The Philadelphia 76ers (7-1) are favored () to extend a five-game winning streak when they visit the Brooklyn Nets (4-4) at 7:30 PM ET on Thursday, January 7, 2021 at Barclays Center. The game airs on TNT. The matchup has an over/under set at points.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from William Hill Sportsbook as of January 6, 2021, 11:55 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
76ers vs Nets Betting Odds
76ers vs Nets Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of January 7
Mike Scott: Out (Left Knee),
Furkan Korkmaz: Out (Groin)
Kevin Durant: Out (Health and Safety Protocols),
Nicolas Claxton: Out (Right knee),
Rodions Kurucs: Day To Day (Ankle),
Spencer Dinwiddie: Out For Season (ACL),
Reggie Perry: Day To Day (Groin)
76ers and Nets Records ATS
- Philadelphia is over .500 against the spread this season with a record of 7-1.
- When favored by at least 2 points, the 76ers are 5-1 against the spread this season.
- 8 of 8 Philadelphia games this season (100%) resulted in a total more than the contest’s over/under.
- Over the course of this season, Brooklyn has come up with an even record of 4-4 ATS.
- For the seventh time this season, the Nets are at least a 2-point underdog, where they have a record of 2-4 against the spread.
- Eight of Brooklyn’s eight games (100%) this season have been over the over/under.
Head to Head
Joel Embiid scored a team-high 39 points to help lead the 76ers over Caris LeVert (25 points) and the Nets 112-104 in their most recent matchup. The 76ers were favored by 6.5 points in the game and covered the spread in the win. The teams put up a total of 216 total points to go over the 214.5-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|2/20/2020||76ers||76ers||-6.5||214.5||-277||221||Regular Season||112-104 PHI*|
|1/20/2020||76ers||Nets||-2.5||218.5||-142||119||Regular Season||117-111 PHI*|
|1/15/2020||76ers||76ers||-7||221.5||-276||224||Regular Season||117-106 PHI*|
|12/15/2019||76ers||Nets||-4||220||-175||145||Regular Season||109-89 BKN*|
|3/28/2019||–||76ers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||123-110 PHI|
- 2/20/2020 DNP – 76ers: Ben Simmons; Nets: Kyrie Irving
- 1/20/2020 DNP – 76ers: Joel Embiid; Nets: Kyrie Irving
- 1/15/2020 DNP – 76ers: Joel Embiid
- 12/15/2019 DNP – 76ers: Joel Embiid; Nets: Kyrie Irving, Caris LeVert
- In Philadelphia’s matchups this season, the 76ers and their opponents have gone over Thursday’s over/under of 225 points 31 times (387.5% of opportunities).
- In four out of Brooklyn’s eight games this year (50%), the competing teams scored a higher point total than the point total in Thursday’s matchup.
- This season the average total for 76ers games is 220.8 points, 4.2 fewer than the over/under of 225 points for this contest.
- Nets’ games have a total points bet of 230.8 points this season, 5.8 points more than the over/under for this matchup.
- The average implied total for the 76ers this season is 33.1 points, 80.9 fewer points than their implied total of 114 points in Thursday’s game.
- Philadelphia has outscored this matchup’s implied point total (114) 34 times.
- The 30.6-point average implied total on the season for the Nets is 81.4 fewer points than the team’s 112-point implied total in this matchup.
- Brooklyn has scored more than 112 points in five games this season.
- The 76ers are the league’s seventh-highest scoring team (114.8 PPG), while the Nets allow the 16th-fewest points per game (111.2) in NBA action.
- The 76ers have out-scored their opponents by a total of 70 points this season (8.8 points per game on average), and the Nets have put up 66 more points than their opponents on the year (8.3 per game).
- Embiid leads the 76ers in points and rebounds. He averages 25.3 points per game while adding 11.7 rebounds.
- Embiid’s PRA prop total for the contest is set at 36.5, 3.8 lower than his season average of 40.3.
- Ben Simmons paces the team with 7.6 assists per game.
- Simmons’ PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 32.5, 1.7 higher than his season average of 30.8.
- The 76ers are led by Seth Curry from long distance. He connects on 3.1 shots from deep per game.
- Curry’s three pointers made prop total for the game is set at 2.5, 0.6 shots less than his season average of 3.1.
- Philadelphia’s steals leader is Danny Green, who collects 1.4 per game. Embiid leads the team averaging 1.9 blocks a contest.
- Embiid’s blocks prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.4 blocks lower than his season average of 1.9.
- Kevin Durant owns the Nets top spot in scoring with 28.2 points per game and also tacks on 7.0 rebounds and 4.8 assists per contest.
- Durant’s PRA prop over/under for the contest is set at 37.5, 2.5 lower than his season average of 40.0.
- Jarrett Allen (11.6 rebounds per game) and Kyrie Irving (6.1 assists per game) are the Brooklyn leaders in rebounds and assists.
- Irving’s PRA prop over/under for the game is set at 37.5, 1.1 less than his season average of 38.6.
- Irving leads the Nets in shooting from beyond the arc, averaging 3.7 made threes per game.
- Irving’s three pointers made prop total for the contest is set at 2.5, 1.2 shots lower than his season average of 3.7.
- Irving is at the top of Brooklyn’s steals hierarchy with 1.6 steals per game and Allen leads the squad in blocks with 1.8 per game.
- Allen’s blocks prop total for the game is set at 1.5, 0.3 blocks lower than his season average of 1.8.
The model favors the 76ers by 0.8 points, just 1.2 less than the 2-point spread set by William Hill.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from