are clear and easy to use. You’ll be able to take care of business in no time. Once signed up, you’ll find a platform that hits all of the right notes.
The site offers numerous sports and wagering options, all of which are easy to find without having to click around a ton. The bet slip is functional and responsive without being overly sensitive. You can minimize it and restore it with ease.
BetRivers also makes it easy to get help as needed. There’s a live chat feature available for questions that require immediate answers, as well as a help section that is full of relevant information.
How does BetRivers benefit casual bettors?
For casual bettors, a site that’s easy to use is a big plus.
BetRivers nails that part of the equation with a layout that’s both clean and functional. You will be able to find what you are looking for easily.
The help section itself is full of information, including a “QuickStart Sports Betting Guide,” which provides additional clarity on many topics. While this information can be found elsewhere on the internet, it’s a nice touch to have it a click away with no need to exit the site.
How does BetRivers benefit the experienced bettors?
Experienced bettors also appreciate a site that’s easy to use and navigate around. BetRivers online sportsbook offers that, as well as markets for plenty of sports. All of the main bet types are available, as are popular newer options such as live betting.
For experienced bettors, odds that are out of whack in comparison to the general market are generally a breaking point. That’s not an issue at BetRivers, as the oddsmakers seem to be on top of their game.
What’s not available at BetRivers Sportsbook
BetRivers checks off all of the right boxes when it comes to sports available for wagering and the bet types you can place. There might be a niche sport or two that’s available at a competitor and not here, but that’s about it. Naturally, things may vary in certain markets due to in-state restrictions.
- BetRivers Arizona: Betters cannot place prop bets on individual college athletes, but wagering on in-state college teams is allowed.
- BetRivers Colorado: Prop betting on college sports is prohibited, and you can’t wager on eSports or high school sporting events.
- BetRivers Illinois: College sports betting is fine, but not on NCAAB or NCAAF teams based in Illinois. No wagering on non-sporting events.
- BetRivers Indiana: Betting on eSports is a no-no, as is wagering on events with amateur athletes under 18 years of age.
- BetRivers Iowa: No major wagering restrictions.
- BetRivers Kansas: What is and isn’t allowed in Kansas has not been finalized yet, we will update this section when we learn more.
- BetRivers Louisiana: No major wagering restrictions, but you cannot bet unless you’re in one of the 55 Louisiana parishes that approved sports betting. Here are the nine parishes where sports betting remains illegal in Louisiana: Caldwell, Franklin, West Carroll, Catahoula, Jackson, LaSalle, Sabine, Union and Winn.
- BetRivers Maryland: No major betting restriction, wagering on in-state college teams is allowed.
- BetRivers Michigan: No major wagering restrictions.
- BetRivers New Jersey: No major wagering restrictions.
- BetRivers New York: Wagering on New York college teams is not allowed. Neither is high school sports betting or wager on eSports. Also, no betting on awards that are determined by way of voting, so no Super Bowl MVP futures for example.
- BetRivers Ohio: No major wagering restrictions.
- BetRivers Pennsylvania: You can’t wager on the NFL Draft, NBA Draft, or any other amateur draft, or on eSports in the Keystone State.
- BetRivers Tennessee: Mobile betting only and no live betting in college teams.
- BetRivers Virginia: In-state college teams are restricted.
- BetRivers West Virginia: No high school sports allowed.
BetRivers betting options
In short, you’ll find everything you would expect to find on an online sportsbook in today’s day and age.
The same applies to the sports offerings.
All of the major ones are covered, such as the NFL and NBA. Betting is also available on individual sports such as boxing, tennis and golf. BetRivers also offers markets on niche sports such as cycling and rugby.
From a bottom-line perspective, Bet Rivers online sportsbook offers wagers for virtually all of the sports which have a sizable following. While some other sportsbook may offer a niche sport, there’s a good chance you’ll find what you’re looking for at BetRivers.
For wagers, BetRivers lists out the current odds for the game or event of your choosing. If you click on the “NFL” tab, the screen will populate with all of the upcoming games. You’ll see the spread and current odds right away.
If you click on an individual game, you’ll see the other markets available such as props and totals. The Rivers online betting site also lists out alternate lines for each game and the odds they are offering, as well as options for single-game multi-wagers, such as moneyline and total.
What’s not available at BetRivers
BetRivers covers all of the major bet types and sports.
For bets, you’ll find everything from moneyline to live betting and all points in between. Sports run the gamut from the NFL to Australian rules football.
If you’re interested in a specific type of bet, you’ll find it on BetRivers Sportsbook. The same applies to sports types. In both cases, there may be a niche offering that isn’t a standard part of the sports betting landscape.
For everything you would expect to find on a leading sportsbook in today’s marketplace, Bet Rivers online sportsbook has you covered.
BetRivers odds boost
On the main screen, BetRivers features a rotating menu of current promotions. It fits in nicely with the overall landscape of the site and doesn’t intrude on the overall experience.
One of the featured items is typically a clickable link for odds boosts. Clicking on that will populate the screen with current offerings. You may find prop bets tied to a specific player’s performance, or a series of unrelated events that are connected on one wagering opportunity.
The odds boosts change daily, and the Rivers online sportsbook puts them front and center. Also, the company will occasionally send out emails that list out specific odds boost promotions for upcoming events.
To remain competitive, sportsbooks need to offer odds that are at least in line with the general market. Those that miss the mark will eventually see it impact their business, as the legality of sports betting is leading to more educated users than ever.
On BetRivers, we found that the odds and pricing are in range with the market. They were better in some cases, right on point in others and slightly off on other games.
