The Orlando Magic (4-0) are favored () to extend a four-game win streak when they host the Philadelphia 76ers (3-1) at 6:30 PM ET on Thursday, December 31, 2020 at Amway Center. The contest airs on NBA TV. The matchup has an over/under set at points.
The betting insights in this article reflect odds data from DraftKings Sportsbook as of December 31, 2020, 12:40 AM ET. See table below for current betting odds.
76ers vs Magic Betting Odds
76ers vs Magic Props
Looking to bet on props for this game? Use our prop search tool to find the best odds across legal sportsbooks in the US.
Injury Report as of December 31
Joel Embiid: Day To Day (Back),
Furkan Korkmaz: Out (Groin)
Jonathan Isaac: Out For Season (Knee),
Al-Farouq Aminu: Out (Knee),
James Ennis III: Out (Hamstring)
76ers and Magic Records ATS
- With a mark of 30-42-4, Philadelphia had a losing record against the spread last season.
- The 76ers had a losing record against the spread when favored by at least 3 points, going 18-24-1 last season.
- 40 of 76 Philadelphia games last season (52.6%) resulted in a total greater than the contest’s over/under.
- Orlando held a losing record ATS last season with 35 wins, 41 losses, and two ties ATS.
- The Magic earned a 14-10 record against the spread last season when they entered a game as at least a 3-point underdog.
- 41 of Orlando’s 78 games (52.6%) last season covered the over/under.
Head to Head
Joel Embiid scored a team-high 23 points to lead the 76ers past Evan Fournier (22 points) and the Magic 108-101 in their last matchup on Friday. The 76ers were favored by 5 points in the game and covered the spread in the win. The teams scored 209 total points to fall short of the 222-point over/under.
|Date||Favorite||Home Team||Spread||Total||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline||Game Type||Result|
|8/7/2020||76ers||76ers||-5||222||-212||174||Regular Season||108-101 PHI*|
|12/27/2019||76ers||Magic||-3.5||210||-166||139||Regular Season||98-97 ORL|
|11/13/2019||Magic||Magic||-2.5||207.5||-140||117||Regular Season||112-97 ORL*|
|3/25/2019||–||Magic||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||119-98 ORL|
|3/5/2019||–||76ers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||114-106 PHI|
|11/14/2018||–||Magic||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||111-106 ORL|
|10/20/2018||–||76ers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||116-115 PHI|
|3/22/2018||–||Magic||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||118-98 PHI|
|2/24/2018||–||76ers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||116-105 PHI|
|11/25/2017||–||76ers||–||–||–||–||Regular Season||130-111 PHI|
- 8/7/2020 DNP – 76ers: Ben Simmons; Magic: Aaron Gordon
- 11/13/2019 DNP – 76ers: Joel Embiid
- In Philadelphia’s matchups last season, the 76ers and their opponents exceeded Thursday’s point total of 217 points 39 times (50.6% of opportunities).
- In 36 out of Orlando’s 78 games last season (46.2%), the competing teams scored more points than the over/under in Thursday’s matchup.
- On average, the 76ers saw a 218.8 over/under in their games last season, 1.8 more points than the over/under in this matchup.
- The over/under for this game is 0.9 points more than the average over/under in Magic’s games last season (216.1 points).
- The 76ers had an average implied point total of 112 last season, which is two points higher than their implied total in Thursday’s game (110).
- Philadelphia outscored its implied point total for this matchup (110) 39 times last season.
- The average implied point total last season for the Magic (110.4) is 3.4 more points than the team’s implied total in this matchup (107).
- Last season, Orlando scored more than this game’s implied total of 107 points 33 times.
- Last season, the 76ers were the league’s 20th-highest scoring team (110.2 PPG), while the Magic allowed the fifth-fewest points per game (108.8) in NBA play.
- The 76ers out-scored their opponents by a total of 127 points last season (1.6 points per game on average), and opponents of the Magic out-scored them by 120 more points on the year (1.5 per game).
- Embiid averaged 23.0 points per game last season and grabbed 11.6 rebounds a contest.
- Ben Simmons averaged 8.0 assists per game.
- Simmons nicked 2.1 steals per game. Embiid collected 1.3 blocks a contest.
- Nikola Vucevic was solid last season with 19.6 points and 10.8 rebounds per game.
- Markelle Fultz racked up 5.1 assists per game.
- Jonathan Isaac grabbed 1.6 steals and 2.3 blocks per game.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from