BetMGM Sportsbook Bonus Code for $1,500 October Promo
BetMGM Sportsbook is available in more than 20 states and Washington, DC. If you’re 21 or older, you can open an account with BetMGM Sportsbook today and start betting legally in only minutes. Just be sure to use the BetMGM bonus code THELINES to take advantage of the top welcome offer.
If you’re trying to decide if BetMGM is the right online sportsbook for you, this review has everything you could want. We’ll cover the simple stuff, like how to sign up with BetMGM and make a deposit. And we also go over the types of sports bets you can place and how to withdraw money. You’ll also learn about the MGM Rewards, the loyalty problem offered at BetMGM, and much more.
Continue reading our BetMGM Sportsbook review and you’ll be an expert in no time.
This Week at BetMGM Sportsbook, Sept. 26-Oct. 2
There are tons of ways to play this week at BetMGM Sportsbook with a handful of major leagues and sports in action. These are some of the top betting events at BetMGM Sportsbook for the week of September 26 – October 2.
- NFL Week 4: It’s the final week of September football as teams around the league are starting to get their footing in the new NFL season. It’s already been a great year so far, with a ton of highlight plays, new storylines, and just all-around fantastic football. This week should continue to provide the goods with a plethora of quality matchups on the table. The Buffalo Bills take on the high-powered Miami Dolphins offense, one week removed from their massive 70-point performance. Plus, two of the most storied franchises in the league will go head-to-head this week as the New England Patriots travel south to take on the Dallas Cowboys. Don’t forget to take advantage of all BetMGM’s profit and odds boosts available all week long on NFL football.
- College Football Week 5: College Football Week 5 promises to bring plenty of excitement for sports bettors nationwide. Some great conference games are on the schedule this week that will put major fanbases up against each other. In the SEC, Georgia heads to Auburn as 14.5-point favorites, but we all know anything can happen on a crazy College Football Saturday. On the other side of the country, the soaring USC Trojans will head inland to face the Colorado Buffalo who have fallen out of the Top 25 after a big blowout at the hands of Oregon last weekend. Be sure to check out BetMGM’s NCAAF page on Saturday for all the College Football odds boosts in your state.
- Major League Baseball: Game 162 across Major League Baseball will be played this week. After a long, demanding season full of ups and downs for every team, it all comes to an end as October begins. Even though there are only six games left for every team, many of the playoff spots are still up for grabs in both the American and National Leagues. With plenty on the line this week, we’re excited to bet on the Seattle Mariners vs. Houston Astros series, the Toronto Blue Jays vs. Tampa Bay Rays series, and the Texas Rangers vs. Seattle Mariners series to close out the season. These three key series will determine which three teams capture the final two AL Wild Card spots.
- Ryder Cup: Last but not least is the Ryder Cup golf tournament. This unique tournament is played every two years and has the best players from the USA team up to play the best players from Europe. The tournament is played over three days with a different format of play on each day of competition. Team USA won the last Ryder Cup in 2021 and will look to repeat as champions for the first time in 30 years. Some big names on Team USA include Brooks Koepka, Jordan Speith, and Scottie Scheffler, to name a few.
How to Sign Up With BetMGM Online Sportsbook
New users can sign up with TheLines’ BetMGM Sportsbook promo and get the BetMGM bonus code without even completing the registration process in person. Signing up is free and easy. To complete your registration, you will have to deliver the sportsbook with a few personal details, including:
- Date of birth
- Last four of your SSN
- BetMGM Promo Code THELINES
Whenever entering personal information, we’d recommend using a private, secure connection to protect sensitive data. Usually the best way to do this is connecting to home wifi while using the app for the initial sign-up.
Getting started with BetMGM Sportsbook only takes a few minutes. Although there is no requirement to deposit any money at sign-up, it might be smart to check with the preferred financial institution to verify they will allow for transactions. Some of them still don’t allow deposits for online gambling, and others may charge your account a fee if they do.
BetMGM offers a variety of betting options for hundreds of leagues and teams across the world, which we’ll dive into later on. The sportsbook also has many promotions, odds boosts, and other ways to engage its users. Claim this sportsbook sign-up offer now.
Once you make your first bet, if it wins, you will be paid out as normal. If the bet loses, you will get back the amount in bonus bets — up to $1,500.
BetMGM Sportsbook Review
Promotions – Rating 4.3 / 5
In comparison to other legal U.S. sportsbooks, BetMGM dishes out its fair share of bonus codes, like the one above. They often include deposit match offers, ranging from $100-200.
Even though you’ll be required to bet the initial deposit before getting access to the match, it doesn’t come in the form of a bonus bet. It’s treated as actual cash in your account.
On top of that, BetMGM Sportsbook provides a $50 bonus if you refer someone to sign up, via the “BetMGM Refer A Friend Invitation.”
