The Army Black Knights (2-0) will try to extend their three-game winning streak when they take on the UConn Huskies (0-3). The Black Knights, listed aton the spread, take to their home field on September 18, 2021 at 12:00 PM ET on CBS Sports against the Huskies, on the moneyline to win. The game’s total is currently set at .
In this article we break down everything you need to know before placing a bet on the game, including key metrics, stats, insights, and the best available odds.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of September 18, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Army Vs. UConn Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
Army Offense Vs. UConn Defense
|Black Knights Offense||Stats (Rank)||Huskies Defense|
|40.5 (25)||Points/Gm||44.0 (126)|
|386.0 (72)||Yards/Gm||487.7 (121)|
|87.5 (125)||Pass Yards/Gm||298.0 (117)|
|298.5 (7)||Rush Yards/Gm||189.7 (99)|
|17.5 (1)||Yards/Pass||9.4 (114)|
|4.5 (62)||Yards/Rush||4.3 (84)|
|65.5% (4)||3rd Down %||3.3% (1)|
|0 (1)||Turnovers||2 (58)|
|0 (1)||Sacks||7 (4)|
UConn Offense Vs. Army Defense
|UConn Offense||Stats (Rank)||Army Defense|
|9.3 (128)||Points/Gm||22.5 (68)|
|197.3 (125)||Yards/Gm||327.0 (62)|
|115.0 (120)||Pass Yards/Gm||282.0 (112)|
|82.3 (119)||Rush Yards/Gm||45.0 (6)|
|3.6 (128)||Yards/Pass||9.4 (114)|
|2.4 (123)||Yards/Rush||1.9 (9)|
|29.4% (112)||3rd Down %||55.0% (122)|
|6 (127)||Turnovers||3 (27)|
|7 (125)||Sacks||3 (38)|
When Army Has The Ball
- The Black Knights rank first in the FBS at 17.5 yards per pass attempt. The Huskies give up 9.4 yards per passing play (114th in college football).
- Army scores 40.5 points per game (25th-best in the FBS), and will be up against UConn’s defense which is second-worst in college football (44.0 ppg).
- The Black Knights’ rushing game ranks seventh in the FBS (298.5 yards per game). The Huskies allow 189.7 rushing yards per game (99th).
- UConn ranks 58th in college football with two turnovers forced, while Army has committed zero (first).
When UConn Has The Ball
- The Huskies are 123rd in the FBS in yards per rush (2.4), and will be attempting to turn the tide against the No. 9 defense in that category, as the Black Knights give up 1.9 yards per rush attempt.
- Army allows 45.0 rushing yards per game (sixth in the FBS). UConn’s running game ranks 119th in college football (82.3).
- The Black Knights have forced three turnovers (27th-most in the FBS), and the Huskies have committed six turnovers (most in college football).
- UConn has allowed seven sacks to rank 125th in college football. Army’s defense has three (38th-most).
Army Betting Trends And Insights
- Army has a record of 1-1-0 against the spread this season.
- The Black Knights have been the moneyline favorite only one other time so far this season, a game they won.
UConn Betting Trends And Insights
- UConn has not won against the spread this year in two opportunities.
- The Huskies have not covered the spread this year (0-1 ATS) when playing as at least 34.5-point underdogs.
- The Huskies have lost both games they’ve played as underdogs this season.
Army Players To Watch
- So far this year Jakobi Buchanan has rushed for 99 yards on 29 carries (49.5 ypg), with three rushing touchdowns.
- This season Braheam Murphy has two receptions for a team-high 72 receiving yards (36.0 per game) and two touchdowns.
- Tyrell Robinson has tacked on two receptions for 45 yards and one touchdown.
- This season Sean Eckert is averaging 26.0 yards per game, with one catch for 26 yards.
UConn Players To Watch
- Jack Zergiotis leads the team with 235 passing yards (117.5 yards per game) and has a 44.6% completion percentage this year (29-of-65) while throwing three touchdowns with three interceptions.
- Kevin Mensah has 40 attempts for a team-high 107 rushing yards (35.7 per game) and zero touchdowns.
- Nathan Carter has 32 yards on 13 carries (16.0 ypg).
- This season Cameron Ross has eight receptions for a team-high 60 receiving yards (30.0 per game).
- Keelan Marion has also tacked on three catches for 60 yards and two touchdowns this year. He puts up 60.0 receiving yards per game.
- Cameron Hairston has 26 receiving yards on four receptions, averaging 13.0 yards per game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from