BetMGM Horse Racing Bonuses And Review
Updated August 2022
$200 SIGN-UP BONUS
Disclaimer: BetMGM Racebook is not yet live. This preview is speculative based on what is known so far and will be updated when BetMGM racebook comes online.
BetMGM has made a name for itself with its sportsbook and online casino products. It is now looking to achieve the same success with its new racebook. It branched out into the horse betting industry via a partnership with the New York Racing Association and its betting platform NYRA Bets, one of the leading horse betting portals in the country.
Under the agreement, BetMGM has integrated NYRA horse racing content into its desktop and mobile platforms, giving users access to races at 200+ tracks across the globe. From the Triple Crown to Dubai Cup and Melbourne Cup, horse racing fans have plenty of chances to get in on the action at BetMGM’s racebook.
We checked out the racebook’s core features to determine how it stacks up against its competitors. Here’s a recap of the segments we’ll examine in our review:
- Promotional program: What kind of bonuses can new and existing users claim at the BetMGM racebook?
- User experience: How functional, stable and user-friendly is the BetMGM horse betting app?
- Betting options: What are the different types of bets you can place at the BetMGM Racebook?
- Banking: Which payment methods are available on the BetMGM horse betting app?
BetMGM horse betting app
BetMGM has launched its horse betting app for iOS and Android. At the moment it is middle of the pack in terms of usability and functionality, as there has been some negative feedback regarding occasional freezes and race start time delays.
Alternatively, you can access the mobile version of the site via your browser and line up your bets on the go. It’s essentially the same thing as the version for your computer browser, and it offers the same buttons and betting options.
BetMGM rewards program
BetMGM uses the NYRA reward program, giving existing customers a chance to receive additional perks. For every dollar that you stake on NYRA racetracks (Belmont, Saratoga, Aqueduct), you’ll receive four loyalty points. For bets on other tracks, you’ll receive two points for every $1 that you bet.
Once you have accumulated a sufficient number of points, you can redeem them for betting credits to use on any wager.
BetMGM Racebook bonuses and promos in 2022
In terms of sheer promotional value, BetMGM does better than most.
The biggest incentive is the new user offer — bet $200, get $200. As you could have guessed, this offer will give you an additional $200 in bonus cash to bet with if you bet the same amount within two weeks of registering an account.
The site also hosts a number of promos for existing users. All of them appear in the promotional calendar, so it’s a good idea to check on it occasionally to stay on top of all ongoing bonus deals. The exact promo lineup is subject to change, but the most common offers include reload bonuses, boosted rebates, loyalty promotions and insurance bets.
BetMGM Racebook software review and navigation
The racebook is user-friendly and intuitive, just like BetMGM’s other products. The interface is simple and isn’t cluttered with promotional banners or excessive visuals like some other sites. It’s a clean and simple layout and will work well for beginners.
For most races, the betting program features an overview of the distance, purse and race conditions. You can easily access the live betting menu, and there’s also a tab with the upcoming races on that day.
The registration and banking buttons are clear and well-marked. The header has links to the promo section, support and a betting guide. Via the top menu, you can also access the promo calendar and the contests lounge — the leaderboard and prize pool, that is.
Functionality-wise, the platform is spot on. Intermittent bugs are possible, but they rarely occur.
BetMGM Racing streams
As well as betting on a race live at BetMGM, you can watch how it unfolds via the live streaming feature. The racebook provides HD streaming coverage of high-profile events from various angles in addition to SD streams across other venues.
You can access the streams via the “Today’s Racing” section — if the race has the “play” button in the description, then you can watch it live in real time. If you’ve missed out on a race or just want to rewatch it to get a different perspective, you can catch race replays.
Available races at BetMGM
BetMGM’s catalog features harness, thoroughbred and quarter horse races at more than 200 tracks around the world.
You can put some money down on pretty much every top-tier race in the US, and the racebook also has odds on renowned international meets in the UK, Australia and Dubai. Here are some of the fixtures you’ll find at BetMGM Racing:
- Belmont Stakes
- Kentucky Derby
- Preakness Stakes
- Breeders’ Cup
- Royal Ascot
- Dubai Cup
- Melbourne Cup
- Arkansas Derby
- Grand National
- Santa Anita Handicap
- Travers Stakes
Types of bets you can place at BetMGM Horse Racing
BetMGM’s horse betting options run the gamut. On top of the standard fare of straight bets, you’ll also find a variety of more exotic options. Here are some common bets and terms you’ll come across:
- Win: Your selected horse must win the race.
- Place: Your pick can either win or finish as the runner-up.
- Show: Your pick can finish first, second or third.
- Exacta: Predict the winner and the runner-up of a race in the exact order.
- Quinella: This is a less risky variant of exacta. You still need to get the top two finishers, but in either order.
- Trifecta: Identify the top three finishers in the correct order.
- Superfecta: Top four finishers in the correct order.
- Double: Correctly pick the winner of two consecutive races.
- Pick 3 to Pick 6: With this one, you will be betting on the winners of three or more consecutive races.
- Grand slam: Pick a horse to finish in the top three in three consecutive races and a horse to win the fourth race.
- Pari-mutuel: All wagers on a specific bet go into a pool. The racebook takes a small cut for facilitating the bet, and everyone who won the bet divides the rest of the pool.
- Box: If you box an exacta, trifecta or superfecta, your picks can finish in any order. However, it comes with an added cost — the price increases with each boxed selection.
Other betting options at BetMGM Racing
BetMGM exclusively features horse racing events. For other betting options, you can visit BetMGM’s sportsbook. There, you’ll find odds on the NBA, NFL, NHL and MLB, along with other popular sports like tennis, soccer and golf.
By clicking or tapping on the “Handicapping” option, you’ll get insights about upcoming races, as well as news reports and previews from experts. You can pick up lots of useful data and tips via the Talking Horses telecast, with seasoned pros analyzing every meet on the race card.
How to deposit and withdraw at BetMGM Racebook
Banking at BetMGM is seamless thanks to a wide range of payment options to choose from. You can deposit and withdraw using the following options:
- Credit/debit cards (MasterCard and Visa): However, not all banks facilitate gambling transactions.
- Play+: You can order the card via mail and use it to get money to and from your BetMGM Racebook account. Once you cash out your winnings, you can withdraw the funds via ATM.
- By mail: Send a check or a money order to the racebook’s address.
- Wire transfer: This option offers super flexible deposit limits, which makes it ideal for high rollers.
- Express funding: This is a standard e-banking transfer.
- PayNearMe: You can make your deposit at 7-Eleven, CVS or Family Dollar retail shops.
- MoneyPak: Top up your account at a nearby grocery store or convenience store.
Where can you bet at BetMGM Racebook?
BetMGM takes bets from residents of 30 states, as follows:
- New Hampshire
- New York
- North Dakota
- Rhode Island
- South Dakota
- West Virginia
To sign up for an account and place real money bets, you have to be of legal horse betting age — which is 18 or 21, depending on the state.
Reasons to choose BetMGM Horse Racing
Although BetMGM Racing is still a work in progress, it has all the right ingredients to assert itself among the prime horse betting sites.
The welcome package is bigger than what you’ll find at many competitors, and it also offers a number of promos for regular users. The market variety is on par with other big racebooks, and the site is packed with amenities that will enhance your betting experience.
Long story short, this is an elite portal for betting on horse races, well suited for both seasoned handicappers and casual bettors alike.