Alex Smalley, who took 10th in the Genesis Scottish Open at The Renaissance Club July 7-10 in his last tournament, enters play in the 2022 Rocket Mortgage Classic at Detroit Golf Club withodds to win. The course, located in Detroit, Michigan, will play host to this tournament from July 28-31. The field of 169 golfers vie for the title last claimed by Cameron Davis.
The betting insights in the article below are based off odds valid as of July 27, 2022 at 12:22 AM ET.
Claim Caesars Sportsbook $1,100 Bonus Make your first bet and you’ll get a free bet back if it loses for up to $1,100. Promo Code: LEGALCZR
Alex Smalley odds for the Rocket Mortgage Classic
Smalley’s recent form
- Over his last five tournaments, Smalley has one top-10 finish and two top-20 finishes.
- He has made three cuts over his last five tournaments.
- Over his last five events, Smalley has finished within five shots of the leader once. He’s carded a score that’s better than average three times.
- He has an average score relative to par of -7 in his last five events.
Rocket Mortgage Classic details
- Date: July 28-31, 2022
- Location: Detroit, Michigan
- Course: Detroit Golf Club
- Par: 72 / 7,340 yards
- Purse: 8.4M
- Defending Champ: Cameron Davis
Course comparison – Detroit Golf Club
- Detroit Golf Club will play at 7,340 yards for this event. Over the past year on Tour, the average tournament has been hosted on courses with an average distance of 7,265.
- Golfers at Detroit Golf Club have averaged a score of -11 per tournament, lower than the Tour-wide scoring average of -4 over the past year.
- Courses Smalley has played over the past year have measured an average of 7,226 yards, 114 yards shorter than the 7,340-yard Detroit Golf Club for this week’s event.
- Events he’s played over the past year have seen players average a score of -5 relative to par. That’s higher than this course, which has a scoring average of -11.
Historical player and course insights reflect data from the 2014-15 PGA season to present.
Alex Smalley 2022 results
|Date||Event||Finish||Score||SG – Tee to Green||SG – Putting||Earnings|
|July 7-10||Genesis Scottish Open||10||67-73-67-71 (-2)||–||–||$157,800|
|June 30 – July 4||John Deere Classic||16||71-67-68-66 (-12)||2.908||-1.728||$97,803|
|June 23-27||Travelers Championship||MC||72-71||-2.496||-1.710||$0|
|June 9-12||RBC Canadian Open||21||67-67-67-73 (-6)||19.928||-1.72||$94,830|
|June 2- 6||the Memorial Tournament pres. by Workday||MC||74-77||-0.444||-2.144||$0|
|May 26-29||Charles Schwab Challenge||27||72-66-69-73 (E)||–||–||$56,333|
|May 5- 9||Wells Fargo Championship||MC||70-75||2.492||-3.318||$0|
|April 28 – May 1||Mexico Championship||6||66-66-70-68 (-14)||10.628||6.512||$238,163|
|April 14-17||RBC Heritage||MC||69-75||-2.150||4.882||$0|
|March 31 – April 3||Valero Texas Open||MC||74-75||-2.812||-0.696||$0|
|March 24-28||Corales Puntacana Championship||2||69-65-73-65 (-16)||–||–||$329,300|
|March 17-20||Valspar Championship||MC||70-73||-5.216||5.036||$0|
|March 3- 6||Arnold Palmer Invitational pres. by Mastercard||38||73-71-77-73 (+6)||5.613||-3.433||$53,400|
|February 24-27||The Honda Classic||55||71-70-72-72 (+5)||-0.242||0.439||$18,160|
|February 17-20||The Genesis Invitational||72||69-72-72-73 (+2)||-7.627||3.190||$24,120|
|February 3- 6||AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am||MC||71-75-68||1.385||0.711||$0|
|January 26-30||Farmers Insurance Open||56||73-62-76-73 (-4)||-0.393||-5.433||$19,152|
|January 20-24||The American Express||25||67-70-69-70 (-12)||1.445||0.757||$55,955|
|January 13-17||Sony Open in Hawaii||MC||67-71||-0.312||-1.436||$0|
Below is a round-by-round breakdown of Smalley’s 10th-place finish last time out at the Genesis Scottish Open on July 7-10.
|Round||Score||Under Par||Bogey Free||Under AVG||Strokes Off Round Leader||Round Rank|
Find PGA Player Props Today
Powered By Data Skrive using data from