The No. 19 Arizona State Sun Devils (2-0) hit the field against the No. 23 BYU Cougars (2-0) at LaVell Edwards Stadium in Provo, Utah. The Cougars (moneyline odds to win) take to their home field on September 18, 2021 at 10:15 PM ET on ESPN against the Sun Devils ( ). A point total of points has been set for the contest by oddsmakers.
Before making a bet on this game, check out this article where we provide the best available odds and break down everything you need to know about the matchup — including key metrics, stats, trends and more.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of September 18, 2021, 12:00 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Arizona State Vs. BYU Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
Arizona State Offense Vs. BYU Defense
|Sun Devils Offense||Stats (Rank)||Cougars Defense|
|39.0 (31)||Points/Gm||16.5 (38)|
|443.0 (42)||Yards/Gm||383.0 (87)|
|187.0 (94)||Pass Yards/Gm||246.0 (95)|
|256.0 (15)||Rush Yards/Gm||137.0 (70)|
|8.0 (55)||Yards/Pass||6.6 (63)|
|5.9 (18)||Yards/Rush||4.6 (95)|
|52.0% (18)||3rd Down %||26.9% (19)|
|3 (79)||Turnovers||2 (58)|
|2 (51)||Sacks||4 (19)|
BYU Offense Vs. Arizona State Defense
|BYU Offense||Stats (Rank)||Arizona State Defense|
|25.0 (93)||Points/Gm||12.0 (18)|
|374.0 (77)||Yards/Gm||189.5 (8)|
|178.0 (97)||Pass Yards/Gm||106.5 (9)|
|196.0 (46)||Rush Yards/Gm||83.0 (28)|
|6.0 (103)||Yards/Pass||4.3 (6)|
|4.9 (48)||Yards/Rush||2.9 (37)|
|48.4% (30)||3rd Down %||32.0% (42)|
|0 (1)||Turnovers||4 (11)|
|1 (24)||Sacks||2 (58)|
When Arizona State Has The Ball
- The Sun Devils rank 18th with 5.9 yards per carry, compared to the 4.6 per rush the Cougars give up (95th in the FBS).
- Arizona State’s running game ranks 15th in the FBS (256.0 yards per game). BYU gives up 137.0 rushing yards per game (70th).
- The Sun Devils have the 42nd-ranked offense in the FBS in yards per game (443.0). They take on a Cougars defense ranked 87th, giving up 383.0 yards per game.
- Arizona State’s pass protection has resulted in two sacks allowed, 51st-fewest in college football. BYU’s defense has four (19th-most).
When BYU Has The Ball
- The Sun Devils defense allows 4.3 passing yards per attempt (sixth in the FBS). They will attempt to shut down the Cougars’ passing attack, which has the No. 103 yards-per-pass average in college football (6.0 per attempt).
- BYU’s 178.0 passing yards per game ranks 97th in the FBS. Arizona State’s defense gives up 106.5 through the air (ninth in college football).
- The Cougars’ offense is 93rd in the FBS at 25.0 points per game. They will be facing the Sun Devils’ defense which gives up 12.0 per game (18th in college football).
- BYU averages 374.0 yards per game to rank 77th in the FBS. They play a Arizona State defense ranked eighth, allowing 189.5 yards per game.
Arizona State Betting Trends And Insights
- The Sun Devils have not covered the spread when favored by 3 points or more this season (in one opportunity).
- The Sun Devils have been listed as the moneyline favorite just one other time so far this season, a game they won.
BYU Betting Trends And Insights
- BYU has won one game against the spread this season.
- The Cougars have been an underdog by 3 points or more once this season, and covered the spread.
- The Cougars won the only game they’ve played as the underdog this season.
Arizona State Players To Watch
- Jayden Daniels leads the team with 307 passing yards (153.5 yards per game) and has a 73.2% completion percentage this year (30-of-41) while throwing two touchdowns with one interception. He also has 165 rushing yards on 19 carries, averaging 82.5 yards per game.
- So far this year Rachaad White has rushed for 148 yards on 29 carries (74.0 ypg), with four rushing touchdowns. White also makes an impact in the passing game, catching six passes for 52 (26.0 ypg).
- LV Bunkley-Shelton has hauled in six passes for a team-high 65 yards with one touchdown. He averages 32.5 yards per game.
- Ricky Pearsall has hauled in six catches for 65 yards (32.5 yards per game).
- Johnny Wilson has racked up 60 yards on six receptions with one touchdown, averaging 30.0 yards per game.
BYU Players To Watch
- Jaren Hall has thrown for 347 yards while completing 62.1% of his passes (36-of-58), with five touchdowns and zero interceptions this year (173.5 yards per game). He’s also carried the ball 13 times for 128 yards, averaging 64.0 yards per game.
- Tyler Allgeier has racked up a team-best 196 rushing yards (98.0 per game) and one touchdown.
- Neil Pau’u has 11 catches and paces his team with 145 receiving yards (72.5 ypg) while scoring three touchdowns.
- Keanu Hill has tacked on four receptions for 55 yards.
- Puka Nacua has 37 receiving yards on four receptions, averaging 37.0 yards per game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from