BetMGM is the product of a joint venture between gaming giant MGM Resorts International and GVC Holdings, which operates under the name Roar Digital. It currently is operational in New Jersey, Indiana, West Virginia, and Colorado.
The platform was originally known as playMGM, with the sportsbook portion opening its doors in the summer of 2018. The following year, Roar Digital took control, and a rebranded operator known as BetMGM was born. On the main BetMGM website, customers have direct access to a hat-trick of gaming options: casino, poker and sports betting.
We’re going to take a detailed look at the last option on the list. From what the BetMGM Sportsbook has to offer for new users to all the sports you can bet on, we’ll cover it all. Let’s begin with an exclusive sign-up bonus for our readers.
BetMGM Sportsbook welcome bonus
If you click on our links to create an account and enter the bonus code up above, you’ll be entitled to a 100% deposit match up to $500. This offer is only available for new players at BetMGM Sportsbook.
To qualify, you’ll need to make a deposit of at least $25 within seven days of opening your account. If you only deposited $25, that’s perfectly fine. The same applies if you decide to take full advantage of the offer and deposit $500.
BetMGM has put together a bonus offer that’s both simple to understand and worthy of your attention.
BetMGM Sportsbook bonus code
|Online Sportsbook||BETMGM Sportsbook|
|Deposit Bonus||100% up to $500|
|Legal States||New Jersey, West Virginia, Indiana and Colorado|
|Last Verified||July 2020|
BetMGM Sportsbook rewards program
For casino and poker players on the BetMGM platform, there is an iRewards program in which users earn points based on how much they play. Unfortunately, rewards haven’t been opened up for sportsbook users yet.
While we can’t say for certain that will change in the future, it would be unusual if a company known for rewards didn’t open things up for sports bettors as well. In the meantime, BetMGM does offer a number of ongoing promotions on the sportsbook. We’ll touch on those in a bit.
Is BetMGM Sportsbook legal and safe?
Yes, BetMGM Sportsbook is completely legal and safe to play on in markets in which the platform has debuted. Here are the states in whiuch you can play right now.
- BetMGM in New Jersey: Originally known as playMGM, the sportsbook debuted in 2018. It was rebranded to the current BetMGM name the following year.
- BetMGM in West Virginia: BetMGM Sportsbook went live for residents of the Mountaineer State in January 2020.
- BetMGM in Indiana: BetMGM Sportsbook launched in the Hoosier State at the end of February 2020.
- BetMGM in Colorado: BetMGM Sportsbook went online in the Centennial State in May 2020.
BetMGM operates under parent company Roar Digital, which is a joint venture of MGM Resorts International and GVC Holdings. Those two entities are quite familiar with the rules and regulations surrounding online and mobile gaming, so you can rest assured that BetMGM will be on the right track in both current and future markets.
BetMGM Sportsbook: Creating a new account
Creating an account on BetMGM Sportsbook is similar to signing up for any other reputable online gaming provider. After clicking on our exclusive links, you’ll be brought to a new window. From there, you’ll see a big button labeled “register.”
Once you click on that, you’ll begin the simple process. Here are the different pieces of information you’ll need to enter.
- Email address
- Date of birth
- User ID
- Last four digits of SSN
- Mobile number
All of the information you need to enter is standard. The last four digits of your social are needed to help verify your identity, as are name and address. Be sure to use an email address you check often, as you can opt in for promotional emails to catch the latest offers.
After the above items are entered, you’ll choose the answers to a few security questions. You’ll have to check off a few boxes, including that you understand the terms and conditions. Also, BetMGM will ask you to confirm that you’re 21 years of age or older and legally eligible to play.
Those are the last steps you need to complete. Once you click continue, your new account will be created right away. You’ll be free to poke around the platform and check out all that BetMGM Sportsbook has to offer.
BetMGM Sportsbook app
A BetMGM app is available for both iPhone and Android users. In order to download it, get your account all set first by clicking on our exclusive links. From there, go to the BetMGM website using the browser on your smartphone or tablet.
Once you do that, you’ll be notified to download the app that corresponds to your device. Follow the instructions on the screen, and you’ll be able to download right away. The whole process can be completed quickly.
