The Mississippi State Bulldogs (12-7, 1-6 SEC) will try to end a four-game losing streak when they visit the No. 2 Alabama Crimson Tide (17-2, 7-0 SEC) at 9:00 PM ET on Wednesday, January 25, 2023 at Coleman Coliseum. The game airs on SEC Network. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Crimson Tide’s (to win on the moneyline) matchup versus the Bulldogs ( ).
The insights in what follows are based off odds valid as of January 25, 2023 at 9:40 PM ET.
Alabama vs Mississippi State Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
Alabama Offense Vs. Mississippi State Defense
|Alabama Offense||Stats (Rank)||Mississippi State Defense|
|84.1 (8)||Points/Gm||58.3 (6)|
|15.4 (126)||Possessions/Game||10.0 (45)|
|44.1 (210)||Field Goal %||38.9 (12)|
|34.6 (152)||3PT %||32.2 (120)|
|52.3 (118)||Effective FG %||46.0 (31)|
|56.8 (75)||True Shooting %||49.0 (16)|
Mississippi State Offense Vs. Alabama Defense
|Mississippi State Offense||Stats (Rank)||Alabama Defense|
|64.9 (331)||Points/Gm||69.0 (170)|
|10.0 (318)||Possessions/Game||15.4 (239)|
|40.4 (342)||Field Goal %||36.9 (3)|
|28.5 (352)||3PT %||26.1 (4)|
|45.6 (347)||Effective FG %||40.9 (2)|
|48.7 (352)||True Shooting %||45.6 (5)|
Best Betting Sites For Alabama vs Mississippi State
Alabama Betting Insights
- Alabama has covered 13 times in 19 games with a spread this season.
- The Crimson Tide have been favored by 11.5 points or more five times this season, and covered the spread in three of those games.
- Alabama and its opponents have combined to hit the over eight out of 19 times this season.
- The Crimson Tide and their opponents have gone over 142.5 combined points in 15 of 19 games this season.
- Alabama has an average point total of 153.1 in its outings this year, 10.6 more points than this matchup’s over/under.
Mississippi State Betting Insights
- Mississippi State has covered eight times in 19 games with a spread this season.
- A total of five Mississippi State’s games this season have hit the over.
- The Bulldogs have played just one game this season that ended with a combined score higher than 142.5 points.
- Mississippi State has had an average of 123.3 points scored in its games so far this season, 19.2 points fewer than this game’s over/under.
Alabama Key Players
- Brandon Miller leads the Crimson Tide scoring 19.8 points per game.
- Alabama is led in rebounding by Noah Clowney’s 8.6 rebounds per game and assists by Jaden Bradley’s 3.7 assists per game.
- The Crimson Tide are led by Miller from beyond the arc. He connects on 3.3 shots from deep per game.
- Alabama’s blocks leader is Charles Bediako, who collects 1.8 per game. Mark Sears leads the team averaging 1.4 steals a game.
Mississippi State Key Players
- Tolu Smith leads the team in both scoring (13.7 points per game) and rebounding (8.1 rebounds per game).
- Dashawn Davis puts in work handing out assists and is Mississippi State’s assist leader with 3.2 per game.
- Davis makes more threes per game than any other member of the Bulldogs, cashing in 1.6 treys per game.
- Nobody on Mississippi State grabs more steals than Shakeel Moore (2.4 per game) or blocks more shots than Cameron Matthews (0.8 per game).