The No. 4 Arkansas Razorbacks (25-8) take on the No. 13 Vermont Catamounts (28-5) in the first round of the NCAA Tournament on Thursday, tipping off at 9:20 PM. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Razorbacks’ (to win on the moneyline) contest against the Catamounts ( ).
BetMGM March Madness Special Offer! Bet $10 on a moneyline and win $200 if either team makes a 3-pointer!
Arkansas vs Vermont Betting Odds
Arkansas vs Vermont Betting Analysis
Coming off a disappointing SEC tournament defeat to Texas A&M, the Razorbacks look to regain their regular season momentum. On offense, they want the ball in the hands of star PG JD Notae. Notae put up an impressive 19 PPG to go along with 4.5 rebounds & 3.5 assists. For the Razorbacks to avoid an upset, they must rely heavily on their ability to get to the charity stripe. Arkansas ranks second in the country in both free throws and free throws attempted.
After four losses prior to mid-December, the Catamounts have been playing some of the best basketball in the country. Vermont has won 24 of 25. But Vermont is playing an Arkansas team that is far more athletic on both sides of the basketball. For the majority of the season, the Catamounts were playing American East foes, many of which struggled on offense and were ranked outside the top 200 in offensive efficiency and pretty much every other statistic.
Although Vermont has looked unbelievable for the second half of the season, they may be significantly overvalued in the market and haven’t truly been tested in months. If so, there may be enough value on the Razorbacks to cover five points.
Arkansas Offense Vs. Vermont Defense
|Arkansas Offense||Stats (Rank)||Vermont Defense|
|76.9 (41)||Points/Gm||60.3 (10)|
|71.6 (55)||Possessions/Game||66.1 (54)|
|44 (177)||Field Goal %||41 (50)|
|30.7 (315)||3PT %||34.5 (234)|
|49.2 (244)||Effective FG %||47.5 (77)|
|54.4 (137)||True Shooting %||49.2 (29)|
Vermont Offense Vs. Arkansas Defense
|Vermont Offense||Stats (Rank)||Arkansas Defense|
|74.9 (73)||Points/Gm||68.5 (160)|
|64.4 (329)||Possessions/Game||71.2 (286)|
|49.3 (5)||Field Goal %||41.1 (55)|
|36.4 (49)||3PT %||32.8 (147)|
|57.2 (4)||Effective FG %||47.5 (77)|
|60 (4)||True Shooting %||51.9 (144)|
Arkansas Betting Insights
- Arkansas has compiled a 20-13-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Razorbacks have covered the spread 11 times this season (11-9 ATS) when playing as at least 5.5-point favorites.
- Arkansas’ games have hit the over 20 out of 33 times this season.
- Arkansas and its opponents have gone over 139.5 combined points in 21 of 33 games this season.
- The average point total in Razorbacks contests this year is 145, 5.5 more points than this game’s over/under.
Vermont Betting Insights
- Vermont has won 23 games against the spread this year, while failing to cover or pushing nine times.
- The Catamounts have covered the spread twice this year (2-1-1 ATS) when playing as at least 5.5-point underdogs.
- Vermont and its opponents have combined to go over the point total 18 out of 32 times this season.
- Vermont’s games this season have had a combined scoring total higher than 139.5 points in 14 of 32 outings.
- The Catamounts have a 134.1-point average over/under in their contests this season, 5.4 fewer points than this game’s total.
Arkansas Key Players
- The Razorbacks points and assists leader is JD Notae. He scores 18.5 points per game and dishes out 3.7 assists.
- Arkansas is led in rebounds by Jaylin Williams’ 9.6 per game.
- The Razorbacks are led by Notae from long distance. He hits 2.1 shots from deep per game.
- Arkansas’ steals leader is Notae, who collects 2.2 per game. Williams leads the team averaging 1.2 blocks an outing.
Vermont Key Players
- Isaiah Powell grabs 6.3 rebounds per game, 2.9 assists per game, and 8.4 points per game, putting him in the top spot on the Catamounts in both rebounds and assists.
- Ryan Davis has the title of Vermont’s top scorer by putting up 17.2 points per game.
- Ben Shungu makes more threes per game than any other member of the Catamounts, averaging 1.9 treys per game.
- Vermont’s Shungu has the top spot on the team’s steals leaderboard with 1.2 per game and Davis is first in blocks with 0.8 per game.
March Madness bracket & live odds