As for the BetMGM app itself, it’s smooth and functional like the main website. Everything is optimized to work on a smaller screen, and you can perform all of the same functions as you can on the browser-based platform.
All in all, the app is a little on the plain side in comparison to other offerings out there. If you’re just looking for a basic spot where you can place bets on mobile, then you likely won’t have any complaints. Those expecting something more impressive may be disappointed.
BetMGM Sportsbook browser and desktop review
Once you have created your account with our exclusive links, it’ll naturally be time to explore the BetMGM Sportsbook platform. As far as first impressions go, the first thing you’ll likely notice is that the layout is clean and devoid of too much clutter.
In a nutshell, the browser-based site can be split into five main areas.
- Top Section: At the top of the main site in the upper right is where you’ll find “my account” information and icons for all of the main markets offered. This is also where you’ll find the login button on your next visit.
- Main Lobby: The of the main screen essentially has two parts: a rotating banner of promotions up top, and betting options down below. On default, the lobby will be populated with popular upcoming events. You can change sports and browse live betting opportunities with just a click.
- Left-Hand Menu: The menu that spans the left-hand part of the screen is broken down into two parts. On top, you’ll see links for promotions and some of the most popular sports. Below that is a full list of all of the markets available for betting on BetMGM.
- Right-Hand Side: This portion of the screen is reserved for the betting slip function. As you click on wagers to add to the ticket, they’ll appear here. There’s also a media player in this section that can be used to play available live streams.
- Bottom Section: At the bottom of the main website are several helpful links and additional information about BetMGM. There are also direct links to properties that are part of the MGM Resorts International portfolio.
The site is functional and everything works fine, but there is an oddity to deal with. The right scroll bar is positioned in a strange spot. As opposed to being on the far right of the main window, BetMGM has it positioned to the left of the area reserved for the betting slip.
That means you’ll be scrolling up and down from the center-right part of the screen as opposed to what’s considered standard for websites. The navigation is just fine outside of that; just know that this is a small oddity you’ll have to deal with.
BetMGM Sportsbook betting options
You’ll be able to place all of the standard bets on BetMGM Sportsbook, and live betting opportunities are also available. Here’s a look at the different kinds of wagers you can place.
- Money Line: This is the most basic type of bet you’ll find for wagering on games. You’re simply choosing the winner out of the favorite and underdog. Odds for favorites will be negative, such as -110, while underdogs will have a positive value like +120.
- Point Spread: For certain sports, point spreads are used by oddsmakers in a bid to even out the action. Favorites will need to win by a certain amount of points in order to “cover” the spread. You can bet on the underdog plus the points, and if it keeps the margin under the spread, you have yourself a winner.
- Totals: A totals bet is a wager that revolves around a benchmark total of expected points scored in a game. Oddsmakers will set the bar, and bettors need to decide if they think the total points will go “over” or “under” the benchmark.
- Prop Bets: Prop bets are available on nearly every major game and event. They are essentially side bets on something that might happen during the contest. An example would be a prop on total points scored in a half, or a specific accomplishment by a player in the game.
- Futures: These are bets that are placed on something that has yet to happen. Futures wagers can be placed on certain major events like the winner of the upcoming World Series or the winner of the US Open golf tournament.
- Parlays: A parlay is a bet in which you place two or more games on the same betting slip. They’re popular with recreational bettors due to the chance for higher returns. However, they’re risky and become tougher to hit with each addition to the ticket.
- Live Betting: Also known as in-play betting, these are wagers that you can place after the action has gotten underway. You’ll find similar opportunities as you would prior to the game — albeit with odds that reflect what has happened so far — as well as some different ones. Odds and markets move quick here, but live betting continues to grow in popularity.
Sports you can bet on at BetMGM Sportsbook
If it’s a big game, huge fight or major tournament, you’ll find it available for wagering at BetMGM. All of the main sports are well-represented, and there are even some niche offerings for those on the hunt for something a little bit different. Here’s the current list of markets available.
- Football — NFL and college
- Basketball — NBA and college
- Australian Rules Football
- Formula 1
- Rugby League
- Rugby Union
For bettors who are solely concerned with the top sports that have big followings, BetMGM will work just fine. For niche bettors, there are some options available. However, other operators go the extra mile with things not offered here, such as cycling, darts, and various international competitions.
