The No. 2 seed Auburn Tigers (27-5) and the No. 15 seed Jacksonville State Gamecocks (21-10) will meet on Friday at 12:40 PM in the first round of the NCAA Tournament. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Tigers’ (to win on the moneyline) game versus the Gamecocks ( ).
BetMGM March Madness Special Offer! Bet $10 on a moneyline and win $200 if either team makes a 3-pointer!
Auburn vs Jacksonville State Betting Odds
Auburn vs Jacksonville State Betting Analysis
When Auburn has possession on offense, it will look to get the ball inside the paint to their dominant frontcourt which features the likes of potential No. 1 overall pick Jabari Smith, and fellow Naismith POY candidate Walker Kessler. It’s evident Auburn is very efficient on both sides of the ball. Auburn’s adjDEF SQ value of 0.92 is ranked in the top five, to go along with their adj SQ value, which at 0.29 is ranked in the top ten. Furthermore, the Tigers are finding significantly more efficient, higher-quality shots when on offense than the amount of possessions resulting in high quality shots that their defense allows.
When Jacksonville State has the ball, they look to rely on their efficient 3-point shooting ability, which is ranked inside the top five. Moreover, Jacksonville State has a Rim & 3 Rate of 85%, which signifies that on 8.5 of every ten offensive possessions, the Gamecocks find a high quality shot either from beyond the arc, or under the basket.
Despite the No. 15-seeded Jacksonville State Gamecocks’ impressive three-point shooting ability, there may be enough value to back Auburn as a 15.5-point favorite due to the overwhelming advantages that the Tigers have in the frontcourt.
Auburn Offense Vs. Jacksonville State Defense
|Auburn Offense||Stats (Rank)||Jacksonville State Defense|
|78.7 (23)||Points/Gm||66.8 (106)|
|71.6 (55)||Possessions/Game||67.1 (96)|
|44 (177)||Field Goal %||40.8 (41)|
|32 (264)||3PT %||33 (157)|
|50.3 (179)||Effective FG %||48.2 (111)|
|54.4 (137)||True Shooting %||51.2 (115)|
Jacksonville State Offense Vs. Auburn Defense
|Jacksonville State Offense||Stats (Rank)||Auburn Defense|
|73.9 (95)||Points/Gm||67 (112)|
|66.4 (261)||Possessions/Game||71 (284)|
|47.2 (34)||Field Goal %||38.4 (5)|
|38.8 (5)||3PT %||31.1 (54)|
|55.5 (19)||Effective FG %||44.1 (9)|
|58.1 (26)||True Shooting %||49.2 (29)|
Auburn Betting Insights
- Auburn has compiled a 20-12-0 ATS record so far this year.
- The Tigers have covered the spread twice this season (2-3 ATS) when playing as at least 16-point favorites.
- Auburn and its opponents have combined to hit the over 18 out of 32 times this season.
- Auburn’s games this season have featured more combined points than this contest’s total of 138.5 points 21 times.
- Tigers matchups this year have an average point total of 144.8, 6.3 more points than this game’s over/under.
Jacksonville State Betting Insights
- Jacksonville State has covered 17 times in 29 games with a spread this year.
- The Gamecocks have covered the spread when playing as at least 16-point underdogs in their only opportunity this season.
- In Jacksonville State’s 29 chances this year, the combined scoring has gone over the point total 14 times.
- Jacksonville State has played 13 games this season that have had more than 138.5 combined points scored.
- The average over/under for Gamecocks outings this season is 136.8, 1.7 fewer points than this game’s point total.
Auburn Key Players
- Jabari Smith leads the Tigers in scoring, putting up 17.1 points per game.
- Wendell Green Jr. leads Auburn with five assists a game and Walker Kessler paces the team with 8.2 rebounds per outing.
- Smith is the top three-point shooter for the Tigers, connecting on 2.3 per game.
- K.D. Johnson leads the team with two steals per game. Kessler collects 4.4 blocks a contest to pace Auburn.
Jacksonville State Key Players
- Darian Adams owns the Gamecocks top spot in scoring with 15.6 points per game and also tacks on 5.2 rebounds and 3.8 assists per contest.
- When it comes to Jacksonville State leaders in rebounds and assists, the team has two players at the top: Brandon Huffman with 5.8 rebounds per game and Jalen Finch with 4.4 assists per game.
- Demaree King leads the Gamecocks in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 2.7 made threes per game.
- Adams tops Jacksonville State in steals with 1.5 per game, and Huffman leads the squad in blocks with one per game.
March Madness bracket & live odds