The Arkansas Razorbacks (5-3, 1-3 SEC) take the 14th-ranked passing defense in college football into a matchup with the Mississippi State Bulldogs (5-3, 3-2 SEC), who have the No. 3 passing attack. The Bulldogs (on the moneyline to win) and the Razorbacks ( ) kick off the action on November 6, 2021 at 4:00 PM ET. The point total for the matchup is set at points.
Before you make a bet on this game, read this article for the best available odds and everything else you need to know about the matchup — from key metrics and player stats to betting trends and more.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of November 6, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See the table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Arkansas Vs. Mississippi State Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
Arkansas Offense Vs. Mississippi State Defense
|Razorbacks Offense||Stats (Rank)||Bulldogs Defense|
|32.8 (36)||Points/Gm||24.6 (62)|
|465.1 (15)||Yards/Gm||314.3 (23)|
|216.1 (78)||Pass Yards/Gm||223.6 (64)|
|249.0 (4)||Rush Yards/Gm||90.6 (6)|
|9.0 (15)||Yards/Pass||7.3 (67)|
|5.4 (12)||Yards/Rush||3.4 (20)|
|38.8% (75)||3rd Down %||36.7% (44)|
|4 (8)||Turnovers||9 (35)|
|5 (30)||Sacks||4 (107)|
Mississippi State Offense Vs. Arkansas Defense
|Mississippi State Offense||Stats (Rank)||Arkansas Defense|
|28.0 (75)||Points/Gm||23.5 (53)|
|425.6 (44)||Yards/Gm||332.9 (36)|
|371.3 (3)||Pass Yards/Gm||167.5 (14)|
|54.4 (130)||Rush Yards/Gm||165.4 (86)|
|6.7 (102)||Yards/Pass||6.6 (23)|
|2.6 (127)||Yards/Rush||4.2 (74)|
|49.1% (11)||3rd Down %||28.2% (5)|
|12 (107)||Turnovers||7 (82)|
|6 (43)||Sacks||7 (78)|
When Arkansas Has The Ball
- The Razorbacks are No. 30 ranked in college football in sacks conceded (five), facing the pass rush ranked 107th, the Bulldogs (four).
- Arkansas averages 9.0 yards per pass attempt (15th in the FBS), and Mississippi State gives up 7.3 per pass (67th in college football).
- The Razorbacks have a 38.8% third-down conversion rate, 75th in the FBS. The Bulldogs allow third-down conversions on 36.7% of their opponents’ attempts (44th).
- Arkansas has committed four turnovers, eighth-lowest in the FBS, while Mississippi State has forced nine turnovers (35th-most in college football).
When Mississippi State Has The Ball
- The Razorbacks’ defense gives up 6.6 yards per pass attempt (23rd in the FBS). The Bulldogs’ offense averages 6.7 yards per pass (102nd in college football).
- Mississippi State averages 2.6 yards per carry (127th in college football) compared to the 4.2 per rushing attempt Arkansas allows (74th in the FBS).
- The Bulldogs have the 130th-ranked rushing offense in the FBS (54.4 yards per game). They face the Razorbacks’ 86th-ranked rushing defense, which gives up 165.4 on the ground per game.
- Mississippi State is No. 43 in college football in sacks conceded (six), up against the pass rush ranked 78th, owned by Arkansas (seven).
Arkansas Betting Trends And Insights
- Arkansas has compiled a 5-3-0 ATS record so far this year.
- The Razorbacks have covered the spread twice when favored by 4.5 points or more this season (in four opportunities).
- In Arkansas’ eight games this season, the combined scoring has gone over the point total five times.
- In five of eight games this season, Arkansas and its opponents have combined to total more than 53.5 points.
- The Razorbacks have put together a 2-1 record in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite (winning 66.7% of those games).
Mississippi State Betting Trends And Insights
- Mississippi State has covered four times in eight matchups with a spread this year.
- The Bulldogs have covered the spread once this year (1-1 ATS) when playing as at least 4.5-point underdogs.
- So far this season, three out of Mississippi State’s eight games with an over/under have hit the over.
- Mississippi State has combined with its opponent to score more than 53.5 points in three of eight games this season.
- The Bulldogs have entered the game as underdogs four times this season and won twice.
Arkansas Players To Watch
- This season, K.J. Jefferson has put up 1,657 passing yards (207.1 yards per game) while connecting on 110 of 178 passes (61.8% completion percentage), with 15 touchdowns and three interceptions. He has added 419 rushing yards on 81 carries (plus five touchdowns), averaging 52.4 yards per game.
- Trelon Smith has 90 carries for a team-high 459 rushing yards (57.4 per game) and four touchdowns.
- Raheim Sanders has 434 yards on 79 carries (54.3 ypg), with one rushing touchdown.
- Treylon Burks has hauled in 42 passes for a team-best 717 yards with seven touchdowns. He averages 89.6 yards per game.
- Tyson Morris has chipped in with 236 yards (on 14 catches) and two touchdowns.
- Warren Thompson is averaging 34.3 yards per game, racking up 13 receptions for 206 yards and two touchdowns.
Mississippi State Players To Watch
- Will Rogers has thrown for 2,892 yards while completing 75.2% of his passes (328-of-436), with 19 touchdowns and seven interceptions this year (361.5 yards per game).
- Jo’quavious Marks has taken 71 carries for a team-leading 252 rushing yards (31.5 yards per game) while scoring four touchdowns. He’s also caught 58 passes for 344 yards with two touchdowns through the air.
- So far this year Dillon Johnson has run for 248 yards on 54 carries (31.0 ypg), with three rushing touchdowns. Johnson also helps out in the passing game, catching 42 passes for 261 yards (32.6 ypg).
- Makai Polk has hauled in 63 passes for a team-best 603 yards while scoring six touchdowns. He averages 75.4 yards per game.
- Jaden Walley has contributed with 433 yards on 36 catches and four touchdowns. He puts up 54.1 receiving yards per game this year.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from