In less than 30 days, whomever you send the invite to must either download or install the BetMGM app or register through the BetMGM on the web. After the registration process is complete, the new user must deposit into the sportsbook account.
The user must then wager at least $50 for you to inherit the $50 sign-up bonus. The bet must be with odds of -200 odds or better (-200, -150, +150, +200). He or she has up to 30 days to complete these requirements.
In general, I prefer the sportsbooks that hand out bonus bets from single-game wagers, as opposed to parlays specifically. Although you can claim their promo offers by wagering on one, you’re not required to — unlike how other books design their frequent offers.
Bonus bets aren’t necessarily helpful on a game-by-game basis, depending on how much you’re wagering. But employing them on the futures market is the way to go since you’re only losing out on the initial stake if the wager pulls through.
For instance, let’s say you’re looking to tackle a +2000 Super Bowl futures wager on the Baltimore Ravens. If Lamar Jackson & Co. claim the Lombardi Trophy at season’s end, you’d subsequently win $2,000 with a $100 bonus bet. Sure, you’re missing out on the initial $100 per say, but it’s better than using it on a moneyline wager.
Let’s say you used that same BetMGM Sportsbook promo offer on a team priced at +100 ML. It would only net $100 if it wins.
In the end, it depends on whether you’re just looking to win a little cash, or use the promo offers to help you position your main account balance on single game wagers. Regardless, BetMGM Sportsbook delves out a fine amount of promo offers.
BetMGM also has daily parlay offers. Go here to check out some of those options and to view all of the best parlay betting apps in the industry.
User Interface / Design – Rating 4.5 / 5
As I broke down in my live sports betting piece on the 2022 national title game between Kansas and North Carolina, wagering on a game — while attending the actual event — can be difficult because of potential WiFi issues.
Even if that isn’t your cup of tea, the BetMGM Sportsbook app was a bit laggy and slow as opposed to other sportsbook apps. That comes into play even if you’re watching a game from your couch, as you’re unable to swiftly move around the app to check in on a certain market. Live odds can change within a matter of seconds, depending on the sport.
However, BetMGM launched a brand-new site and mobile update on August 18, 2022, giving its customers a much faster route to placing wagers. The speed of a sports betting app may not seem necessary for casual bettors, but it comes into play if you’re attempting to place a live wager within a matter of seconds.
Regarding the BetMGM Sportsbook app in particular, the most popular betting markets on that given day will pop up first. Under each game, it also includes the amount of time before the event begins, which is a plus if you’re looking to lock in a pregame wager right around the given start time.
After clicking on an event, it has a one-game parlay tab at the top. That isn’t the case for the majority of sportsbook apps, but BetMGM provides easy access for this type of wager.
For those unaware, building a one-game parlay allows for the user to combine selections from the same matchup into a single parlay. An example would be merging Cardinals ML, Paul Goldschmidt over 1.5 total bases and Nolan Gorman to homer — all in one wager.
Furthermore, the live betting markets are very readily accessible for multiplayer events, like golf majors.
For instance, if the pregame odds for a MLB matchup aren’t to your liking, you could wait to see if the odds shift in your favor in the midst of the action. That comes with a risk, as movement of more than a few cents likely infers a deficit if the bet you’re eyeing is of the moneyline or spread variety.
An example of live betting markets is below from a Phillies vs. Nationals game this past summer.
But if you ever feel like you need a “cool down” period from betting, BetMGM makes that very attainable as well. Just click on “My Account” in the top right hand corner before hitting “settings.”
You can read more about how responsible gambling is expanding across the country.
Finally, the withdrawal process is a piece of cake. By clicking “Cashier” under the “My Account” feature, you’ll be able to ship off the exact amount of your balance.
Withdrawing to your bank account takes approximately 2-4 business days while the credit card betting option is only 1-2 days. But you may have to pay a fee if you go with the latter route. There’s also the option of withdrawing with a VIP preferred e-check, which takes 2-4 days.
Betting Markets – Rating 4.8 / 5
Similar to the above information, BetMGM displays a majority of the betting markets that most sportsbooks have to offer. They range from single game bets to futures wagers and beyond.
Don’t worry, some of the less popular sporting events are available right at the top of the sportsbook. They range from Formula 1 to boxing — with all of the wagering options at your fingertips, such as top-10 finishes and plus-money round betting.
Remember, use TheLines’ exclusive BetMGM Sportsbook bonus code THELINES when placing your first wager. That way, you’ll receive the bonus bets if it loses.
Where BetMGM sometimes falls short is draft markets. For instance, 2022 NBA Draft odds were only offered on the No. 1 pick for some time. A couple days in advance of the draft, they began to filter in other markets, like which player would be taken with the fourth overall pick.