BetMGM Sportsbook odds boost
Odds boosts are special betting opportunities in which an operator kicks the odds up a notch. The boost provides the opportunity for better returns if the wager is graded a winner. Typically, boosts will be offered on things such as individual games, prop bet opportunities, and parlays selected by the operator.
BetMGM offers odds boosts and has a dedicated icon for them that is located at the top of the main website. Clicking on that will populate the main lobby with current and upcoming opportunities. Furthermore, the rotating banner in the main lobby will also feature current odds boost offerings from time to time.
In addition to boosts, BetMGM also offers several other regular promotions. You’ll find many of them in the banner ad, and there’s also a dedicated link to current promotional offerings. Here’s a sampling of what’s currently available.
- Money Monday Club: If you opt in to this promotion and place $50 in qualifying bets in one week, you’ll receive a free $10 bet the following Monday.
- Free Bets up to $100: To qualify for this promotion, you’ll need to place a live basketball bet Tuesday through Saturday. The reward is a free bet that scales based on how much you play up to $100.
- Overtime Insurance: If you lose a bet on an NFL game in overtime, BetMGM will credit you back with a free bet of up to $25.
- Parlay Insurance: If you place a five-team parlay wager and miss out on one of the legs, then you’ll be refunded the amount of your bet up to $25.
BetMGM Sportsbook does a solid job with ongoing promotions, and you won’t have to do a lot of digging to find them on the website or mobile app.
How to deposit and cash out winnings
On the browser-based site, the cashier function can be found on the upper right-hand side by your account information. For mobile, you’ll be able to access it via the expandable menu. In both cases, the function itself is smooth and easy to use. You’ll find several options for moving money in and out of your BetMGM Sportsbook account.
- Bank transfer
- Credit cards (Mastercard, Visa or American Express)
- VIP preferred
- Cash at the land-based casino partner’s cage
Some of the methods listed up above are only good for deposits, such as credit cards. Other options like PayPal will work for both funding your account and making withdrawals. If you’d like to deposit and remove in the same fashion, keep this in mind.
Overall, it’s a decent selection to choose from. Other operators offer more choices, but the major bases are covered. For those who have a bank that frowns on gambling-related transactions, PayPal and Play+ are there as alternative options.
How to contact customer support
BetMGM has several options available for support. Unfortunately, getting to them on the web-based platform takes some digging. There’s a help and contact icon in the upper right, but nothing on the bottom of the page.
That’s not the end of the world, but the vast majority of operators have a clear “contact us” link toward the bottom of the main website. If you click on the help and contact button, you’ll first be prompted to check off the category of your query.
After doing so, a list of frequently asked questions comes up. You have to choose one of them to move forward. Once you do, you’ll find links for additional help from there. While we understand that many answers can be found in the FAQs, it would be nice to have more direct links for actual support.
When you click through that you need more help, you’ll find the three different ways to contact BetMGM.
- Live chat
There’s also a direct link to the help pages from here for those who prefer to go this route. For live chat, you’ll enter your name and email and be placed in a queue. Once it’s your turn, you can chat with a live rep to resolve your question.
The email support is essentially a trouble ticket system in which you spell out your issue and send it off and wait for a reply. For pressing matters, BetMGM customer support can be reached at 1-609-248-9531.
Overall, it’s a good set of options. Live chat and phone support are great touches. However, users shouldn’t have to hunt around so much just to get a hold of a live person.
History of BetMGM Sportsbook
The BetMGM Sportsbook was originally known as playMGM. That platform debuted in 2017 and offered casino and poker. In the summer of 2018, playMGM entered the legal sports betting market when it launched in New Jersey.
The following year, MGM Resorts International and GVC Holdings got together for a joint venture known as Roar Holdings. The entity rebranded playMGM as BetMGM, and casino, poker and sports betting are still offered. However, BetMGM has not rested upon its laurels in the Garden State.
In fact, BetMGM is now active in five different states. Inhabitants in New Jersey, Nevada, Indiana, West Virginia, and Colorado can all take part in the sports betting offered by one of the top gaming companies in the world.
There’s no reason to assume that BetMGM will stop its expansion anytime soon.