For example, here are the average odds for an NFL game at the major sportsbooks:
- Minnesota Vikings -5 (-110)
- New York Giants +5 (-110)
BetRivers was right in line with the market. However, it was better than average on half of the moneyline for this contest. The average line offered elsewhere on the Vikings was -240, but it was -225 at BetRivers. For the Giants, it was +190 and +180 on site.
The total for the game was right in line with everywhere else at 43.5 points with -110 odds on both sides.
Overall, BetRivers seems to be on top of the market. There may be some outliers, such as the one in our example. However, there are also situations in which the pricing on BetRivers is better than average.
How to deposit and cash out winnings?
Moving money in and out of an online sportsbook shouldn’t be a hassle. It’s not on BetRivers, as there is plenty of funding and withdrawal options available.
All of the standard options you would expect to find are here, including credit cards and online banking. There’s also a PayPal option, which can come in handy for those who have banks that frown upon gambling-related transactions.
The cashier function itself is smooth and easy to use. Everything is laid out clearly, and help is always just a click away if anything comes up along the way.
BetRivers cash at cage option
BetRivers offers a cash at the cage option in a number of markets in which the sportsbook is available. Here’s where you can do business in person with BetRivers.
- BetRivers Arizona: Cash at cage not available at this time.
- BetRivers Colorado: Cash at cage is available at JP McGills Hotel & Casino, 232 Bennett Ave., Cripple Creek, CO 80813.
- BetRivers Illinois: Cash at cage is available at Rivers Casino Des Plaines, 3000 South River Rd., Des Plaines, IL 60018.
- BetRivers Indiana: Cash at cage not available at this time.
- BetRivers Iowa: Three locations: Wild Rose Clinton, 777 Wild Rose Dr., Clinton, IA 52732; Wild Rose Jefferson, 777 Wild Rose Dr., Jefferson, IA 50129; Wild Rose Emmetsburg, 777 Main St., Emmetsburg, IA 50536.
- BetRivers Louisiana: There is no word yet as to whether BetRivers will accept in-person deposits and withdrawals in Louisiana.
- BetRivers Maryland: In-person transactions can be completed at BetRiver Sportsbook at Bingo World, 4901 Belle Grove Road, Baltimore, 21255
- BetRivers Michigan: Cash at cage not available at this time.
- BetRivers New Jersey: You can use the cashier at Golden Nugget casino in Atlantic City.
- BetRivers New York: We cannot guarantee that cash at cage is available, but if it is, we expect it will be through BetRivers Casino & Resort Schenectady, 1 Rush St., Schenectady, NY 12305.
- BetRivers Ohio: Cash at cage not available at this time.
- BetRivers Pennsylvania: Cash at cage is available at Rivers Casino Pittsburgh, 777 Casino Dr., Pittsburgh, PA 15212 and Rivers Casino Philadelphia, 1001 North Delaware Ave., Philadelphia, PA 19125.
- BetRivers Virginia: Mobile betting only.
- BetRivers West Virginia: TBD
BetRivers and sponsorships
Unlike other major sports betting operators, BetRivers isn’t exactly well-known on a national scale. That’s beginning to change. The regional casino company has expanded into several states, and plans call for additional expansion as soon as possible.
BetRivers has also inked deals with VSiN, a sports betting-focused media entity, and the restaurant chain Hooters. On the local market front, BetRivers has signed on as the official betting sponsor of the following.
- Philadelphia Flyers
- Pittsburgh Penguins
The floodgates have started to open up with sports betting sponsorships, so we can expect even more deals to be signed by various companies in the near and distant future. It’s safe to assume that BetRivers will be among those who find some new partners before too long.
How to contact customer support
In a perfect world, everything will go off without a hitch in your online sportsbook experience. Unfortunately, things happen and questions are going to come up. When that happens, so it’s a huge plus to be able to get answers quickly.
BetRivers provides users with several different options for finding the help and support they seek. At the top of the main screen, there’s a clickable link that is labeled “Help Center.”
Clicking on that will open up a new window full of links to additional information. The answers to numerous frequently asked questions are here, as well as several helpful guides on specific sports betting topics.
Also, you will find direct support options here, which include email and live chat. If the matter isn’t pressing, an email will do the trick. You will receive a reply when BetStars’ team receives your request and is working on it.
For matters that can’t wait, the live chat feature is a click away. After entering your name and a basic overview of your question, you’ll be placed in a queue. In our experience, we received a response from a live representative quickly.
History of BetRivers
Rush Street, the parent company of BetRivers, was founded in the mid-1990s. The company has holdings in several sectors, including in the world of brick-and-mortar casinos.
The first foray into online sports betting came via the Playsugarhouse brand, which was one of the first to market in NJ in 2018. That first sportsbook was later rebranded as BetRivers, in 2022.
Before that, however, came the BetRivers expansion into Pennsylvania and Indiana in 2019.
Colorado and Illinois were the next points of entry in 2020, followed by Iowa. Michigan and Virginia online sports betting both launched in January 2021. BetRivers Arizona went live on October 23, 2021. New York was the first state to launch in 2022 when BetRivers NY debuted on January 8, 2022. Louisiana launched shortly after on January 22, West Virginia in June of 2022, and Ohio came online New Year’s Day, 2023. Massachusetts and Tennessee are expected to follow in the new few months.
The race for sports betting market share is going strong in all of the states that BetRivers has entered to date. That will only continue, but the company appears to be more than ready to remain in the running with the big boys and gals across the sports betting landscape.