It doesn’t always utilize live derivative betting markets for golf tournaments, either (i.e. a top-10 finish, etc.) and their live markets in general tend to close shop fairly often.
Banking options – Rating 4.7 / 5
Below are the instructions for depositing:
- Log in to your BetMGM Sportsbook account.
- Once you’re in, click the deposit button, appearing on the top-right of your home screen.
- A list of banking methods will pop up. Choose the payment method of your choice.
- Enter the amount that you’d like to deposit.
- Depending on the route you’ve chosen, you may need to undergo further steps, such as bank-specific prompts.
- Finally, hit the deposit button. The funds will immediately show up in account, and you can now begin placing wagers.
Below are the instructions for withdrawing:
- Launch the BetMGM app and sign in.
- On the top-right, click “My Account.”
- Click on “Cashier.”
- Click on the withdrawal tab.
- Choose your preferred withdrawal route.
- Submit the amount that you would like to withdraw and follow any additional instructions, depending on your bank.
- Click the withdraw button to confirm the figure.
Customer Support – Rating 4.6 / 5
Unlike its competition, BetMGM Sportsbook only offers the live chat feature from noon to 4 p.m. EST. If you have a request or question before or after that timeframe, you can email the BetMGM Sportsbook customer support 24/7.
Under the “Help & Contact” section, there are plenty of questions that can be answered too, including account details and verification, promotions and bonuses, sports rules and more.
BetMGM Sportsbook Legal States 2023
BetMGM Sportsbook is legal and available in Arizona, Colorado, Washington D.C., Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wyoming. You can sign up with BetMGM Sportsbook as long as you’re in one of those states and at least 21 years of age.
BetMGM should be launching in North Carolina and Vermont in the near future.
BetMGM Sportsbook Kentucky
Retail and online sports betting went live in Kentucky in September 2023. BetMGM is partnering with Revolutionary Racing Kentucky (RRKY) and plans to opened a retail sportsbook at Sandy’s Racing & Gaming.
Coming soon: BetMGM Sportsbook North Carolina (sometime 2024)
No date has been state for North Carolina online sportsbooks to launch, but it won’t be until 2024. This page will be updated as we learn more about BetMGM’s plans for launching its online sportsbook in North Carolina.
BetMGM Sportsbook FAQs
Is BetMGM Sportsbook legal?
Yes, BetMGM Sportsbook is legal in the United States in certain states. You can only play BetMGM Sportsbook in states where it is licensed to offer its product. Those states are Arizona, Colorado, Washington D.C., Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Mississippi, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wyoming.
When is BetMGM Sportsbook launching in Kentucky?
BetMGM Sportsbook came online in Kentucky on Sept. 28, 2023. Sign up with BetMGM Kentucky today using the bonus code THELINES.
Is BetMGM Sportsbook safe?
Considering there are two huge brands behind this online sportsbook, BetMGM should be considered 100% safe. The site also offers regulated real money sports betting options in multiple states while holding local licenses in each of them.
Are my BetMGM Sportsbook and Casino accounts linked?
Yes, as long as you use the same username for each account, your BetMGM Sportsbook and BetMGM Casino accounts will be linked. This is one of the benefits of using BetMGM for your online gambling needs.
Is there an early cash-out option?
Yes, the cash-out feature is available on selected markets and will allow bettors to get their payouts at the current odds at any time. However, this option isn’t always available, as the moneyline odds, for instance, may be too high in either direction to accrue a cash-out price.
Why does BetMGM need the last four digits of my SSN?
BetMGM uses the last four digits of your SSN, as well as the other personal information it requires, to confirm that you are a legal bettor. This is required of them by sportsbook regulators to ensure that the company does not accept illegal wagers, and it also keeps your account safer as a whole.
Is BetMGM Sportsbook available on my computer?
Yes, you can play with BetMGM Sportsbook and Casino on your computer. The desktop website is available for almost all browsers, including Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Firefox, and Safari, among others. The site works just as well as the mobile applications.
Is there BetMGM Sportsbook customer service readily available?
Yes, but if you have a request or question before or after the aforementioned live chat timeframe, you can always email the BetMGM Sportsbook customer support. It’s available 24/7. For example, if you live in Illinois, the customer support email would be: [email protected].
How old do I have to be to make an account with BetMGM Sportsbook?
The legal betting age changes from state to state. However, in every state that BetMGM Sportsbook currently operates in, the legal sports betting age is 21 years old. This means that you must be at least 21 years old to make a BetMGM Sportsbook account.
Can you make a BetMGM Sportsbook deposit with PayPal?
BetMGM Sportsbook supports deposits via plenty of banking options, and PayPal is no exception. Transactions are free for most of them, and the money will be available in your sportsbook account right after you deposit. BetMGM represents one of the many great sportsbooks to utilize PayPal in the U.S.