The Miami (OH) RedHawks (7-12, 1-5 MAC) aim to break a three-game road losing streak when they visit the Akron Zips (13-6, 5-1 MAC) on Tuesday, January 24, 2023 at 7:00 PM ET. Keep reading to find betting insights and statistics to help place a wager on the Zips’ (to win on the moneyline) game versus the RedHawks ( ).
The insights in the article below use the latest odds as of January 24, 2023 at 5:38 PM ET.
Sign up for DraftKings today and get up to $1,250 in bonuses! New bettors only.
Akron vs Miami (OH) Betting Odds
Get in on the betting discussion! Chat with Eli Hershkovich and our team of experts every day in our FREE Discord community.
Akron Offense Vs. Miami (OH) Defense
|Akron Offense||Stats (Rank)||Miami (OH) Defense|
|71.1 (191)||Points/Gm||75.1 (317)|
|10.7 (286)||Possessions/Game||17.7 (318)|
|42.1 (305)||Field Goal %||49.4 (360)|
|32.7 (250)||3PT %||37.6 (339)|
|49.4 (258)||Effective FG %||56.1 (356)|
|53.5 (224)||True Shooting %||62.6 (357)|
Miami (OH) Offense Vs. Akron Defense
|Miami (OH) Offense||Stats (Rank)||Akron Defense|
|74.6 (123)||Points/Gm||62.0 (26)|
|17.7 (47)||Possessions/Game||10.7 (73)|
|44.7 (171)||Field Goal %||41.9 (94)|
|33.6 (211)||3PT %||34.9 (247)|
|51.7 (141)||Effective FG %||47.6 (83)|
|54.7 (173)||True Shooting %||54.9 (184)|
Best Betting Sites For Akron vs Miami (OH)
Akron Betting Insights
- Akron has covered six times in 17 chances against the spread this season.
- The Zips have been favored by 14 points or more this season once, and failed to cover the spread.
- So far this season, six out of Akron’s 17 games have hit the over.
- The Zips’ 17 games this season have gone over this contest’s total of 138.5 points five times.
- Akron’s outings this year have an average point total of 133.1, 5.4 fewer points than this game’s over/under.
Miami (OH) Betting Insights
- Miami (OH) has won six games against the spread this season, while failing to cover 10 times.
- The RedHawks have not covered the spread this season (0-2 ATS) when playing as at least 14-point underdogs.
- A total of nine Miami (OH)’s games this season have hit the over.
- The RedHawks have combined with their opponent to score more than 138.5 points in 12 of 16 games this season.
- The average over/under for Miami (OH)’s contests this season is 149.7, 11.2 more points than this game’s total.
Akron Key Players
- Xavier Castaneda leads the Zips in points and assists. He contributes 19.9 points per game while also adding 3.2 assists.
- Akron is led in rebounds by Enrique Freeman’s 10.7 per game.
- Castaneda is the top three-point shooter for the Zips, hitting 3.1 per game.
- Akron’s steals leader is Castaneda, who collects 1.2 per game. Freeman leads the team averaging 1.1 blocks a game.
Miami (OH) Key Players
- Mekhi Lairy’s excellent performances this season give him the top spot on the RedHawks scoring and assists leaderboards with 17.2 points per game and 4.3 assists per game.
- Morgan Safford collects all of the boards and is the Miami (OH) leader in rebounds, getting 6.1 per game.
- Lairy is tops from three-point range for the RedHawks, hitting 1.8 treys per game.
- Nobody on Miami (OH) grabs more steals than Lairy (1.4 per game) or blocks more shots than Jaquel Morris (1.1 per game).