Betfred Sports, one of the largest sportsbook operators in the UK, continues to expand in the US as the company aims to become one of the top online sportsbooks in America, as well. Betfred now has online sportsbooks in Colorado, Iowa and Pennsylvania, with more states sure to follow.
In our Betfred Sportsbook review, you’ll learn how to create an account with Betfred Sports and more importantly get a promo code to unlock a generous Betfred Sports welcome offer. We also tell you all the ways you can deposit and cash out at Betfred Sportsbook, give you our thoughts on the Betfred Sports app and go over the benefits the online sportsbook has for casual and experienced bettors.
Let’s get started right away with that Betfred Sports welcome bonus.
Betfred Sports welcome bonus
New Betfred Sports users who use our promo code will get a $40 free bet when they sign up, and their first bet with the online sportsbook will be risk-free for up to $500.
Betfred Sportsbook promo code 2021
|Online Sportsbook||Betfred Sportsbook|
|Betfred Promo Code:||BFS40|
|Free Bet:||$40 Free Bet|
|Bonus Offer:||Up to $500 Risk-Free Bet|
|Legal States||CO, PA & IA|
|Last Verified||January 2021|
Do I need a bonus or promo code for Betfred Sportsbook?
Yes, Betfred Sportsbook promo code is BFS40.
How the bonus worksWhen you use the BFS40 promo code, you’ll receive a $40 free bet just for creating a new Betfred Sportsbook account.
On top of that, your first bet will be refunded up to $500 if it loses.
You have one week from the time you receive your free bet or promo cash to use it. If you fail to do so in that timeframe, you will lose any remaining bonus bets or cash.
Betfred Sports VIP loyalty rewards
At this time, Betfred Sportsbook does not have a VIP or loyalty rewards program, but with more online sportsbooks offering rewards programs, it wouldn’t be too surprising if Betfred Sports followed suit at some point down the road.
Redeem rewards at retail locations
With no loyalty program in place at this time, there also is no way for you to redeem rewards at any retail locations.
Is Betfred Sports legal and safe?
Yes, Betfred Sports is a completely reputable online sportsbook. To date, Betfred Sports is licensed in Colorado, Iowa and Pennsylvania. Betfred Sports is also one of the top oddsmakers over in Europe, so you can rest easy knowing you’re doing business with one of the best in the industry.
Here is a look at the current legality of Betfred Sports across the US.
- Betfred Sports Colorado: Launched in June 2020 and is partnered with Saratoga Casino.
- Betfred Sports Iowa: Debuted in January 2020 and is partnered with Grand Falls Casino & Resort.
- Betfred Sports Pennsylvania: Began operations in December 2020 and partnered with Wind Creek Bethlehem Casino.
Betfred Sports betting app review
The Betfred Sports betting app is available for iOS and Android phones and tablets. Here is our breakdown of the app, which is practically identical whether using an Android product or an iPad/iPhone.
- Speed: While not the fastest sportsbook app on the market, the tiny bit of lag is not a problem in the least.
- Overall performance: We give the Betfred Sportsbook app a solid “B” when it comes to overall performance. The only thing keeping it from “A” status is the minimal amount of lag time mentioned above. Otherwise, Betfred Sports is everything you could want from a sportsbook app.
- Markets: Betfred Sports offers betting markets for all the major college and professional sports throughout the US and the rest of the world. We’re confident that whatever you want to bet on, you’ll be able to using the Betfred app.
- Live betting: Betfred Sports has in game betting and has a tab located at the bottom of the page that takes you to all the ongoing games. Once there, you can select individual games and an animation will appear at the top displaying what is going on in the game at that time.
- Bet slip: You can access your betting slip by clicking on “Betslip” at the bottom of the page. It’s just as easy to place single bets as it is to create parlays, teasers or even round robins.
- General layout: We don’t have any complaints when it comes to Betfred Sports’ layout because it’s easy to navigate and the majority of the screen is dedicated to odds and lines, nothing else.
- Cashier: The deposit and withdraw buttons are just how you want them to be at Betfred Sports — easy to find and easy to use. Just click on the person icon in the top right corner and “withdraw” and “deposit” will be available in the middle of your screen.
Betfred Sports browser review
Betfred Sports does a great job of keeping its sportsbook webpage as similar as possible to its sports betting app, while taking advantage of the extra space available on desktop and laptop displays.
Overall, the look and feel of the Betfred Sportsbook website is almost the exact same as you would encounter with the app. The only major differences are that instead of only having odds displayed on the screen, you now have lists of top leagues and links to Betfred Sports’ odds boosts, top leagues and A-Z sports listing along the left side of the screen.
While along the right side you’ll see the top trending bets and your betting slip to the right of that.
Overall Betfred Sports user experience
For online sportsbooks, what’s most important is being able to easily navigate the app and place whatever bets you want to with ease. They also need to offer plenty of sports to bet on as well as all the betting types users expect to see.
Betfred Sports does all of that without issue, so we think that if you choose to make Betfred your go-to online sportsbook, you’ll be more than happy.
Creating an account at Betfred Sports
You can register with Betfred Sports by using the Betfred Sportsbook app or website. Once you open either the webpage or app, just follow the steps listed below and you’ll be ready to start betting in a matter of minutes.
