The Appalachian State Mountaineers (8-2, 5-1 Sun Belt) take a four-game winning streak into matchup with the Troy Trojans (5-5, 3-3 Sun Belt). The Mountaineers, listed aton the spread, take the field as visitors on November 20, 2021 at 3:30 PM ET against the Trojans, on the moneyline to win. Oddsmakers have listed the matchup’s total at .
Before making a bet on this game, take a look at this article to see the best available odds and everything else you need to know about the matchup — including key metrics, betting trends, team and player stats and more.
The betting trends in the article below are based off odds valid as of November 20, 2021 at 2:06 PM ET. Check out the table below for the most up-to-date lines for this game and click here to get the best DraftKings Sportsbook deposit bonus!
Appalachian State Vs. Troy Betting Odds
For college football picks and predictions this week, check out our best bets article at PlayPicks.
Appalachian State Offense Vs. Troy Defense
|Mountaineers Offense||Stats (Rank)||Trojans Defense|
|35.7 (18)||Points/Gm||23.1 (51)|
|450.6 (16)||Yards/Gm||321.7 (23)|
|256.3 (40)||Pass Yards/Gm||198.7 (34)|
|194.3 (28)||Rush Yards/Gm||123.0 (30)|
|8.5 (26)||Yards/Pass||7.6 (84)|
|4.8 (36)||Yards/Rush||3.2 (12)|
|37.7% (81)||3rd Down %||34.5% (27)|
|11 (77)||Turnovers||12 (24)|
|3 (12)||Sacks||18 (4)|
Troy Offense Vs. Appalachian State Defense
|Troy Offense||Stats (Rank)||Appalachian State Defense|
|25.7 (86)||Points/Gm||21.7 (38)|
|356.5 (93)||Yards/Gm||341.3 (38)|
|244.4 (54)||Pass Yards/Gm||226.0 (62)|
|112.1 (108)||Rush Yards/Gm||115.3 (24)|
|6.8 (97)||Yards/Pass||7.1 (49)|
|3.7 (94)||Yards/Rush||3.3 (16)|
|40.4% (64)||3rd Down %||34.0% (25)|
|10 (62)||Turnovers||10 (47)|
|11 (94)||Sacks||9 (54)|
When Appalachian State Has The Ball
- The Mountaineers average 8.5 yards per pass attempt (26th in the FBS), and the Trojans allow 7.6 per pass (84th in college football).
- Appalachian State is 81st in the FBS in third-down percentage (37.7%), and will be up against the 27th-ranked Troy third-down defense (34.5%).
- The Mountaineers are the FBS’ 77th-ranked offense in terms of committing turnovers (11), and are up against the 24th-ranked team in turnovers forced, the Trojans (12).
- Appalachian State has the 18th-ranked offense in the FBS, averaging 35.7 points per game. Troy’s defense is 51st, allowing 23.1 points per contest.
When Troy Has The Ball
- The matchups don’t favor the Trojans offense in this game as they have the No. 108 rushing attack in the FBS (112.1 yards per game), and will be up against the No. 24 defense in that category. The Mountaineers allow 115.3 yards per game on the ground.
- Troy averages 3.7 yards per carry (94th in college football) compared to the 3.3 per rushing attempt Appalachian State gives up (16th in the FBS).
- The Trojans are 93rd in college football, racking up 356.5 yards per game, while the Mountaineers rank 38th in yards allowed (341.3).
- Appalachian State’s defense gives up 7.1 yards per pass attempt (49th in the FBS). Troy’s offense averages 6.8 yards per pass (97th in college football).
Appalachian State Betting Trends And Insights
- Appalachian State has put together a 7-3-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Mountaineers are 5-1 ATS this season when playing as at least 9.5-point favorites.
- A total of four out of Appalachian State’s 10 games this season have hit the over.
- Appalachian State’s 10 games this season have gone over this contest’s total of 51.5 points eight times.
- The Mountaineers have won six of the seven games they were listed as the moneyline favorite this season (85.7%).
Troy Betting Trends And Insights
- Troy has compiled a 3-6-0 ATS record so far this season.
- The Trojans have covered the spread when playing as at least 9.5-point underdogs in their only opportunity this season.
- Troy and its opponents have combined to go over the point total four out of nine times this year.
- Troy has played four games this season that finished with a combined score over 51.5 points.
- This season, the Trojans have been listed as the underdog in four games and failed to win any of those contests.
Appalachian State Players To Watch
- This season, Chase Brice has racked up 2,454 passing yards (245.4 yards per game) while completing 186 of 289 passes (64.4% completion percentage), with 17 touchdowns and eight interceptions. He has added 111 rushing yards on 47 carries (plus three touchdowns), averaging 11.1 yards per game.
- Nathaniel Noel has racked up a team-best 913 rushing yards (91.3 per game) and three touchdowns.
- Camerun Peoples has 699 yards on 128 carries (87.4 ypg), with 13 rushing touchdowns.
- This season Corey Sutton has 50 receptions for a team-high 745 receiving yards (74.5 per game) and six touchdowns.
- Malik Williams has added 728 yards (on 46 catches) and five touchdowns.
- This season Thomas Hennigan has caught 39 passes for 509 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 50.9 receiving yards per game.
Troy Players To Watch
- Taylor Powell leads his team with 1,227 passing yards (204.5 per game) and has a 65.6% completion percentage (122-of-186), throwing seven touchdown passes and five interceptions.
- Kimani Vidal has picked up a team-best 635 rushing yards (70.6 per game) and five touchdowns.
- B.J. Smith has run for 334 yards on 77 carries (37.1 yards per game), with three touchdowns on the ground this year. He also has 19 catches for 147 yards (16.3 per game).
- Tez Johnson has 58 catches and paces his team with 633 receiving yards (63.3 ypg) while scoring four touchdowns.
- Luke Whittemore has hauled in 22 catches for 358 yards (39.8 yards per game) and one touchdown.
- This season Jabre Barber is averaging 32.3 yards per game, with 28 catches for 291 yards and three touchdowns.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from