The Ball State Cardinals (12-5, 3-1 MAC) will host the Western Michigan Broncos (6-11, 2-2 MAC) after winning five straight home games. The contest begins at 7:00 PM ET on Tuesday, January 17, 2023. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Cardinals’ (to win on the moneyline) contest against the Broncos ( ).
The betting trends in this article reference odds valid as of January 17, 2023 at 5:38 PM ET.
Ball State vs Western Michigan Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
Ball State Offense Vs. Western Michigan Defense
|Ball State Offense||Stats (Rank)||Western Michigan Defense|
|76.5 (76)||Points/Gm||72.9 (278)|
|4.2 (338)||Possessions/Game||10.4 (203)|
|47.9 (34)||Field Goal %||48.2 (350)|
|37.7 (43)||3PT %||38.9 (354)|
|54.4 (46)||Effective FG %||56.0 (355)|
|58.5 (32)||True Shooting %||65.5 (362)|
Western Michigan Offense Vs. Ball State Defense
|Western Michigan Offense||Stats (Rank)||Ball State Defense|
|72.2 (165)||Points/Gm||67.0 (119)|
|10.4 (160)||Possessions/Game||4.2 (26)|
|45.1 (154)||Field Goal %||42.0 (106)|
|34.1 (178)||3PT %||34.2 (220)|
|51.8 (144)||Effective FG %||47.5 (89)|
|54.9 (169)||True Shooting %||52.8 (111)|
Best Betting Sites For Ball State vs Western Michigan
Ball State Betting Insights
- Ball State has covered nine times in 15 matchups with a spread this season.
- The Cardinals have covered the spread three times this season (3-1 ATS) when playing as at least 9.5-point favorites.
- Ball State and its opponents have combined to go over the point total seven out of 15 times this season.
- The Cardinals and their opponents have gone over 146 combined points in seven of 15 games this season.
- The average point total in Ball State’s games this season is 143.5, 2.5 points fewer than this matchup’s over/under.
Western Michigan Betting Insights
- Western Michigan has put together a 7-7-0 record against the spread this year.
- The Broncos have been an underdog by 9.5 points or more seven times this season, and covered the spread in five of those games.
- A total of nine Western Michigan’s games this year have hit the over.
- Broncos games this season have had a combined scoring total higher than 146 points in seven of 14 outings.
- Western Michigan’s games this season have had an average of 145.2 points, 0.8 fewer points than this game’s total.
Ball State Key Players
- Jarron Coleman leads the Cardinals in points and assists. He averages 14.1 points per game while tacking on 3.4 assists.
- Ball State’s rebounding leader is Payton Sparks, who pulls down 8.1 per game.
- Coleman connects on 2.2 treys per game to lead the Cardinals.
- Demarius Jacobs grabs 1.4 steals and 1.6 blocks per game, both team-high averages.
Western Michigan Key Players
- The Broncos go-to guy, Lamar Norman Jr., leads the team in both scoring (17.8 points per game) and assists (2.8 assists per game).
- Markeese Hastings collects all of the boards and is the Western Michigan leader in rebounds, pulling down 10.1 per game.
- Norman Jr. leads the Broncos in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 2.9 made threes per game.
- Western Michigan’s Tray Maddox has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.2 per game and Hastings is first in blocks with 0.5 per game.