- Click the “register” button at the top of the screen.
- Enter your account details over the next few pages: email address, account password, gender, date of birth, home address and cellphone number, and you’ll select and answer a couple security questions. This is also where you’ll enter the Betfred Sports promo code.
- You’ll check the boxes about the terms and conditions and to confirm you are not restricted from wagering at Betfred Sports, then click “register.”
- You’re not done yet, though. First, you’ll need to confirm your email address by clicking “Proceed.”
- Then a window will appear and you’ll enter the final four digits of your Social Security number, then select “Continue.”
And now you’re all set. All that’s left is making a deposit and you can get to betting!
How does Betfred Sports benefit casual bettors?
There’s a couple of ways Betfred Sportsbook benefits casual bettors.
The first is that if you’re new to sports betting, the Betfred Sports app makes it easy to always know exactly what you’re betting on and how much money you are risking and what you stand to win. It allows you to take your time and feel comfortable with what you’re doing.
The other thing that’s great about Betfred Sports is that it’s very easy to search for leagues and games you want to bet on. This is ideal if you’re looking to just bet on one sport, or even one team that you follow the most.
How does Betfred Sports benefit experienced bettors?
The great thing about Betfred Sports is that while casual bettors can feel comfortable using it, so can experienced bettors.
Betfred Sports offers multiple betting options, and creating parlays, teasers and round robin bets using the sportsbook app is a smooth and easy process. Betfred also offers different spreads and a plethora of betting choices for individual games, which is something we know a lot of serious bettors are looking for.
And we have no doubt that most knowledgeable bettors will enjoy Betfred’s live betting markets, too.
Betfred betting options
We’ve talked about it in other sections, but let’s be clear: Betfred Sportsbook has all the betting options you would expect at a major sportsbook operator.
If you want to create teasers, round robins or parlays, Betfred Sports has you covered in that regard, too. And creating multi-leg bets has never been easier than it is on the Betfred Sports app or website. All you have to do is select your bets, open your betting slip and pick the option you’re looking for.
One final note: If this is your first time using a sportsbook app, you’ll see the moneyline, spread and totals displayed on the main page. To see all the bets offered for each game, just click on the game you’re interested in, and you’ll see all the available bets.
What’s not available at Betfred
Really the only things not available on the Betfred Sports app are various bets and markets that are prohibited in the states where Betfred operates. Here’s a look at what you will not find in various Betfred markets.
- Betfred Sports CO: Betting on esports and high school sports is strictly prohibited. And there is no prop betting allowed on college sports.
- Betfred Sports IA: No live prop bets on college athletes.
- Betfred Sports PA: No wagering allowed on not-sports events, which includes amateur drafts (NFL draft, for example) and events like the Grammys and Oscars. Esports betting also is prohibited.
Betfred Sports odds boost
Betfred Sportsbook does offer daily odds boosts, which are known as “Betfred Boosts.”
You can find the Betfred Boosts by clicking on the tab with the same name at the top of the app or on the left side of the website. The boosts display what the original odds for the bet were and of course what the boosted odds now are.
Betfred Sports pricing
It doesn’t matter how good a sportsbook app is; if its odds aren’t at least on par with other books, there’s no point in doing business with it.
The good news is that while Betfred Sports was never lower than all the other books on the moneyline, it did tie for the best odds a couple of times and was super close the rest of the time.
It still makes sense to check odds at other online sportsbooks now and again, though, just to make sure the odds you are using are competitive.
How to deposit and cash out winnings
When it comes time to deposit and withdraw money from the Betfred Sportsbook app, the easiest way to do so is by clicking on your account and then selecting either “withdrawal” or “deposit.” Here are your options for depositing money at Betfred:
- Bank transfer
- Betfred Play+ card
And here are your withdrawal choices:
- Bank transfer
- Betfred Play+ card
Cash at the Betfred Sports partner casino cage
You also have the ability to fund your account by depositing or withdrawing money from the casino cage at Betfred Sportsbook retail locations. Here are a some of their locations. Please bear in mind not every book offers this, so do check with customer service before you make a special trip just for this purpose:
- Betfred Sports Colorado: Saratoga Casino, 101 Main St., Black Hawk, CO
- Betfred Sports Iowa: Grand Falls Casino & Golf Resort, 1415 Grand Falls Blvd., Larchwood, IA
- Betfred Sports Pennsylvania: Wind Creek Bethlehem, 77 Wind Creek Blvd., PA
How to contact customer support
If you run into any issues using the Betfred Sports betting app, you can email the main Betfred Sports customer support center at [email protected]. You also can have a live chat with a member of the help desk by using the Betfred app or website.
Coloradans can call 855-769-4878 or text 720-640-4033. While Iowans can call 833-921-1997.
History of Betfred
Betfred Sports was established in 1967 in England after brothers Fred and Peter Done won a bet they placed on England to win the 1966 World Cup. The company was originally called Done Bookmakers.
The company was rebranded as Betfred in 2004, which is also when the company launched its digital platform, which offered sports betting as well as various online casino games.
Betfred Sports entered the US market in 2020 and will most likely continue to expand as more and more states legalize sports betting.